collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone Else Collect MacFarlane Dragons/HALO Figures?  (Read 1769 times)

clonecommander

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone Else Collect MacFarlane Dragons/HALO Figures?
« on: August 10, 2016, 05:43:20 PM »
I love the MacFarlane dragon figures, but I only have five that are complete. The other four are incomplete or damaged (one has no wings) they came from the local thrift store. But the detail is what I love and the fact that each one is, to me anyway, a piece of art, makes them fun to collect. I'm a sucker for awesome dragons. But I wondered if anyone else here collected the dragons and if so, can I see pictures of the dragons you have? I only have images of the complete dragons, as I am going to customize the ones that are incomplete/damaged.

I will also happily admit that my local Walgreens was clearing out the MacFarlane HALO figures for $3.50, and the last one there was the Master Chief and I figured at that price, he needed a home. So, I bought him and now, he is part of my very odd collection that consists mostly of clones in various scales. He looks sorely out of place, but I could not leave him behind... And here I am now, the happy owner of a MacFarlane HALO figure. The detail is insane as is the articulation, so Master Chief is getting used as reference for a drawing I'm working on of the main character of my HALO/Star Wars AU crossover. (Yes, I'm that crazy).

But here are the images of the dragons that are complete , except for the series 2 Berserker Clan Dragon, and please excuse the unimaginative backgrounds-

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BB-8: (translated) What are you?
Master Chief: That's an odd soccer ball...

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Else Collect MacFarlane Dragons/HALO Figures?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:48:32 AM »
Wow!!! Those dragons look incredible!!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 03:09:49 AM »
o.o I dont... But I think I need to start collecting them. WOW Love those details!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

clonecommander

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 08:05:45 AM »
The MacFarlane Dragons stopped be made in 2008-2009 I think, so the best way to find them is either thrift stores, antique shops and sadly EBay. Oh, @True, they are a blast to collect, but do research on prices before buying them. I did that and got a sweet deal at the local antique shop that shaved roughly $20 off the group of four dragons.

The companies' HALO figures, however can still be found in stores, but the I've only seen the Master Chief at my local Walgreens. Then again, I don't look for them, so who knows.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »
Those dragons are gorgeous!! Now I'm curious as to if the ones I've been seeing at the antique mall are macfarlane..
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 12:17:02 PM »
Those dragons are super neat! I had no idea they existed. I've been on the lookout for killer dragons to pair with some Game of Thrones figures, and those may fit the bill nicely.

My boyfriend loves to collect the Halo figures, although he doesn't really take his out of their boxes. But he did get a huge lot at a flea market for a couple bucks, and they were all loose. A whole bunch of the older figures, with Spartans, enemies and stuff. I do have one figure of my own, Kat. I also used to have Operative Dare loose, but she vanished. I liked her the most, because she wasn't as bulky as the Spartans.

Here's my Kat. She was my first attempt at repainting a figure, so her face is a little..."painterly", lol.

clonecommander

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 04:49:38 PM »
Those dragons are super neat! I had no idea they existed. I've been on the lookout for killer dragons to pair with some Game of Thrones figures, and those may fit the bill nicely.

My boyfriend loves to collect the Halo figures, although he doesn't really take his out of their boxes. But he did get a huge lot at a flea market for a couple bucks, and they were all loose. A whole bunch of the older figures, with Spartans, enemies and stuff. I do have one figure of my own, Kat. I also used to have Operative Dare loose, but she vanished. I liked her the most, because she wasn't as bulky as the Spartans.

Here's my Kat. She was my first attempt at repainting a figure, so her face is a little..."painterly", lol.

Actually, that face is not as bad as you think!

If you want I can direct you towards to my thread in the Arts& Crafts Corral, you'll see the pencils that the Master Chief has been (grudgingly) posing for.  I am trying to write a full-on HALO/Star Wars AU crossover. I'd explain the whole thing, but you'd get really bored. LOL But I found a helmet that belonged to another Spartan, can't remember the fellow's name at this time, but all I have is his helmet...poor guy.

Glad everyone loves the dragons, though what is there not to love?

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 01:31:49 PM »
You forgot to mention they take up a bit of real estate on your shelves imp.  But they are awesome looking.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 06:37:36 PM »
I actually just found your Art thread, the drawings are dope! That's a neat idea, a Halo and Star Wars crossover...I'd never have thought of it, but it makes total sense. Unfortunately I've only seen Halo played, so I'd probably be a little lost, haha.

It sucks for the poor guy running around helmetless though! Are you planning on doing anything with the head?

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 07:29:54 PM »
You found a great deal on him. As he is pretty much sold out most places and sells well on eBay.

Master Chief also know as John 117 the main protagonist of the Halo universe. He is the leader of blue squad and without him there would be no Halo series. There are 3 other members left besides Chief there is Kelly-087, Linda-058 and Frederic-104. 

If you plan to write a fanfiction with him or any of the Halo universe please do research of it. I'm sure you will. I just know that as welcoming as the Halo fans are they can be brutal when it comes to how Chief and blue team are used in other stories.

Good luck.

clonecommander

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 07:17:20 AM »
I actually just found your Art thread, the drawings are dope! That's a neat idea, a Halo and Star Wars crossover...I'd never have thought of it, but it makes total sense. Unfortunately I've only seen Halo played, so I'd probably be a little lost, haha.

It sucks for the poor guy running around helmetless though! Are you planning on doing anything with the head?

I was planning on creating an OOAK figure of Alaska from my HALO/Star Wars crossover, but I'd have to hack apart Star Wars figures for the joints.... and the armor is soooo detailed, I'd lose my mind sculpting. If I have a mind left.

Post Merge: August 13, 2016, 07:24:44 AM

You found a great deal on him. As he is pretty much sold out most places and sells well on eBay.

Master Chief also know as John 117 the main protagonist of the Halo universe. He is the leader of blue squad and without him there would be no Halo series. There are 3 other members left besides Chief there is Kelly-087, Linda-058 and Frederic-104. 

If you plan to write a fanfiction with him or any of the Halo universe please do research of it. I'm sure you will. I just know that as welcoming as the Halo fans are they can be brutal when it comes to how Chief and blue team are used in other stories.

Good luck.

I actually have a co-worker who is really into HALO helping me as an 'editor'. I have the worst case of writers block, and strangely, as the Master Chief says so little, he is pretty easy to write. It is getting the plot sorted out that is a pain. Being the main character is actually not the Master Chief, it's Alaska, I might have saved myself some headaches (though I think I might be wrong). Hey, SwordPony, if you want to get a sneak-peek at the art behind Alaska's character, I have an art thread going and need a little feedback on the drawing that is still in the rough pencils stage.

I was originally going to try and repaint the Master Chief figure to look like Alaska, but he seems much better off the way he is.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:24:44 AM by clonecommander »

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 11:25:44 AM »
That's awesome that you have someone who is versed in Halo universe. I've been a Halo fan for a very long time. Master Chief is one of the most liked characters and one of the most recognizable playable characters in gaming right now.

I'll head over to art when I get home and have a look.

clonecommander

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 12:48:47 PM »
That's awesome that you have someone who is versed in Halo universe. I've been a Halo fan for a very long time. Master Chief is one of the most liked characters and one of the most recognizable playable characters in gaming right now.

I'll head over to art when I get home and have a look.

Thanks!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 09:25:47 AM »
I love the McFarlane dragons, I pick them up if I see them thrifting but I usually just resell rather than keep.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

clonecommander

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 11:17:47 AM »
I love the McFarlane dragons, I pick them up if I see them thrifting but I usually just resell rather than keep.
I rarely see the dragons when out thrift store searching, but the few I have gotten from said thrifts are incomplete or damaged, save for one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal