collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: my little pony fair 2017 in September 8-10 in Providence, RI! CONFIRMED  (Read 42332 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
Re: my little pony fair 2017 in September
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2017, 06:22:46 PM »
I might actually be able to go :O My whole family doesn't live too far from there.

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2017, 07:23:01 PM »
Ooh, it's not the same weekend as my SCA camping trip! I guess I'd better put in for that time off now...

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+385)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2017, 07:27:58 PM »
Thanks for the update - I'm out at this point. September is a no go since I have a meeting there and am not allowed to take more time.

Offline cookhuman

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+162)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2017, 10:33:04 PM »
Thanks for the update - I'm out at this point. September is a no go since I have a meeting there and am not allowed to take more time.

Aw, I'll miss seeing you this year, friend! :)  September wouldn't be too bad for me, but hauling two tables/booths worth of ponies to Rhode Island isn't feasible for me either.  I sure hope that Hasbro lets Summer give us an update sometime soon though.   

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2017, 01:47:43 PM »
sadly, even though I have family up in RH I won't be able to go :(

Edit: just looked up the dates and place for Hascon, yep same dates and same city :(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:51:13 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Maddie

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • "Too weird to live, too rare to die"
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2017, 02:07:14 PM »
During the school year would be bad. I cannot take that much time off teaching and of course the distance is almost 25 hours. Doesn't look like it's doable for me.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #261 on: February 16, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »
I love when it's in Rhode Island!  It's likely the closest it will ever be to me, only an 8 hour drive!

Elf

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+591)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #262 on: February 16, 2017, 10:20:45 PM »
Sept is an awful month (end of the fiscal year for hubby), and I'm worried about it being combined with hascon (though we don't have a lot of info on that either), but I've got it marked on the calendar and am already planning a few things to make the 15+ hour drive feasible. I will be there. More than that I can't say without more info
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2017, 08:14:41 AM »
Sadly I won't be able to mAke it this year.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline lovelyjoan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Smoozed Pony
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2017, 12:27:57 PM »
Hopefully we can get some kind of Hotel rate because I'm currently looking at bookings in that area around that time and everything nearly doubled. I can't do 200 something a night  :cry:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »
Hopefully we can get some kind of Hotel rate because I'm currently looking at bookings in that area around that time and everything nearly doubled. I can't do 200 something a night  :cry:

They probably will, but just in case, I've been looking at Hotels.com to get an idea of what I should prepare for.   If you go out 5-10 miles from the convention center, there are several within the $100-150 range.  They may not be fancy, but  they're affordable.   I'm not surprised by a $200 rate for a hotel within walking distance of a convention center.  I plan to go, so I'm going to save as much as a I can, and if the hotel is expensive, maybe stay only 2 nights instead of 3.   

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »
Hmm... It's only about a 7.5 hour drive for me. But it's a terrible time of the year (end of the fiscal year). I'm hoping I can make it but we'll see. It's looking like a lot of the "pony people" I tend to hang out with won't be able to make it this year. But I can take that as an opportunity to make some new friends :)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2017, 02:07:03 PM »
It's looking like a lot of the "pony people" I tend to hang out with won't be able to make it this year.

This is what's making me most sad. There's a chance I might be able make it but if I do end up going it's looking like a lot of the familiar faces I'm used to seeing won't be there :(

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2017, 02:54:59 PM »
....But I can take that as an opportunity to make some new friends :)

Great point!!  If I only went to places I knew people, I would never have gone to my first ponymeet, never have met so many wonderful pony people since then.  I meet new pony people every year  and it's one of the things I look forward to ^.^

While it's been really convenient to have the fair near me and within driving distance the past several years, I'm excited that it's traveling further out.  It brings in new faces, more variety in the vendor hall, and different people looking to buy different things.   When a convention stays in one area, you tend to get a lot of the same old stuff from year to year.   Vendors have a harder time moving items off their tables because most of the buyers have already seen a lot of what they have. Buyers see a lot of the same pony stuff from familiar vendors.   Having the event in this area might help bring in different specials guests, maybe more of them.  Change can be scary, but doesn't have to be bad.     I'm looking forward to having things mixed up a bit. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:30:26 PM by ashlyne »

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2017, 07:24:13 PM »
The friend I brought last year is a teacher, so she's out, and all my other friends are having babies, so it looks like I'll be going solo. So all you people that feel like you won't know anyone, hit me up! I've been 3 years in a row and haven't really talked to hardly anyone,  I'll be the lonely looking Sunset Shimmer, lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal