collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about eBay shipping and tracking  (Read 584 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Question about eBay shipping and tracking
« on: August 10, 2016, 05:52:16 PM »
So, I'm in Canada. When you guys ship through eBay, do you always use tracking?  Is it true that you have to for your own safety? Tracking comes automatically in Canada, and I've quoted exact shipping with tracking to the US.  I can only enter 2 shipping options, so I ask everyone elsewhere to message me for a shipping quote.

The problem is people overseas keep using the 'Buy it Now' without messaging me first, and shipping with tracking to Europe is $47ish, even for a baby pony... and then they don't pay, and I have to wait 8 days to relist. I don't mind shipping without tracking to arena folks, but on ebay, it's the only way to protect myself if they claim they never received something, right?

Is there another way? What do you do?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Question about eBay shipping and tracking
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 10:57:34 PM »
I do offer the cheaper First Class International option, which doesn't have (reliable) tracking, but I'm always well-aware that it's a risk. Basically, I feel that the bids / buys from international bidders are enough to offset taking a loss on a couple items due to dishonest bidders or items getting lost in the mail.  (Fortunately I have not had either of those happen yet.  Fingers crossed that they never do!)

For items that I know will go high, I do insist on Priority International Mail.

Some sellers only send by Priority International Mail (or whatever their country's equivalent is) because that is indeed the only way to protect yourself.  But you get a lot less international bids that way.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 05:28:48 AM »
Thanks LadyMoondancer

It was a $160 pony, and this $47 shipping with tracking is the only way to get insurance.  I invoiced the buyer, but I'm not sure if they'll pay.  I really wish people would message me before hand.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 08:04:56 AM »
I do.

Shipping overseas has become such a PITA. I have been burned for not providing tracking in the past. I set all my international shipping auctions to Priority Mail Express flat rate box or envelope with written instructions in the auction for buyers to contact me if they require a different shipping method.

Many have creative solutions for more efficient and cost-effective packaging to bring down the price without sacrificing and they are very specific! I'm always happy to do that. The customers know the ins and outs of how to get ponies successfully delivered within their home country.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal