collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The back of backcards  (Read 5976 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: The back of backcards
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2016, 10:35:44 AM »
I finally sorted out pictures of my Starshine backcards!

Italy Starshine and double language card
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Horizontal HK Starshine

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Priggipopoula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Moondancer is the best pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2016, 01:59:08 PM »
Oh awesome cards everybody !!
I could share an italian ponys card with german writing, but the same card has already been posted with spanish writing I think. So not too special :P

Please share them :) there may be other difference ^.^

I found a thread with pictures Mexican Newborn Twins MIB :bigups:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,341985.15.html

Love pkw xxx

Oh my!!! they look so cute!!!!
Moondancer is a mischevous unicorn who loves to surprise ponies!

[Avatar made by my friend Abi-Sua! https://www.facebook.com/sugarshoot/?fref=ts ]

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2016, 03:10:57 PM »
I knew you'd like them :D

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2016, 05:44:52 PM »
I;m sorry if digging this thread up again was a bad thing to do, but I've recently come across some weird card features relating to the 2nd set of Rainbows.

I have a Spanish Pinwheel which has the same kind of card as the Italian set that includes Parasol with year 3 hair...

And someone sent me some images of a very similar card but with one major difference - Flutterbye is on one and Starflower on the other.

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/1985_rainbowponies.htm

I have front pictures of these here, I can't really post the back pictures without permission of the owner of these ponies (Flutterbye and the other Pinwheel) but the back of my Pinwheel's card looks like this:

My Parasol (Italy) card matches. I've seen this card in Spanish and in German, although the stream on the front of the German card is not the same as the stream on the Spanish one.

The second type of card is almost the same as this, mostly same ponies in same positions, but there isn't a stream on the front of the image (see page link) and the back has Moonstone instead of Starflower and Flutterbye instead of Parasol (but in the same walking pose, with wings). I've seen this card in English and in French.

I'd be curious to know if anyone knows anything about these, ESPECIALLY the release of the Flutterbye card in English.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2016, 12:38:58 PM »
I don't mind you digging up this thread :)

I think I might be able to help. It would seem there are indeed two backcards for the Spanish rainbows :) this is because the ponies were released in two sets. One with Moonstone instead of Starflower and the second set with Parasol instead of Flutterbye.

Set 1. Tickle, Flutterbye, Moonstone, Confetti, Pinwheel and Trickles

Set 2. Tickle, Parasol, Starflower, Confetti, Pinwheel and Trickles

You can see pictures of both back cards in the nirvana gallery:

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=228069

I *think* the Italy made ponies sold on German cards has a similar release pattern from looking at their cards (the front at least). I have yet to see the back of one of these cards to confirm my theory.

Italy Parasol on German language card:

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=397098

It matches the art work on the Spanish card:

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=472666

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 12:47:47 PM »
That makes some sense, this is the same card back as the Flutterbye-version card in French and in English that I was sent images of:

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=472406

That's obviously Spanish and not the same as my Pinwheel's card. And there are 2 versions of a lot of these ponies too, I know, with the glitter/non-glitter symbols.

My German parasol's card has Starflower and Parasol (obviously) on the back, no Flutterbye. Art is more or less same as the Spanish except when I compare the front the stream is slightly different.

I am most curious about the English language one since we didn't get Flutterbye or this set. The owner said she got it from Australia, so maybe from there...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
There is also Spain stamped vs. NC stamped, along side the glitter vs. metallic symbols. I vaguely remember trying to find a pattern between those things and failing.

What is the information on the back of the card? I know at least some of my back cards say "made in XXXX for sale in XXXX". I am thinking if you had that information you wouldn't be asking :P

I've been thinking about Flutterbye too and the conclusion I keep ending up with is that she was destined for sale in Scandinavia, South Africa or Australia. This is already mentioned on your website.

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2017, 03:09:49 PM »
Well, I am mostly working from photos. Even with my own ponies as they are away in the cupboard and not immediately accessible. I admit I haven't looked, although I think it does say Hecho en Espana on the back of my Pinwheel card. I will look at that when I have a chance since backcards always make me interested :) Especially the gazillion European variations of them in 1985-7.

Thanks for your help, as ever :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2017, 03:23:07 PM »
:hug: I do try and help, even if it's a tiny thing.

I have done some reading tonight and all Spain and NC ponies were made in Valencia, Spain. I think it would still be worth checking them just in case though :)

In the mean time here is the back of Peru Starshines card ^.^

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2017, 03:31:56 PM »
My Spanish is so horrible so someone correct me, but the Peruvian card seems quite generic? Are all Peruvian cards with the same paragraph?

Spoiler
My Little Pony

In a pretty land, on the other side of the Rainbow, there can be found a place full of fantastical, lively and happy characters. You have encountered the world of My Little Pony, where life is full of light and bright colours, represented by a wide family of little ponies; each of which are decorated with a symbol that corresponds to their name. They are sold separately, collect them all.

(If I'm wrong do correct me >.>)

I ask because one thing I do remember is that my Spanish Pinwheel has a proper story that's her own and so clearly stories didn't travel, even when card art did..?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »
Peru Parasol has the exactly the same story on her back card, so it is generic.

You Spanish is much better than mine!

Love pkw xxx

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2017, 03:58:40 PM »
I have a Flutterby moc originated from Sweden (I'm the third owner since she was purchased here in the toy store). We got both the American second release rainbows with the reissue of 4 the first characters + the standing card with the second release rainbows (with a little time span in between).

I haven't concluded if we ever had skydancer and sunlight here in Sweden, but otherwise it looks like we had the full cake. :)
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2017, 04:08:38 PM »
I have a Flutterby moc originated from Sweden (I'm the third owner since she was purchased here in the toy store). We got both the American second release rainbows with the reissue of 4 the first characters + the standing card with the second release rainbows (with a little time span in between).

I haven't concluded if we ever had skydancer and sunlight here in Sweden, but otherwise it looks like we had the full cake. :)

So wait a minute. You got the US release and the card with the UK artwork, while the UK got nothing? Hasbro genuinely hated us here, didn't they? ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2017, 04:15:08 PM »

So wait a minute. You got the US release and the card with the UK artwork, while the UK got nothing? Hasbro genuinely hated us here, didn't they? ;)

But we missed out on the  TE ponies, we just got loads of rainbows as a compensation, and Fizzy was my all time favorite growing up while watching The Movie over and over.. I had a hard and unjust childhood too!! ;)
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2017, 04:17:32 PM »

But we missed out on the  TE ponies, we just got loads of rainbows as a compensation, and Fizzy was my all time favorite growing up while watching The Movie over and over.. I had a hard and unjust childhood too!! ;)

They just hated Europe in general, but I still feel you got the better deal ;) We only had 2/3 of the TE ponies, and none of the pretty 2nd year Rainbows, Pegasi and Unicorns that were all over our comics...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal