collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tragically Hip  (Read 879 times)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Tragically Hip
« on: August 21, 2016, 08:30:41 AM »
Well, last night in Canada coast to coast we turned into The Hip on the CBC at home, or attended viewing parties in our towns. We were lost to the world for well over three hours. CBC aired the final concert in Kingston Ontario (The band's hometown) uncut, commercial free and live. My mum and I were among the many who couldn't get tickets to any of the shows. I am thankful I did still get to see them. I have seen them live in the past, truly amazing.

Still emotional today. Any Hip fans in the house? And, if you haven't heard their music and puzzled why Canada "was closed" last night- check them out. Lots of Canadian identity in their lyrics, but lots of songs that touch on life.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tragically Hip
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 09:24:51 AM »
I saw it indirectly, my work place hosted one of the viewing parties last night. I don't think I've ever heard them before, and the music was cranked up way too loud for me to hear/enjoy, so I'll have to listen to them when my ears stop hurting to form a real opinion. :dizzy:

We had a huge projector displayed on the side of a truck for the patio which was double the size of our indoor projector. I was honestly shocked how everyone reacted, people were taking pictures of the screens on their phone as if they were there live, and the usual wooing and clapping, it was a lively night.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 09:54:30 AM »
On and off, yeah.

Still kind of sad.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 10:14:56 AM »
Nope, not a fan at all.  I know, I know...  it's so un-Canadian of me.  ;)  Good things about them: At least they know how to play instruments and Auto-Tune isn't a hallmark of their "sound"! 

I'm now depressed about it though, because now everyone who does like this band and this singer, now they'll just get media updates on the treatment and death after weeks/months/years... it's not like we all wake up and "that's it," like with a heart attack or sudden overdose.  It's gonna be drawn-out and the audience will be captive on.every.detail that media can market out of the matter.  :( 

And then their popularity and value will go up because of the ending, not because they were great musicians who should have always been appreciated!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 03:12:00 PM »
My brother went to see them. Not really my band of choice, but he seemed like he had a good time.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »
I like a bunch of their hits but couldn't call myself a hardcore fan.   I'm glad those who are were able to see them perform live one last time, a courageous and humble thing for Gordie to do for his fans, faced with his certain future and to give people closure.... I'm sure his band mates are like family and are going to miss him terribly, as much as his actual family  :(

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 08:50:00 PM »
Nope, not a fan at all.  I know, I know...  it's so un-Canadian of me.  ;) 

Oh good, I was seriously starting to think I was the only Canadian who ISN'T a Hip fan!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 05:19:21 AM »
Glad you were able to watch it!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 10:29:33 AM »
Haha, yeah. I'm a hardcore fan. Unfortunately I never got the opportunity to go to all the concerts I wanted (too little money, too little time working, and was too far away from some venues) Loved them since I was a young kid. It was the later 80's I remember them being cranked on the radio by my mom.

Thinking you should like them because they are Canadian and so are you is just silly. We're all moved by different music, different sounds. Nickleback is Canadian too, but I wouldn't attend their concerts even if there was a free complete punzie and scoops in it for me. ;)

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »
Nickleback is Canadian too, but I wouldn't attend their concerts even if there was a free complete punzie and scoops in it for me. ;)

LOL I'm not a Nickelback fan at all, but I have to say they put on a good show. We saw them because Chris Daughtry was opening for them in Toronto when we lived there and I'm a big fan of Daughtry, so we went and stuck around for Nickelback just to see if it was any good, and it was! I was actually pleasantly surprised!

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 05:54:59 PM »
...Nickleback is Canadian too, but I wouldn't attend their concerts even if there was a free complete punzie and scoops in it for me. ;)
I would suck it up and take one for the team for a Scoops and Punzie  :lol:

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal