Pony Talk > Off Topic

Tell me about Sailor Moon

(1/8) > >>

Ponyfan:
Hi. I saw several Sailor Moon DVDs at Walmart. I'm wondering if it is worth it to buy a DVD set of Sailor Moon?  I think I watched part of the episode back in the 90s and it was kind of weird? Maybe I just saw a bad episode though.  Which series is the original Sailor Moon? I saw a DVD of Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R and Sailor Moon Crystal.  I think Crystal is a reboot of the original Sailor Moon?  I know Sailor Moon seems pretty popular.

Ponyfan

kaoskat:
Why not watch a few episodes on crunchyroll and see if you like it? http://www.crunchyroll.com/sailor-moon-crystal

melodys_angel:
Crystal is the reboot, yes.  It follows the manga closely and there is no filler.

I personally loved it but there are others that do not--its personal preference.

ghouldilocks:
Yes, Crystal is the reboot - kissanime has all episodes of all series (originals and dubs), if I remember correctly, so you can always stream a few random episodes free first if you aren't sure whether you'd want to buy a set.

Pokeyonekenobie:
The Sailor Moon DVDs that are at Walmart now are using a newer voice cast and translation, so if you watched it on TV back in the nineties, there will be some differences, most notably the names.  For example Sailor Moon in the 90s had the name Serena and in this dub it is Usagi.  Her friend (formerly known as Molly) no longer has a Brooklyn accent (I think that's what it was supposed to be).  They're supposed to be releasing ALL the episodes eventually, uncut, (even the Sailor Stars season that was never released in America before) so there will be some things that you don't expect, like the episode with the baby that shows that the baby is a boy.   

Haven't watched any of Crystal yet, so I'm not any help there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version