collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problems with Tak and Pierlala  (Read 19188 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Problems with Tak and Pierlala
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 09:36:26 AM »
Wow, Tak blocked DrEsmeRose? That really sends up red flags for me. This sounds like buyer's remorse because the price was so much higher than expected to me. The customs fees were mentioned quite a lot. Weren't they even brought up in the brag post?

Edit: Yes, the fees were the second thing mentioned, specifically that it was more than she could afford. It sounds to me like it really was too much.
OMG I still can't believe it. After so much waiting and researching what happened to her, paying loads of extra money that I couldn't afford...she's finally here!

No where was it claimed Punzie is perfect and has no small flaws. When you're buying an $800 pony, that's something you need to ask about if such things would be a big deal to you. Tak and Pierlala should have been honest with you, but at the very least they should have had Tak ask for more info or had Tak check the pony thoroughly before saying all was well and shipping her off.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:53:27 AM by Taxel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 09:41:19 AM »
Thanks, your original shots are perfect.

Abbreviated Facebook Chat Log:

July 5th:
Dr: Hello I have Rapunzel I would be willing to consider selling. She is in very good condition
Tak: Can you send some pics?
Dr: Yep
Tak: Thanks
Dr: (see photos below)
Tak: She looks great. How much did you want for her?
Dr: Was hoping closer to $900 Including shipping of course
Tak: I have to double check my funds. I'll get back to you asap.
Dr: Ok. Let me know what you can do (:
Tak:  I can probably get $820.
Dr: That is perfect!

July 6th:
Dr: Will be in the mail soon (accompanied with photos of USPS Receipt and Addressed box)
Tak: Thank you!

July 9th:
Tak: She arrived and is perfect. :) thank you so much!
Dr: *Thumbs Up*

Photos:

My *thumbs up*, was the end of our Facebook messaging. After that it was radio silence and she banned/blocked me on Facebook. I did not receive any correspondence until I was notified of the PayPal claim. 

Ok, that second photo very clearly shows the braid and hair to look the same length as the other photos I have seen of this Rapunzel (the hairstyling thread/Brag post). I can make it out in the first pic as well. but yeah, that second one is super clear. Not like you had the hair brushed behind the body, or used super harsh angles.

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 09:44:22 AM »
FF,
Especially since she is a Rapunzel, I had and still have no idea if her hair is perfect. The woman I originally purchased her from had this in eBay listing:

Hair: All plugs are present. Her tinsel gets a little wild but it is not too crinkly. I do not think she has a hair cut as the ends of her hair have a factory appearance. Her curls are a little tight right now. I included a picture of her all wet when I was shampooing her so you can see the length. She does have some dryness and frizz.

(Original listing from which I PM purchased: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-G1-My-Little-Pony-Mail-Order-Offer-Rapunzel-Gorgeous-/322060375525?cp=1&euid=4b0fc9bc178e47eeabafc34e79ded635&nma=true&si=Bni0yjq50JCtqggGiisy5yhZYlc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557)
Wanted: All the ponies!
Mostly Piggies :P

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 10:00:47 AM »
The things that bother me the most is at no time did tak mention this purchase was for someone else. She represented that she was buying the pony for herself. And when her "buyer" wasn't happen she didn't communicate but blocked DrEsmeRose.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »
The things that bother me the most is at no time did tak mention this purchase was for someone else. She represented that she was buying the pony for herself. And when her "buyer" wasn't happen she didn't communicate but blocked DrEsmeRose.

Me too...
How misleading is it to be told that an item is perfect, but then be blindsided by a PP case.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »

Me too...
How misleading is it to be told that an item is perfect, but then be blindsided by a PP case.

That is what caught me off guard. I usually try my best to work with all my buyers.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 10:28:17 AM »
There is another issue here as well.

Newer collectors may not realize this, but - If you buy an item, and then MODIFY it- it's now YOURS.  If you buy something and considering a return, don't do anything. inspect it, of course. if a stray mark is present at most give that spot a gentle wipe with a clean damp (water only) microfiber patting it dry after. but no baths, no scrubbing, no brushing hair, no styling, no using cleaning/grooming products. leave anything else to when you commit to keeping the item.

Since received by Pierlala the hair was washed and restyled more then once. Any time you restyle hair or use any kind of product on a pony it alters the condition it was received/sold in. combing and brushing can easily cause damage (tinsel is delicate too! I have seen people damage it further with brushing/recurling/straightening). and water + pony can leave some still inside.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 11:49:07 AM »
I would like to say that this has been resolved between DrEsmeRose and myself. PayPal was removed from the situation and at this point in time I'm the only one who can be taken advantage of. I know DrEsmeRose won't. I also know for the future that I will not be a go between without intimate knowledge of the involved parties. Please know that I never meant any ill to DrEsmeRose. I'm a techno dinosaur and my attempts at contact, which started when pierlala started asking about haircuts, were unsuccessful. I'm not sure why because, quite frankly, I suck with computers. I hope that this will not effect my ability to purchase lovely ponies from everyone. I should have disclosed the fact that the pony was not for me. Live and learn. Please allow me a chance to prove myself before you write me off.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »
I hope the mods can help out with this because it seems like a very convoluted situation where someone is going to feel unsatisfied... :( 

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
Tak- Is Pierlala expecting a refund from you now? This is SUCH a messed up situation

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 12:30:42 PM »
Tak: No hard feelings on your part, I feel that Pierlala is the one at fault for this. She should have gone directly through me. As they say, don't shoot the messenger.

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 12:36:58 PM »
Pierlala got her refund, DrEsmeRose gets paid what she deserves as the pictures were viewed by all BEFORE any deal was finalized. I have let a mod know what is going on. It was my mistake and I'll be paying for it. It's ok.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 12:38:53 PM »
Pierlala got her refund, DrEsmeRose gets paid what she deserves as the pictures were viewed by all BEFORE any deal was finalized. I have let a mod know what is going on. It was my mistake and I'll be paying for it. It's ok.

That isn't okay at all.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 12:45:14 PM »

No it is not okay.  You should not be caught up in this AT ALL; you were trying to do someone a favor and now it appears that you are stuck with the fees, charges, hassle and inconvenience....  I hope a mod can help! :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »
As long as I get to keep my pony friends in this group, I'm happy. I've been through so much worse than anything money can cause. I'll just have a couple slim years.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal