collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Re: Problem with Ebay purchase. (EBAY IDENTITY ADDED!)  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Ebay purchase. (UPDATE: Still need help.)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 12:59:56 PM »
OMG ...

Let me recap: Items paid on Aug 2nd, supposed to arrive on Aug 9th. Seller lied about shipping the items on Aug 6th. When I opened cases for the items on Aug 17th and Aug 20th, ebay told me that I would have to wait until Aug 31st before they would even look at the case (I received the same information both in an email and on telephone). I let ebay know that I would be on holiday until Sept 3rd. They told me this wouldn't be a problem.

I returned from my holiday literally half an hour ago, started reading my emails, saw several notifications from ebay and logged into my account to witness the following:

Aug 26th: The seller sent the items (long after I had notified them that I no longer had any use for the items and was requesting a refund). Reason for the delay: The parcel shop was closed for more than two weeks, and they didn't have a car to drive to a different parcel shop.

Aug 28th: Ebay asked me on to respond until the 31st, otherwise the case would be closed.

Aug 31st: Ebay closed the case. They decided in favour of the seller and declined my request for a refund. Reason: The seller had shipped the items. (Btw: I have no idea where the parcel with the items is. Maybe a neighbour is holding it for me or it hasn't arrived, yet - I'll try to find out tomorrow morning.)

Any idea what to do now? If the items were paid with paypal on Aug 2nd and supposed to arrive on Aug 9th, shipping them on Aug 26th is not ok. I cannot accept ebay's decision. It is not the seller's choice when to ship.

Phew. I'm livid right now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:07:44 PM by Libelle »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 01:13:26 PM »
First question - can you file direct with paypal still (as paypal and ebay are no longer aligned companies) or is this not possible now ebay closed the case?

Second question - why did Ebay close the case that quickly? When I had my problem with the seller, I had an extended period in which I could have responded. Much longer than a week, especially if they knew you were away on holiday.

That is very odd to me...unless... I would see if a: the parcel is there with anyone, and if it is, if there is a tracking number  ebay have been given by the seller, that's why they closed the case. If seller can provide tracking ebay tends to go with it. It would also explain why they knew the item was so late to be sent. If you have tracking you should be able to find out what is going on with your item. If it still doesn't arrive, with or without tracking, see if there is an option still via paypal - but I suspect seller gave ebay a tracking number.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
Re: Re: Problem with Ebay purchase. (UPDATE: Still need help.)
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »
First question - can you file direct with paypal still (as paypal and ebay are no longer aligned companies) or is this not possible now ebay closed the case?

Sadly, it doesn't seem to be possible (unless somebody can give me pointers?) ...

Second question - why did Ebay close the case that quickly?

I have no idea! They literally gave me three days to respond: Aug 28th - Aug 31st. Moreover, they had told me that they wouldn't even be able to look at the case before Aug 31st and that I would be save while on holiday.

That is very odd to me...unless... I would see if a: the parcel is there with anyone, and if it is, if there is a tracking number  ebay have been given by the seller, that's why they closed the case. If seller can provide tracking ebay tends to go with it.

Indeed, you're right! It was hard to find, but the seller added a tracking number to their reply on Aug 28th (the day that ebay notified me I had three days time to respond before they would close the case). "Fun fact": I've just entered the tracking number, and no parcel with that tracking number exists.

So ... on top of it all, ebay sides with the seller even though the tracking number is wrong and there is no way to verify that the parcel has been shipped/arrived? Insanity thy name is ebay!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:40:22 PM by Libelle »

Wishlist

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 02:47:54 PM »
Personally I would be complaining to ebay customer support and pointing that out. Even if it is closed.

With paypal I am unsure if you can chargeback on an ebay purchase if Ebay closed the case, but I would definitely gather your evidence and take it to ebay CS again by phone or online chat (if you can ever find the latter). It's harder to ignore people's complaints in real time...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 03:07:48 PM »
Call eBay back.  You typed in the given tracking number and it does not match up to a package on its way to you.  Second, like you mentioned before, you wanted theses items 3 weeks ago when you had a plan for them.  Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil!
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 03:26:22 PM »
Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

:D

Wishlist

Offline marblecheshire

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
Did PayPal charge your credit card?

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 04:46:28 PM »
Did PayPal charge your credit card?

No, my bank account.

Post Merge: September 03, 2016, 04:16:05 AM

Update:

Talked to the ebay customer service on the phone. All four cases were decided in my favour (the one that was already closed was decided in my favour after a formal objection to ebay's decision had been raised). I will receive my money back within 7 days. I'm glad!

About the seller:

They lied about sending the items on Aug 6th, apparently they lied again about sending the items on the 26th: the tracking number does not match up (it simply doesn't exist), no parcel has arrived within 7 work days (it would have arrived after 3 days at the latest had it been shipped on the 26th). I even talked to the delivery guy (whom I know well) and to the customer service of the carrier: no parcel was delivered or attempted to be delivered while I was on holiday.

They gave different "excuses" for not sending the items: the parcel shop was closed for holiday, they didn't have a car, the parcel shop had temporarily confiscated the parcel while they were closed for holiday ...

Dear mods, shall I share the name of the ebay seller with you or even publicly on the forum? They are/have been selling a lot of MLP items, and it is not the first time that they have received negative feedback for non-delivery of an item.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:17:55 AM by Libelle »

Wishlist

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Re: Problem with Ebay purchase. (ANOTHER UPDATE!)
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 05:40:59 AM »
I think you should share the name of the seller publicly, especially since they have done this before. It would not be good for another member to be fooled by them! I am surprised eBay hasn't taken down their auctions!

Offline marblecheshire

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Problem with Ebay purchase. (ANOTHER UPDATE!)
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 09:17:24 AM »
I think you should share the name of the seller publicly, especially since they have done this before. It would not be good for another member to be fooled by them! I am surprised eBay hasn't taken down their auctions!

Exactly! Glad you got your money back!

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
Re: Re: Problem with Ebay purchase. (EBAY IDENTITY ADDED!)
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 02:24:37 AM »

Exactly! Glad you got your money back!

Their account name on Ebay is christianu85. Beware of this seller! If you look at their feedback, you will notice that they have scammed several other buyers within the past month!!!

Wishlist

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 07:30:57 AM »
Oh my goodness their feedback is in the 80's.  That is enough to send me flying another direction that is for sure.  Yikes really why are they still selling on ebay at all?

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Libelle

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 08:14:31 AM »
Oh my goodness their feedback is in the 80's.  That is enough to send me flying another direction that is for sure.  Yikes really why are they still selling on ebay at all?

I know! It wasn't when I bought my items, but they've scammed a number of buyers this month. None of us have received any of our items, in fact, all of the items are now being relisted by the seller. It's completely insane!

What really makes me angry is that they've successfully cheated the system: When they provided a false (!) tracking number, ebay automatically (!) closed my case in their favour. I successfully complained to ebay about this, however, the moment the case was closed, the seller received their money, and ebay refunded me out of their own pocket. I'm keeping my eyes on their listings, and the moment they relist my items, I am going to call ebay, so they can take action against them.

Wishlist

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 09:00:43 AM »
Thanks for updating us!  I sure hope nobody else has this problem! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
Re: Problem with Ebay purchase. (EBAY IDENTITY ADDED!)
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 02:35:53 PM »
I am so glad you were able to get this mess sorted out. So many things wrong with this whole situation, including how eBay initially handled it. Just glad you will be getting your money back.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal