collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problems with Tak and Pierlala  (Read 19357 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: Problems with Tak and Pierlala
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2016, 06:54:49 AM »
So what about the ponies Pierlala sent in trade to Tak?

She sent them in exchange for shipping. I wasn't comfortable shipping without tracking and that can get spendy overseas. She was trying to sell the ponies for rapunzel funds anyway.

Post Merge: August 03, 2016, 09:52:26 AM

Very well said hathorcat. 

Makes perfect sense Tak! *hugs*

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2016, 08:23:09 AM »
Nella, I haven't had much interaction with you... I believe it was just that you didn't take PayPal? :/ my memory is not perfect. I didn't intentionally push pierlala to buy. She had asked if there was any way the seller could hold the pony because she wanted it, but wouldn't get paid for roughly ten days. I hope she didn't feel pressured and did ask if she was sure before I made the payment. I'm not feeling like a victim of anything other than my own choices. I tried to encourage pierlala to tell her side honestly and to stay. Take a break if she needed to, but that she certainly didn't need to leave.

I take responsibility for the whole mess. My fault. At least I learned some things that I have to do differently if I ever try to be a go between in the future.
When you PM'd me that was when I was new to this forum and yes, without Paypal. I hadn't transfered money to or from non-EU countries before so never needed it. Your memory is very good :).

I hope that Pierlala will come back too. No need to go away, but I can understand that she feels attacked / not trusted.
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2016, 10:41:48 AM »
Nella, I haven't had much interaction with you... I believe it was just that you didn't take PayPal? :/ my memory is not perfect. I didn't intentionally push pierlala to buy. She had asked if there was any way the seller could hold the pony because she wanted it, but wouldn't get paid for roughly ten days. I hope she didn't feel pressured and did ask if she was sure before I made the payment. I'm not feeling like a victim of anything other than my own choices. I tried to encourage pierlala to tell her side honestly and to stay. Take a break if she needed to, but that she certainly didn't need to leave.

I take responsibility for the whole mess. My fault. At least I learned some things that I have to do differently if I ever try to be a go between in the future.
When you PM'd me that was when I was new to this forum and yes, without Paypal. I hadn't transfered money to or from non-EU countries before so never needed it. Your memory is very good :).

I hope that Pierlala will come back too. No need to go away, but I can understand that she feels attacked / not trusted.

I can understand, too. I tried to present her side. <sigh> It just got so messy. :(

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »
I don't think it was the actual sale that caused the problems so much as it was an inexperienced buyer with a very expensive pony.

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2016, 05:52:01 AM »
FF,
Especially since she is a Rapunzel, I had and still have no idea if her hair is perfect. The woman I originally purchased her from had this in eBay listing:

Hair: All plugs are present. Her tinsel gets a little wild but it is not too crinkly. I do not think she has a hair cut as the ends of her hair have a factory appearance. Her curls are a little tight right now. I included a picture of her all wet when I was shampooing her so you can see the length. She does have some dryness and frizz.

(Original listing from which I PM purchased: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-G1-My-Little-Pony-Mail-Order-Offer-Rapunzel-Gorgeous-/322060375525?cp=1&euid=4b0fc9bc178e47eeabafc34e79ded635&nma=true&si=Bni0yjq50JCtqggGiisy5yhZYlc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557)

Just out of personal curiosity...  DrEsmeRose, when you put Rapunzel up for sale,  did you mention anything at all about Rapunzel's mane looking like it may not be right?  Looks like the seller you got her from mentioned it possibly being a factory flaw of some sort, but did you pass along that information to your potential buyers?   Kudos if you did :)  and even if you didn't, it's still up to the buyer to catch those kinds of things.   At a $800-900 price (basically her value in mint condition), any minor quirks like that should be brought to the buyers attention, especially when they could be overlooked by hair that's curly or flipping in different directions.  I've been a very long time collector, and I have to admit, I don't think I would've caught it without measuring my own Rapunzel's hair :/   

Ultimately it was Tak's responsibility to ask about any flaws, but I can see why she assumed there weren't any at that asking price and the way the hair is flipped.  If you didn't mention there *might* be a flaw, it would be helpful if you did in future sales to help avoid a situation like this ;) If you did mention it, you did all you could.   I think we can all learn some lessons here in selling and buying!

My original transcript between Tak and myself is about halfway down on page one. I didn't think to include the original eBay listing at the time, and the only Rapunzel I had ever seen in person was my own. Therefore, the pictures represented the what flaws I recognized as a normal pony lover (cheek marks, hoof scuff, ect). I had no idea at any point that there was in any way the potential that the Rapunzel's hair had been altered. Therefore, I did my best to disclose what I saw, and I will do my best to better list out any flaws to future buyers. When I sold Rapunzel at the time, I was under the impression Tak was looking for herself and wanted to get her hands on one in pretty good condition for her personal collection, so I offered her at the same price I paid for her, and we made a deal. 
Wanted: All the ponies!
Mostly Piggies :P

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2016, 06:49:14 AM »
The eBay auction said the hair looked like factory length and that the tinsel was crinkly. I didn't see anything about factory flaws

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2016, 07:01:36 AM »
The eBay auction said the hair looked like factory length and that the tinsel was crinkly. I didn't see anything about factory flaws

Not factory length,  factory ends.  " I do not think she has a hair cut as the ends of her hair have a factory appearance."   There's a difference, but it's a very vague one  ;)   To me, it made me think the ebay seller only checked to see if the ends were blunt, as handcut hair tends to be, not necessarily checked the length against what it's supposed to be.  But it's probably how you read into it.   Thanks DrEsmeRose for clarifying.  Her mane length is a hard thing to spot, with it being curly and not having a mint one to compare it to. 

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »
Either way, DrEsme's pictures were good. No fault on her part.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2016, 11:27:18 AM »
I think it would be so hard for me to sell this particular pony and know what flaws there might be with her mainly because, I have never seen one in person.  I would also not know for sure what I needed to look for if I was going to buy one.  Honestly, this is like a pony that probably if you have one...you should ask the forum about its condition prior to selling for sure.  Not all buyers know everything about all these harder to find ponies.  You would not even know what to ask for.  I think these are issues that are tough to say.  It is important for a seller to do all research before listing, but its also important for a buyer to know everything they can before buying.  I think this is just awful.  I am sorry Tak that in an effort to be so kind and thoughtful you have ended up in this situation.  It was so nice of you to try to find a pony for someone.  Hugs to you and your pony heart.  You did such a nice thing and honestly, who knew it would end up being a flawed pony.  I can't say I blame someone for not wanting to keep a flawed pony, but with that in mind before I spent that much money I certainly would find out if what I was buying was exactly what I wanted for that kind of cash so I didn't purchase an item that was not what I thought it was. It doesn't seem that the seller intentionally mean to sell a flawed pony.  The fact there were so many involved in the process and so much went on.  I guess I just kind of feel for everyone.  :huh:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:30:27 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Starflower Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
The Happy End
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2016, 03:24:55 PM »
Sorry to bump but I wanted any future readers of this thread to see this.

Rapunzel is with me. I bought her from Tak who is wonderful, caring, and didn't deserve the mess she got into. I worked very hard to sell off things I didn't need and all the pieces fell into place so quickly and so perfectly that it was obviously meant to be.

I have wanted Rapunzel since I was a teenager, I had the form all filled out, but family situations prevented me from ever having the money to mail it in. I won an auction in the early 2000's for a Rapunzel at $200. The seller refused to sell her to me. I've been outbid for years as her price climbed higher and higher into "I'll never afford this" territory. I absolutely never thought I'd find someone willing to let me send payments nor did I think I had that much in stuff I didn't want lying around to sell.

So don't worry about this Rapunzel any longer  :)  Her possible hair trim means little to me, she is on my shelf and I've crossed an item off my bucket list. She has found her forever fairy tale home and happily ever after.

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2016, 12:39:45 AM »
Aww I'm so happy Rapunzel has found her forever home! Congratulations Starflower Mint! That's awesome! ^.^

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2016, 05:45:38 AM »
What a great ending to this story! Congrats on your new pony!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2016, 08:17:16 AM »
I am glad there was a happy ending to this story after all!  I guess with Rapunzel, we hope for a Happily Ever After, right?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal