collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: my little pony fair 2017 in September 8-10 in Providence, RI! CONFIRMED  (Read 22344 times)

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
Re: my little pony fair 2017
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2017, 01:46:57 AM »
Ultimately, I don't care where it is, I'll be rolling up in there regardless! I need my pony getaway!

Offline drusillaTopic starter

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+88)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2017, 05:57:03 PM »
yes vacation please  plus ponies so a pony vacation and in the summer so no winter....yes please

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • The obsessive one.
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2017, 08:16:01 PM »
hopefully they put it ona week before classes start back. i would hate to miss class to go to a pony convention  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
My ebay: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2017, 06:15:04 PM »
I hope we hear something soon!

My summer plans aren't all concrete yet, but I do know that my husband's class reunion is this summer and we won't want to miss that. There are also talks of a vacation of some sort with our friends. So hopefully the fair won't clash with either of those, because I'd hate to miss out on going since I didn't make it last year.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login / You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2017, 01:35:47 AM »
I really, really hope they don't cap tickets this year!   

I understand NOT putting a local Groupon out there (one year we got lots of confused parents and small children upset that we were "stealing the kids' toys") but once you start making the "Exclusive Convention Club" elitist.... it's really hard to change that perception!  :(
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+83)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2017, 02:06:10 AM »
I really, really hope they don't cap tickets this year!   

I understand NOT putting a local Groupon out there (one year we got lots of confused parents and small children upset that we were "stealing the kids' toys") but once you start making the "Exclusive Convention Club" elitist.... it's really hard to change that perception!  :(

My understanding was that part of it was the Groupon, part of it was the lack of space available, and part because a 'closed event' with no ticket sales at the door, meant sellers weren't going to have to deal with paying taxes on sales?

Part of it is probably also because there was a lot more theft at the last few 'open' ones; too.  A smaller event is easier to control things like that.

I don't really think 'elitist' fits, because the only limitation is that the tickets be bought ahead. They aren't saving them for certain people or anything like that, or saying you have to be "selected" to have a booth, like some other cons do, after all.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:09:31 AM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2017, 03:14:22 AM »
The thing that makes me a little sad about capping the event is that I always bring someone with me, and it's never been anyone interested in buying ponies.  I think the friend I brought this past year bought a little bit of art, but that's all. I'd worry that I was knocking someone that would buy from the vendors out of a ticket by bringing a guest, but it's unavoidable, I need someone else to take over part of the driving, and I don't really have any friends to hang out with at the convention other than whoever I bring.

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »
i told my boss they will be announcing it "soon" and that i would be putting in my vacation asap..  that is of course depending on how close it it to me and how much a plane ticket costs

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2017, 01:21:12 AM »
i told my boss they will be announcing it "soon" and that i would be putting in my vacation asap..  that is of course depending on how close it it to me and how much a plane ticket costs

Me too!!! Haha I cannot wait!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Myeyesha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
  • icon of my ponysona made by sun-shimmer on tumblr!
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2017, 08:34:51 AM »
omg pls ANYWHERE in California!! I've always wanted to go, but have yet to have the funds to travel across the country ><
"Don't forget the glitter!!"-g4 Pinkie ♥ "well Twinkle, a magical friend once told me that extra, extra special wishes are the ones made for friends!" -skywishes ♥

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2017, 11:30:55 PM »
I'd love it to be in Nashville or Atlanta... I think I could swing going to somewhere up north or back in a central state...
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, Guest!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login here!  :biggrin:

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2017, 12:45:20 PM »
Just Checking in :D

Can't wait to hear the news. As soon as it's announced I'll have to start cleaning all my G1 ponies for sale... it's going to be epic. I've gathered boxes upon boxes of G1 ponies and accessories that I haven't sorted in at least 10 years.

Nashville would be workable, that would be fun too. I just hope I can still drive to it reasonably. ;D

I just want to know when/where so i can make sure to allocate enough days for travel and if it's the same weekend as last year it's during D23 which I was hoping to attend this year... but Pony Fair is always top priority.
~Foxtale~

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • knitting pony
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »
The wait is killing ME! Hahaha. Location depends if I can go or not....sigh funding is the issue. I have wanted to go since I discovered it was held in Minnesota. Never knew about it until then. Can not wait to hear where it is:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or trade

Offline DonkeyGrl2002

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2017, 02:39:21 AM »
Hope we know soon  ;)

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2017, 01:18:38 PM »
me to its all about the location as well as the logistics.. as i do not drive it is a little difficult getting around.  plus am i taking a bus or a plane? is the bus stop or airport close to the hotel or close to the place where the fair will be held etc.... it all depends

Post Merge: January 16, 2017, 01:19:21 PM

and a bunch of quebec collectors might attend this years but again depending on location