collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Restoring Blush? Scenting a Purfume Puff?  (Read 702 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Restoring Blush? Scenting a Purfume Puff?
« on: August 12, 2016, 09:59:04 PM »
I'm working on making a bait-ish Merry Treats into a Purfume Puff, and had few questions.

How do you like to apply a blush touch up? Q-tip? Airbrush? Is there a certain color you find matches well? On one side of my Merry Treats, the blush is great, whereas the other has a spot missing in the middle. I would like to match the color and effect close enough to have the sides match and the center not appear to be touched up by me, but I am worried I will have to remove it all to make it look right.

Have you ever scented a yarn rehair/ perfume puff custom? I have scents from Dollyhair that can be applied to doll hair by boiling the hair in water and the oil, but I was not sure how boiling would affect the yarn. Will it fall apart too much to root? Do I need to root it first to prevent that? Will it cause the yarn to fall flat on the pony rather than poof? Should I try to just apply the oil to the yarn directly to prevent boiling issues, or will that causes other issues I am not thinking of?

Any thoughts or experience on the matter would be helpful! Otherwise, I suppose I will be doing a lot of experimentation. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Restoring Blush? Scenting a Purfume Puff?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 12:46:17 PM »
Your best bet for the blush is likely dry soft pastels applied with a soft brush and sealed.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline aintnobuffalo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 06:31:50 PM »
Your best bet for the blush is likely dry soft pastels applied with a soft brush and sealed.

So the technique they use for dolls? Is there a good brand or shade to use to match ponies? Is Testors Dullcoat still a good sealer?

Looks like I'll be doing some experiments with the yarn and sent. I wasn't sure if very much advise would be available on that end.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline aintnobuffalo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 10:04:14 PM »
http://dollyhair.com/fragrances.htm

They do have instructions for boiling, but it doesn't specifically talk about application to yarn. However, I gave it a try, and the instructions work for yarn without any major damage to the yarn. I noticed a bit more fiber loss after the boiling process, but not something that will ruin the look; make sure to have your yarn rooted thick.

I first tried it on brushed yarn and then on unbrushed yarn. While doing the scent application after brushing allows the scent to stay more powerful, I recommend doing it pre-brushing, or it means over brushing the yarn, as you will have to brush it out after drying. It may be that applying a little more scent than recommend would help keep the scent powerful after brushing, if you are looking for that effect.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal