collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Life status check  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Life status check
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 09:44:45 AM »

1. What is going awesome for you right now?
 My service dog is going to be certified and my daughter is brilliant!  :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :hearts:

2. What is going poorly? (We give hugs)
 I've had too many concussions and I'm tired of the accidents I have due to the damage.  :what:

3. What is a recent challenge you have overcome?
 Figuring out how to fix a problem between my bank and PayPal when I just had a concussion and I'm not even supposed to be walking. I did it though. Gosh darn it. I finally fixed it!  :newpony:

4. What are you looking forward to in the near future?
 School starting so my daughter will have more social time, my dog being official, more naps, and owning a beautiful rapunzel.  :frolic:

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 02:53:43 PM »
I have a very patient, understanding, sweet, and all-around wonderful husband!!  And I'm slimming back to my pre-baby proportions quite nicely.  :good:

Momming.  I'm really not very good at it.   :sad:

Can't think of anything...  (Not that I don't have challenges.  Just no recent overcoming...)  :yikes:

Edit:  OK, I thought of something.  I've partially closed the diastasis rectii (split in the abdominal muscles) that developed during one of my pregnancies.  Still working on completely closing it.   :happy:

My husband being home for the weekend and the arrival of the pony I bought yesterday.   :frolic:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:41:08 PM by NigheanRuadh »

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 07:31:22 PM »

No idea. My finances maybe, I have been working a lot, and I have been able to put good money aside.

Love.

There are too many, but I haven't overcome any, I think. Getting out of bed despite a gnawing headache?

I'm planning to finally visit my friend in Sri Lanka, who I have known since we were 16. But I haven't set a date yet.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 05:30:07 AM »
My boyfriend (whom I've been with for over a year) has FINALLY made a full recovery from a month-long bout of pneumonia.  He's feeling so good now that we can finally go our and see Suicide Squad on Tuesday!  Also, my social anxiety has gotten a ton better and I've be enough able to go out every day, which is huge for me.

Nothing, really...  Boyfriend is still a little weak, but he's better.  Well, my oldest cat, Simba, is growing old and he's looking like he's nearing the end.  I've had him for nearly 13 years and I'm not ready to lose that little snoot. 

Social anxiety.  I had awful problems with that, but it's gotten so much better!  And I've gotten to the point where I can manage my bipolar disorder without medications, which is absolutely huge for me.

Moving!  We're going to a new apartment with better living conditions next summer, and I can hardly wait!  It's got a doggy park, so Ein can run and play and meet new pups and make friends!  Plus, I'll be living next to the bf so I am one happy camper.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 07:27:04 AM »
Having a now 6 month old baby!

Having a now 6 month old baby!  LOL!  It's really not super fun to have an infant.  Although I love her more than anything, little babies are boring, demanding, and fickle.  I miss sleeping.

Loads of family drama.  Deaths (one by violence which continues to be very hard), divorces, putting one grandmother into an assisted facility when she didn't want to go, another grandmother's worsening dementia, stress from my husband's job field being in a massive decline, maternity leave means less money... I guess I'm finding a new normal if that can count as overcoming.

A baby who can crawl and entertain herself a little more!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 07:30:25 AM »
1. What is going awesome for you right now? my salary is about 5X that of the locals, so I am rich by chinese standards. The same salary causes me to be poor in the USA
2. What is going poorly? (We give hugs) My dog is ancient and that is causing much anxiety.  Also the concept that white people BURN in the damn sun is lost on the chinese.
Student: Why are you red?
Me:  -_- Because us white people fry in the sun.

3. What is a recent challenge you have overcome? Uh, I ive in China and can't speak Mandarin
4. What are you looking forward to in the near future? Escaping said communist country and fleeing to Japan  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:36:16 AM by tikibirds »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 09:14:49 AM »
What is going awesome for you right now?
I've made it past probation at the hospital where I work and earned a 1-dollar pay raise as a result (making almost $5 more than the current minimum wage in Ontario)

What is going poorly? (We give hugs)
My anxieties sometimes still get the best of me at work, and I doubt myself and my capabilities of working in a job with a sometimes-crippling neurological disorder. But i'm working on it :)

What is a recent challenge you have overcome?
Moving to a new city and having to uproot my life again for my job. Wouldn't trade it for the world :)

What are you looking forward to in the near future?
I'm moving into my new apartment in October and I get new shelving i've been saving up for so I can get my ponies out of storage bins and back on display (still hasn't stopped me from collecting them. Just means more storage bins to move :P)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 01:51:26 PM »

Music! I discovered Amorphis when they opened for Nightwish last November, and it was instant love. Now I have almost the entire Joutsen Era discography + Tales, and I'm enjoying every second of this obsession. :hearts:

Lots of nerve-racking problems, many critical things going on.  -_-

Not sure if there are any? I have gotten a little bit further with some things, but considering it's nothing for most people and considering that many of my things have gotten worse, I doubt that it counts.

Finding a home. :cry:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 08:40:48 PM »
I'm really getting into a groove with running, and actually enjoying it!

Still haven't managed to find a job relevant to my field, and my finances are really suffering right now. I recently quit a part-time job because I started temping full-time for an old boss during the week, and I was no longer willing to put up with the way the part-time job treats its staff, even though I definitely needed the secondary income. Hoping to find something higher-paying soon, or else that I can figure out a new way to bring in some extra cash here and there.  >_<

I am putting myself back out into the world socially again, and have been on a few dates with a couple different people. I'm not really focusing on dating right now, but occasionally I like to feel less lonely, so it's nice to hang out with someone occasionally.

I've also done a few 5k's! Granted, I am still walking more than running during those, but that's a pretty big deal for me. The last two, though, I did have more frequent and longer running intervals, so I'm pleased that there is at least some improvement happening.

More running! I'm so obsessed with it now. I have quite a few runs that I've registered for, and I am really looking forward to earning the finisher medals and seeing whether I can improve my time any more before the end of the year! I am also hoping to have my bedroom completely tidied by the end of the year, lol. I've let it get too cluttered and it's been this way for too long. It's just too small a space to leave this way any longer.  >_<

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »
My life changed so rapidly over the last year. I can not believe where I'm sitting right now.

I have returned to college, going in the degree I wanted. Three years ago I was (rightfully) rejected, and I completely gave up, knowing that it was right. Then last year two amazing individuals came into my life, and picked me back up and saved me from an eternity of working overnight at Walmart got me trying again. =)

Getting the remainder of my Bachelor's Degree - which isn't exactly what I'm wanting, it's the Master's Degree that I want - will take longer than I wanted. Turns out it would have taken this long either way, though.

I also had to move out and leave my parents and dogs behind. D:

Obviously, I overcame quite a challenge to get back into school. However, life has not been all sunshine and rainbows over the last year. I have had to fight through a number of medical issues. These issues helped me drop drinking pop (or soda, whatever you call it lol), so there is one good thing!

Back to school/music life as opposed to the non-life that I had the past three years. Hope I form somewhat of a social life, too, and maybe do some dating! (Most people in college are too young for me, I know. >.<)

Oooh and Music History I. OMG. Taking this class is somewhat of a 'dream' of mine. I read the section for fun at my last college and it's probably my main area of interest (aside from the history of double reed instruments). I had to keep myself from bursting of excitement in the one session of it I've taken so far, because all of the other students hate it. lol

It's just such a major milestone for me to be taking this class. I truthfully never thought I'd actually see the day.

A professor also mentioned a course she took at another college that might just be PERFECT for me to teach, one on the history of instruments!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:25:50 PM by Harmonie »

|My Collection|

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 03:46:36 PM »
 making stuff to sell at pony con :)
 getting a job :(
 trying to get house viewings i want a new one !!! i don't want to rent any more :(
 moving to a new house and pony con :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 05:35:37 PM »

4. What are you looking forward to in the near future

1. I finally have all my pony lists updated, and did an pony innovatory to catch things up.
2. Side porch needs rebuilding that is gonna be 5K
3. Well getting over some peer abuse, not fun memories of that.
4. The giant yard sale tomorrow, the last big pony hunt of the year.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 08:27:13 PM »
:hug: to everyone!

I am about to go back to school for my teaching degree and, at least so far, everything is moving in the correct direction for that to occur.  I've passed my tests, my interview and I got my class schedule set.  :)

Finances.  School didn't match up with work schedule, so I reluctantly quit my job as a teacher's aide.  Meanwhile, financial aid is stalled.  Therefore, I'm very low on funds and thus very stressed out.  I have estimates, which I'm told to trust, but in the meanwhile I still have bills to pay (including tuition) and no certain date as to when I'll get my finances in order.

Um...  Trying to learn how to drive? 

I *really* hate driving.  I need to learn it but I get absolutely flustered when I'm behind the wheel.  I've taken lessons, taken the test and I still haven't passed.  So, I'm taking lessons again.  I'm determined to succeed.

As long as everything goes to plan, come February I'm going to Disneyworld.  So I'm definitely looking forward to that.  :)

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 07:35:06 AM »
I want to hear how you are doing!

for #1... I would say my band! I sing and play guitar in Crooked Ghost, an art punk/post punk band. We're recording next week! I am very proud of this project. As for #2... Work really sucks right now due to tourist season. Hopefully the crowds will die down soon. And #3... Finding a decent apartment for my little family has been tough, but I'm pretty sure we found just the spot in a freshly renovated basement apartment (no stairs! Which is good for old creaky dog) with a stream running through the yard. And #4... Getting married on Sept 22, the autumn equinox. A dream come true. :)

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2016, 12:08:55 AM »
I passed module 2 test at driving school yay! I also had an awesome weekend with my friends in Finland, visiting Sealife and the famous Linnanmäki amusement park.

I always feel nerveous before a driving lesson on road. Next one is tomorrow and I already feel the nerveous twists inside me :/

Every driving lesson is a challenge for me and every time I finish it, I feel so relieved. Last time I made my instructor nuts with happyness when I did a hard thing right with just first try. Yes, he gets amused easily x)

My firend is going to have a birthday at lasergame again! Whee! I know I am not a kid anymore, but c'mon lasergame rocks!!  :party:
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal