collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What pet names/nick names for boys?  (Read 610 times)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
What pet names/nick names for boys?
« on: August 12, 2016, 06:03:11 AM »
My sister just had her second baby and it's a beautiful little boy!!  :heart:  He's completely gorgeous.  In fact he's the first boy born into our family-- we were all girls, so having a little boy around is quite new and exciting!

My nephew's big sister has lots of nicknames I give her-- I call her my beautiful/gorgeous girl and sweetie usually. I thought deliberately about the nicknames I use-- I picked word that I feel emphasise inner beauty and being a kind person.  (I avoid using princess, as to me it feels a bit stuck-up, and I avoid talking too much about how cute and pretty she is but instead how much I love her and what she's thinking about and doing.)

What pet names do you give a boy?  I'm not a fan of 'buddy', cos I think it's important to teach respect for adults and it's a bit overly familiar, if that makes sense.  I think 'little man' is cute, but it's a mouthful to say.  Of course while he's a baby I'll call him beautiful and gorgeous, but I want some more boyish names that he'll like being called when he gets a little bigger!

What pet names do you give boys in your family?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: What pet names/nick names for boys?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 07:59:18 AM »
Peanut. Peanut seems cute. I called my nephew Bratdownthere until he was like I dunno....8.....Then I moved away and don't get to see him much anymore. He just turned 18 so somehow "Bratdownthere" just doesn't work anymore.....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 02:56:13 PM »
"Big guy" is what I often call my son.  He's five, so he's not really big, but he's bigger than his younger sisters.  :)

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 07:17:13 AM »
Buster, Bub, Big (then first letter of name.  Like, Big T), Champ.  I like bud better than buddy.  Bro, Lil Bro, His initials, Ace.

I'm sure you'll find a few that fit as his personality develops!

Offline Violet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 07:10:59 PM »
I've called two of my five nephews "little man". One of them is still a baby so he's still my little man  ^.^ and one is 13 now and I just call him a special nickname of his name, which is what most of the family calls him too. My other nephews I've always called variations of their actual names. Starting from when they were teeny and still do now, even though they're 21, 18, and 16.  :) Luckily they don't seem to mind!

Bommels

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 12:55:16 AM »
I think "darling" always works and shows that you love and care deeply for a person ^.^ No matter how tiny that person is ;)

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 07:41:38 AM »
I think most nicknames develop over time. That's why so often, people don't remember why they're calling their child "Little Butterfly" etc. or even when they started doing so. When you spend some time with your little nephew, the nickname will come by itself.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal