collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 83
  • Dot Hidden: 3
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: my little pony fair 2017 in September 8-10 in Providence, RI! CONFIRMED  (Read 42338 times)

Offline LovelyLittlePony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • :3
Re: my little pony fair 2017 in September
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2017, 11:04:47 PM »
Probably won't be able to make the 12 hour drive  :( And after the costs of a plane ticket, room, and the fair admission there wouldn't be much money left over for any ponies lol. I'll start saving up anyway and see what happens  :P

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2017, 11:29:04 PM »
Yep, I'm out. *shakes head sadly* I can't afford Rhode Island this year. :( I don't think September would work out for me, either. *sigh*

Ah well. There's always next year! :D
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2017, 11:47:31 PM »
I'll be there with bells on! :heart: Its only an hour and half from me, but i would have planned on attending regardless of the location. Looking forward to seeing new and familiar faces!
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
« Reply #273 on: February 18, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »
Five or six hour drive for us. Looking forward to more details! :) Providence is a nice little city, so am also looking forward to going back to that area.

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+90)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2017, 06:01:25 PM »
im glad that is confirmed now im off to get some greyhound bus tickets... wooohooo

Offline lovebeam

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
Re: my little pony fair 2017 in September 8-10 in Providence, RI! CONFIRMED
« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2017, 06:30:07 PM »
that sucks. Why is the west coast always left out???
2,2 2 names in one! Lovebeam @ Cobralily
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2017, 08:09:59 PM »
I've never been to Rhode Island so it would be fun to be able to cross that off my map. I'll just have to see!

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2017, 03:22:58 AM »
So  do we not get any hotel info to book a room???.... Because I would rather get a room close....I really hope because we have to wait so long for info doesn't mean that I will miss out on any rooms really close or at the convention......

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+50)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2017, 03:51:29 AM »
We don't have hotel information and all the hotels in the area are getting booked and charging a lot already. This with the 13 hour drive will probably mean I don't make it to this one. :( But hey! I've had it close to me for several years now, so I'm glad different people will have a chance! Maybe this will help me justifying going to Brony Con. I hear they will also have the exclusive this year?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:54:05 AM by aintnobuffalo »
Sig by Corona, Avatar by Witch
Wish List

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2017, 08:06:58 AM »
Sue and I are talking about making the drive. But it's 16 hours from Grand Rapids mi! It's a tentative maybe at the moment from me! Any other friends from last year going?
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2017, 12:52:31 PM »
i have been phoning around for hotels since the start of feb and trust me i have been told by a few already that they are sold out for that weekend.
do not wait !!!! phone and reserve something just to make sure you can get a room.  it is free to reserve and you can cancel 1 day before your check in date for free as well.
i am even reserved in a few places at way different rates. also some hotels will let you have 4 and even up to 6 people in a room so you can split the cost.
there is a holiday in close to the center and they let you have up to 6 people in a room which is awesome.

i have even been checking out buying my greyhound bus ticket now and got a freaking shock when i saw the "shorter" 10 hour return trip is already sold out.... i even called them asking if additional buses would be put on and they can not say. they do still have the longer 14 hour return trip available but even the greyhound is being swarmed with people buying tickets

you know i was not worried before but seeing as stuff is getting sold out so fast, whatever this fair / hascon is going to be it is going to be BIG !!!! considering thousands of people are probably going to attend because of the wide selection of different toys, people who collect ponies, transformers and that magic stuff.... 

yeah there are so many if's ......  that i just dont know anymore and am actually worried.  and i was always one of the ones to say "lets wait and see" well the fact is with this new information you just can not wait anymore

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2017, 02:17:29 PM »
I might be sitting this year's out then.  I'm in limbo with my job situation (I have a stable job but looking for something I can actually live on) which probably won't be resolved until sometime next month and if I get it I'm not sure if I want to ask for a vacation so early.  So, if things are selling out now, I probably won't be about to get anything by the time I know what I can do.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2017, 02:35:54 PM »
I suspect that with Hascon going on at least one if not more hotels have large blocks of rooms reserved for the event. And those have not gone on sale yet. So it's likely that they're not truly 'sold out' yet, we just don't know what hotels might have availability for the convention yet.

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2017, 05:25:04 PM »
the people i spoke to at the hotels asked me point blank if i was going down for the convention and then told me the hotel was sold out. i even asked how can the entire hotel be sold out???? they said they had a ton of reservations already

now of course this is not ALL the hotels in the area but allot of them are very highly priced

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2017, 06:06:09 PM »
I booked a room now just to make sure I have something.  If hotels are announced later on I'll move to one of those.  The hotel is more expensive than we usually spend and I think we're flying instead of driving but there's no way I'm missing it!  And there's still time to put money aside and adjust for what ever the plan may be this year.  I'm actually excited for this.  I think it's going to be fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal