collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Piggy found on ebay, PC and rehairing her or not?  (Read 1764 times)

Poseyponey

• Trade Count: (0)
Piggy found on ebay, PC and rehairing her or not?
« on: August 15, 2016, 02:00:45 PM »
Found this beauty on ebay, she will be my first Piggy pony, but: what is she worth? She has no eyelashes anymore, no symbols, the hair is cut and she has some marks.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4448/9jvlr8mi_jpg.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4448/mdn765gy_jpg.htm

And my second question is: rehair her or not?
Normally, I rehair ponies who are looking like this and sometimes, I refresh the symbols, too. But I'm not sure if I should do this with her... some opinions?
Thank you all. <3

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Piggy found on ebay, PC and rehairing her or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »
Minty :heart:

I'd value her between $70-100, she is popular, but not the rarest piggy. It depends how fussy people are about flaws :)

I'd wait until you get her and see what's she's like :) her mane doesn't look too bad and her tail looks cute bobbed. A careful hair style might be fine. You could always rehair the bottom of her mane and give her a replacement tail. I'd save her original tail though.

Restoration won't really change her value much, but if you choose to seller her on, there are collectors who don't like restored ponies.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:26:43 PM »
I prefer nirvana ponies with hair cut then ones that were rehaired. I would not buy a pony with the symbols re painted. Just my personal preference if it is helpful.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 06:43:11 PM »
I on the other hand would prefer a rehaired (matching the original hair color of course) nirvana over a haircut -I hate haircuts- and don't mind touched up/fixed symbols if done well, but every collector is different!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 09:11:42 AM »
It looks like snuzzle to me or am I see a diff colour lol xx
Looks grey and pink but I could be wrong xx

Poseyponey

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 10:29:42 AM »
Thanks to all of you! <3
I'd prefere Minty as well, but I thought it was a Snuzzle. Maybe there is still a tiny bit of a symbol left- we will see. :)
I don't like ponies with bad hairs and I don't think that I have joy with her when her hair is too short. It's a good idea to change the tail and keep it! Maybe that is a 50/50 solution. :)

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 11:26:47 AM »
I on the other hand would prefer a rehaired (matching the original hair color of course) nirvana over a haircut -I hate haircuts- and don't mind touched up/fixed symbols if done well, but every collector is different!

Totally understand, I used to say I was ok with rehaired, but I've gotten so many that were really badly done and felt the pony was significantly damaged by it, so now I avoid rehaired ponies. I think PKW was spot on that it dosent add value or lower it. As you said, very much a personal preference.

Touching up symbols I'll agree is neutral and up to collector preferences, but a total repaint of symbols I do think would hurt value, it's getting very close to the boarder between restoration and customized to me.

Again, just my personal feeling, not judging in any way.

Poseyponey

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 12:31:26 PM »
And I was asking for your opinions, so thanks that you're all posting so diffenrent views. That helps me a lot for making my decision. ;)

For me a pony is restaurated when you can't say if it's rehaired (just when you open it) and if the symbols are original or not. I almost have this perfection- but only almost. :) And waaa, this is a piggy!! Don't want to make her worser than before. :D

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 02:52:55 PM »
a pony is always more beautiful when she is restored. Especially if it is a rare pony as it can be a piggy, it should be restored to regain its former glory.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »
Rehairing and touchups is such a personal decision that there is no right or wrong answer, but you just have to go with what you want yourself. If you think there is a reasonable chance the pony may get sold down the line, I would always recommend leaving it as is and then the next owner can still make a choice.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 03:05:23 PM »
I think rehairing a nirvana pony is something personal. I only do rehairs to nirvanas that have no hair left at all. And when I do a rehair, I try to keep it as close to the original as possible.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 04:15:18 PM »
Funny it looks like minty in one photo and snuzzle in the other.

I'd wait until you get her and see what's she's like :) her mane doesn't look too bad and her tail looks cute bobbed. A careful hair style might be fine. You could always rehair the bottom of her mane and give her a replacement tail. I'd save her original tail though.

Love pkw xxx

She does look cute as is. I would just give her a good cleaning.
If you do decide to give her a new tail you can leave the original tail inside the body cavity. That way if you do sell her on the original tail wont be lost. Unless its super rusty.

Offline Vettefromm

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vetten.weebly.com
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 07:15:04 AM »
I think that rehairing and repainting symbols is the right thing to do if it would make you enjoy her more. Sometimes, the restoration process will make you bond with a pony to the point of you never being able to sell! I would always do with my collection as pleases me as a collector most, not what I would think is worth more to others. :)

If I ever do restore, I make sure to let people know if I ever sell. That's the most important part :)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 03:38:06 PM »
Funny it looks like minty in one photo and snuzzle in the other.

Love pkw xxx

She does look cute as is. I would just give her a good cleaning.
If you do decide to give her a new tail you can leave the original tail inside the body cavity. That way if you do sell her on the original tail wont be lost. Unless its super rusty.

That is a great idea! It wouldn't get lost or forgotten that way :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Poseyponey

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 12:41:33 AM »
Indeed, it's a very good idea.
I made some photos for you (and me)- I love her so much, I can't get her off of my hands. :) Crazy, isn't it?
Well, she got her cleaning now, but her tail is rusty and I have a problem with the hair. It is much thicker and shinier than the normal pony hair and the colour is next to tea rose (from Cotton Candy or Sundance) but lighter and with more orange... have to take photos to describe it better, I think. So... they're many options:
1.) let her as she is (no)
2.) give her a new tail and new mane (I don't know... makes me feel unconfortable)
3.) give her a new tail, keep the old one and restore the maine with new hair (could look unharmonic)
4.) make her maine with the old tail and give her just a new tail
I haven't think about this enough plus I gave the colour tea rose just away because I decided that I need it anyway.  >_<

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal