collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone like Real Ghostbusters? Confusion over episode listed on disc.  (Read 526 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
So before I get into this, I should probably clarify that I am aware that this year's releases are not the same as the Time-Life releases. My question has nothing to do with that.

When the new releases came out last month, I saw them at Walmart. I know I saw that Adventures in Slime and Space was listed on volume 2. I wanted it, but Amazon was cheaper. Things happened and I would have bought it at Walmart after all, but they didn't have them anymore. So I got it from Amazon this week.

It came today and Adventures in Slime and Space was not listed. Neither is it on the scan of Volume 2's cover at TVShowsonDVD. But I'm not imagining seeing it at Walmart!

Could it be that Walmart released an exclusive version with that episode? Or that the Amazon copy has a packaging error when it says it doesn't have it? I don't know whether to open the case and see if the episode really is there despite the listing on the case or if I should send it back unopened. Does anyone know the answer to this mystery of the missing episode?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Anyone like Real Ghostbusters? Confusion over episode listed on disc.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 05:43:55 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if it was a Walmart exclusive thing. I've noticed that sort of thing with other shows before. I'll give this a bump in case someone else can give you a more certain answer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »
Thanks. :) I'm surprised there wasn't a sticker saying it was an exclusive, though, if it was one; usually they like to advertise their exclusives. And the first two volumes, at least, have the episodes in the right order, so that one logically should have been on Volume 2. So, so weird.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 10:33:47 AM »
I found some of the Real Ghostbusters DVDs at Walmart and took a picture of the back of the case of Volume 2.

I didn't see those episodes listed either or a sticker saying it was a Walmart exclusive item. Are these DVDs made by Shout Factory?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
I looked up the episode on Wikipedia and the Ghostbusters wiki and didn't see anything about it having a limited release or only being available on special DVDs, so you have quite the mystery here.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 03:14:57 PM »
Very, very strange. The DVD discovered at Wal-Mart is the same one I have, but not the one I saw at our Wal-Mart. Ugh. I thought they were put out by Sony, not Shout Factory. Hmmm. It looks like if there was a printing error, it was on the ones at our Wal-Mart.

It's also a mystery why they are largely omitting that episode on the new releases. The episodes are in order on at least the first two discs, save for that one's absence.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »
Sorry if I confused you even more Lucky_Ladybug.  Shout Factory has released a box set in the past (Jem with bonus material ) and then re-released it  quietly to certain stores  without all of bonus material included. Maybe Sony did something similar? Have you contacted Sony to see if they can cofirm the episode is on Volume 2?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 02:19:44 AM »
I haven't contacted them, but maybe I should. I did open my DVD that first night and found that it wasn't on there. I considered sending it back, but I don't want to if there's no guarantee I could get the other version from Wal-Mart.com, and it looks like that might not be possible either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal