collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is Aliexpress trustworthy?  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Is Aliexpress trustworthy?
« on: August 03, 2016, 10:20:58 PM »
A couple weeks ago, I was pondering whether or not I should get a pony from there, but what threw me off was that when I was close to purchasing there was absolutely no paypal option!  :blink: of course I backed out because I don't trust putting in my card information into a shopping site of any kind, but has anyone has the guts to do this on Ali? And did anything bad happen? Thank you for your answers  :)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Emlun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is Aliexpress trustworthy?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:50:29 PM »
I shop through Ali and I've never had a problem :) I was reluctant about it in the beginning as well, but it turned out well for me. What I  noticed is that it takes usually longer for them to ship out the packets than on eBay (talking about  Chinese sellers)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 11:29:20 PM »
We've used Aliexpress a few times and its completely fine. We've never had a single problem.

Apparently Aliexpress is very big in some sports fandoms for having high quality jerseys so tons of people buy them there. We've never heard of any issues that way either (aside from the obvious "you're buying cheap goods from China" issues one should expect to possibly find when you buy stuff like this).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 02:55:33 AM »
I haven't had any trouble with the PMT system there. I love getting fake nendos from there.  :lol: (I know, I'm cheap.)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 06:10:04 AM »
It's like eBay in that it's a hub for individual companies and sellers. So it's only as trustworthy as the individual seller. Check feedback and all the sellers I have used are eager to communicate both before and after the sale. I've placed a lot of orders on Aliexpress with probably 85% satisfaction, mostly clothes, shoes and jewelry. I always request more detailed photos and "real" photos from the seller before placing an order.

If something is wrong with your order, you can open a case directly with Aliexpress because they own Alipay, their payment processor. I have read complaints that they favor the seller, but I have gotten a refund or partial refund on the probably ten cases I've opened. I have only had one item that wasn't received at all. Most items were the expected quality. A few surpassed my expectations. A handful were far less quality than expected based on the photos, descriptions and feedback; those are the items I filed cases for.

The thing is, sellers will often agree to a return if you ship the item back, but the cost of shipping to China usually exceeds the original cost of the item. You can request a refund without returning an item but you really have to push sellers to do that. You can usually get a partial refund and keep the item so as not to pay the shipping back.

But yes, the site itself is legit. I have had no fraudulent charges. it is a subsidiary of Alibaba.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 08:12:27 AM »
I have placed 2 orders--first was great, easy peasy, the second one,  Aliexpress cancelled the order because the seller was a fraud. So, I was bummed that I wasn't getting Tsum Tsums, but, I actually wasn't getting them anyway,  and Aliexpress was on top of things and refunded my money before I knew what was happening LOL.

NoelVS

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »
I think is safe and you can find thinks cheaper than ebay. I've place more than 20 orders with no problem, but I usualy order cheap things

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal