collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Annoying Childhood Memories  (Read 954 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Annoying Childhood Memories
« on: August 15, 2016, 07:38:46 PM »
I don't mean anything scarring, I'm just talking about life's little constants, that you might get a laugh at nowadays.

My lola is an awesome and amazing cook, we went to this Filipino restaurant once and even though it was good, it had nothing on her cooking. But there is One thing to this day that I don't like. Peppercorns. As a kid, I would constantly try to pick every single peppercorn out of her various, delicious meals and just when I thought I was safe, cee-runch! I'd bite into a hard, little ball of condensed, freakin black pepper. It happened Every Single Time Without Fail. It was positively uncanny I tell you.  :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Annoying Childhood Memories
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 08:06:20 PM »
Chores... picking up dog leavings in particular. Ew. Oo, and spiders. My sister would jump up squealing over a daddy long legs.  :lol: I always had to take care of anything icky, because dad was at work, and my sister was terrified.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 03:18:31 AM »
I can definitely empathise with the peppercorn situation - those things are evil! My childhood memory would have to be the mysterious "Doggies' End" at the playground of my school. The older kids always said there were dogs there and all the times I went down there, no dogs! Not a single one! You can't promise dogs and not deliver! XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 07:50:02 AM »
My grandmother used way too much Maggi and oil in her German cooking so I tend to shy away from some of those.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 08:38:55 AM »
What's Maggi?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 01:45:33 PM »
My sister and i are 2 years apart, me being the older one. My sister has a flair for embellishing stories, a lot... As soon as I was old enough, I was responsible for watching her and myself after school, to save money, even though.. we fought like crazy xD.

So this is what happened.. she was annoying me, so i threw a colored pencil at her, it was the first thing readily available in my hand. (i remember immediately regretting it and realizing that it could hit her eye or something)  the point of the pencil just happened to hit the center of her forehead and bounced off. Nothing serious happened, I even remember us laughing about it after it happened because it was so random that it would land perfectly like that.

Fast forward to today, she STILL tells the story and swears that I, Chased her down, caught her, held her down and STABBED her in the forehead with a pencil! Sometimes I wonder if she tells the story like that just to get a rise out out of me, because it annoys me every time. -_-

Just to clarify xD my sister and I have a MUCH better relationship now that we're older, have kids, and DON'T live in the same house rofl.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 02:54:25 PM »
My sister and i are 2 years apart, me being the older one. My sister has a flair for embellishing stories, a lot... As soon as I was old enough, I was responsible for watching her and myself after school, to save money, even though.. we fought like crazy xD.

So this is what happened.. she was annoying me, so i threw a colored pencil at her, it was the first thing readily available in my hand. (i remember immediately regretting it and realizing that it could hit her eye or something)  the point of the pencil just happened to hit the center of her forehead and bounced off. Nothing serious happened, I even remember us laughing about it after it happened because it was so random that it would land perfectly like that.

Fast forward to today, she STILL tells the story and swears that I, Chased her down, caught her, held her down and STABBED her in the forehead with a pencil! Sometimes I wonder if she tells the story like that just to get a rise out out of me, because it annoys me every time. -_-

Just to clarify xD my sister and I have a MUCH better relationship now that we're older, have kids, and DON'T live in the same house rofl.

I'm on the opposite side of that. The annoying younger sister. I didn't realize how annoying I was until I was 25! We're four years apart and unfortunately she really didn't want me from the beginning. Would have been happier if my existence could be erased. Our fights were so much worse.

I remember wanting to be my sister. I thought she was so cool. Remember that next time you see yours. :) sisters are irreplaceable.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »

That is messed up and really funny. XD

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 04:47:47 PM »
@Tak, dont worry, we actually have a very good relationship now that were adults and "slightly" more mature. xD We still have fights IF we spend too much time together lol. But otherwise, we have a very close relationship despite living a few hours away from each other, and our kids are best bros. :) Her oldest son and my (only) son are practically brothers xD. My son has even mistakenly called him his brother.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 05:35:43 PM »
What's Maggi?

Germans know! My grandma did the same. LOL

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 09:31:41 PM »
I had a little brother. My entire childhood was annoying.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 02:18:09 AM »
i got "married" to my "boyfriend" in my back garden when i was 7 we had the reception in the shed :D xaflame
that "boyfriend is now married propley ..... to a guy , i think i should have seen that coming as i had to chase him to give him a kiss :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:22:47 AM by Aflame »

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »
The giant grasshoppers in our backyard.. OMG!  :lol: They were huge! My bro and I would catch and swat them down with flyswatters to give to my grandpa's chickens and roosters. We'd get a nickel each for the smaller ones and like a quarter or a $1 each for the bigger ones..   :D
The getting money part was not annoying, it was those darn things jumping up and hitting me in the face! XD
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:29:36 PM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2016, 09:51:05 PM »
The giant grasshoppers in our backyard.. OMG!  :lol: They were huge! My bro and I would catch and swat them down with flyswatters to give to my grandpa's chickens and roosters. We'd get a nickel each for the smaller ones and like a quarter or a $1 each for the bigger ones..   :D
The getting money part was not annoying, it was those darn things jumping up and hitting me in the face! XD

Eww

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal