collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problems with Tak and Pierlala  (Read 19383 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Tak and Pierlala
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2016, 04:30:09 PM »
That's why I hate selling. I like trades. I'm avoiding conflict. I would rather eat the cost than take the stress. It literally makes me pass out. I will never let my daughter go without. She's actually rather spoiled, so don't fear for her. My pup is not expensive with the exception of possible emergency situations.

I guess I'm saying that, for me, it's done. I don't have the health to worry on it.

Post Merge: August 02, 2016, 04:32:34 PM

I have to add. Since when is life fair?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:32:34 PM by Tak »

Schitterboogje

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
Dear Tak,   even with trades you can end up with issues..  there can always be someone who is not happy with their end of a trade too (whatever the reason is). 
In this situation Pierlala is really unfair by letting you pay for HER pony so she can buy another one of Ebay.  You say she's your friend but a friend would never put you in this situation.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »
I feel that it should be noted that pierlala didn't ask me to look for her. It was a surprise.

Can you clarify this?

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »
What a sickening situation. That person is in no way your friend, ok?

May I ask, what happens if Tak is now the one being forced to pay the import tax on Rapunzel coming back to the states???

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2016, 04:41:55 PM »
Tak, Pierlala isn't a friend worth keeping if she won't help you with the situation she caused. It's absolutely not on you to eat this cost. What if you run into another emergency and really need that money? This whole situation isn't right at all.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:44:16 PM by ebmerc »

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2016, 04:46:22 PM »
May I ask, what happens if Tak is now the one being forced to pay the import tax on Rapunzel coming back to the states???
Fortunately incoming packages to the US are rarely ever taxed... I wouldn't say "never taxed", but it's pretty rare for a package going to an individual (not a business) to be held for customs taxes.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »
I don't want to sound rude, but there are friends and there are "friends". I don't consider many people to truly be my friend. Pierlala doesn't know me. She didn't ask me to look for a pony for her. I just saw she wanted one and decided to help find one. She was blindsided by my message with pictures of one to buy. The I've never been charged an import fee, but the pony isn't being returned to me so I'll deal with that when it comes. If we have an emergency. We will get through it. We have home, food, clothing, medical, and entertainment. Many don't. We'll be ok.

Offline sweetbubbles

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Moondancer Paradise
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2016, 05:39:49 PM »
I don't want to sound rude, but there are friends and there are "friends". I don't consider many people to truly be my friend. Pierlala doesn't know me. She didn't ask me to look for a pony for her. I just saw she wanted one and decided to help find one. She was blindsided by my message with pictures of one to buy. The I've never been charged an import fee, but the pony isn't being returned to me so I'll deal with that when it comes. If we have an emergency. We will get through it. We have home, food, clothing, medical, and entertainment. Many don't. We'll be ok.

Tak sweetheart you are really to good for the world , wanna give you a sper huge big hug babe
don't stress out I believe it will all be good in end
:newpony: Sweetbubbles   :lovey:

My wantlist is here:
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=367105.new#new

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »
What happened to Tak is horrifically wrong, but if she doesn't want to deal with the stress, that's her call.  I've eaten my fair share of bad transactions because the stress of chasing someone and the drama involved was just too much for me to deal with at the time.  I've never eaten $800 worth of pony, but I can understand not wanting to deal with this stuff anymore.  It's exhausting, and it can take months to sort out, and that's even if it doesn't turn ugly.   And sometimes you end up with nothing at the end of it all anyway.  It's not fair, but sometimes the money is the lesser problem.  I sincerely hope Tak gets her money back, and I hope all this comes to a good and quick end. 

*edit to add*
In light of the new information, I do not believe Pierlala deserves to be considered a scammer or a bad trader.  I hope the community doesn't label her as such.
*end edit*

To Tak: I'm sincerely sorry you're going through this.  I hope everything turns out ok for you, and that you take care of yourself.  Collecting should be fun, not a source of stress.  It's always really hard when something that's supposed to make you happy makes you crazy instead, but you're not alone in this. 

To DrEsmeRose: I'm sorry you've been caught up in this mess too.  I hope this all works out for everyone involved, and that Pierlala makes things right for everyone. 

Good luck to both of you!

*Edit to add*
With the new information, this does not look like a case of a buyer taking advantage of a middleman. To Pierlala - I hope this works out ok for you as well. I've never seen a transaction this disfunctional, and I wish everyone involved good luck as you try to unsnarl this mess.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:57:33 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »
What bothers me most is that we haven't heard from Pierlala at all throughout this whole mess.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2016, 06:26:49 PM »
I noticed a lot of people saying they want to hear Pierlala's side or are upset that she hasn't commented. My understanding that Pierlala lives in the Netherlands (I might be wrong, I've never spoken with Pierlala). But it is something like 2am over there right now. She is likely asleep and may not even know this thread exists. It's best to have a little patience and understanding when it comes to time zones and response times.

That being said, I really hope everything works out for the better for everyone involved.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2016, 07:19:08 PM »
For those of you who don't want to switch threads, here is what Pierlala posted:

I just read the thread "Problems with Tak and Pierlala". I am actually quite upset by the things that are being said there. I know that most of you have a very bad picture of me now. I will try to explaij from my point of view what happened here. I don't think it's going to make much of a difference but I feel it's something I have to do.

As you all know, I have been looking for a Rapunzel for a few months now. One good day Tak approached me with a message that she had found a seller. However, the seller wanted 900 follars for her. I at the time only had 700 to spare as you can read in my thread (which I updated whenever I got more to spend in hopes to obtain a Rapunzel).

Tak said to me that the seller might go a bit lower if she speaks to her. Eventually Tak told me that the seller agreed to 800 dollars. I told Tak that I couldn't afford that either. Because at the time it was still early in the month and I always get my money around the 20th. So I asked Tak if she couod ask the seller if it was possible to wait untill that date. But before I knew it, Tak messaged me saying something along the lines of "It's for certain, I just paid the 800". I was surprised and happy that Tak was actually kind enough and trustful towards me. So I sent Tak the 700 I had first and I had to wait untill my money came to be able to send her the 100 dollar + shipping and ensurance. Tak came with the idea that instead of paying so much shipping, we would do a partial trade instead. She picked out some Ponies from my G3 collection. That was I had only about 24 dollars left to pay her + the 100.

Tak was also kind enough to send Rapunzel to me even before the Paypal transaction was complete (Paypal takes a few days to complete the transaction). So I waited and after about a week I received a letter that Rapunzel was at customs. Ofcourse this was my own fault. Atleast I know that now...that there is a chance that expensive items will be picked out and put custom fees on it. In this case I had to pay 191 euro. I honestly didn't have that as I did not expect that AT ALL! Tak offered once again to send 150 dollar to fill in the gap between me receiving Rapunzel and my money so I could atleast receive her. I ofcourse paid Tak back once I got my money.

Once all of that was settled, I received her and made a pony brag. Cause yes, I was ofcourse really excited that I got her finally. But after uploading pictures on the forums. Some people mentioned that her braid was rather short and her mane as well at some points. This didn't bither me right away because I thought it might not be the case. But after making a thread and receiving some pictures of other members Rapunzels I started to get bothered about it. Because I paid 800 dollars plus all the extra costs for a pony I wasn't satisfied with in the end. My first thought wasn't "Refund!" No...it was not. I didn't know what to do and even contacted a admin about possibly selling her on the forums. Aroubd the same time I had seen another Rapunzel up for sale on Ebay and I was really pondering what to do. Eventually I went against the advice of the admin and put Punzie up for sale on the forum and on Ebay. I discribed all her flaws as honest as possible and hoped to sell her quickly. Because the other Rapunzel had about less then a week left. So I asked Tak if it was possible to ask the seller if she would agree to a refund if I send Rapunzel back. I rven told Tak that I am willing to take it over from here cause I don't want her to feel like a negotiator. Tak said that the person would 't do "business" with me cause the transaction to her was made by Tak. So at this point I was just unaware what was being said. Tak did communicate with me and tried to tell me as good as possible what was being arranged. The first day this all started was the day that Tak approached the seller for a refund. As I said, me sending Rapunzel back and get a refund. The seller said that she needed several days to awnser the questions. I want to make clear that I did not have ANY form of communication with the seller. So I am telling this from what I heard from Tak. I did tell Tak to ask the seller to make up her mind as soon as possible, cause I really wanted to bid on that other Rapunzel on Ebay. But ofcourse at this point I couldn't. But the seller didn't respond fast enough. Time was ticking but after about 2 dats of no response I asked if it was possible to do a refund through Paypal. Tak phoned her creditcard company and told me the process of chargeback has started.

AFTER the chargeback was set in motion, Tak received a message from the seller that she will agree to a refund if I send Punzie back. Which I did today. I did not know how long it would even take for a chargeback to take place. But I did not have the money to bid on Rapunzel on Ebay. Tak would receive that money back once Rapunzel arrived to the seller again. Tak had offered yo bid on the Rapunzel, but in the end she decided to send me 800 dollars upfront so I could get my custom fees back 191 euro. And once Rapunzel had arrived at the seller. She would get the 800 dolar on her account.

I did sent Rapunzel today. Even gave Tak the tracking code. And I can't stress this enough...I have not had ANY form of contact with the seller. It all went through Tak.

I want to sum up a few things here,

I NEVER asked Tak to pay for anything for me. Never have, not from the beginning. Just never. She was generous enough to lend me money because of the situation. But I ALWAYS paid her back everything. Keep in mind that what I am saying took place in the past 20-25 days. So whatever money she lend me or decided to "surprise lend" me by paying upfront has all been paid back within a couple of days. I don't know why the comments in the "Problems with Tak and Pierlala" thread are so vile. I wish people wouldn't judge without knowing the whole situation and all it's details.
Sure the situation could have been handled better. Sure it was pretty sudden. But today was the first day that I heard that the seller knew NOTHING about me! I hope you can see it from all of our perspectives. I never wanted antone to feel offended or pressured. But I must admit that the comments that have been made such as "Pierlala isn't a friend worth keeping" or "What Pierlala did eas really nasty". What did I do? Receive an item that I wasn't satisfied with and wanted to return it? That is what I did. And ofcourse poor communication vetween me and the seller. But as I said, I was under the impression that the seller wouldn't do business with me. Cause that is what Tak told me. The mistake has been made that the seller didn't know that the Pony was for me. So when Tak received her, the seller thought that that was the end of it. While in fact she had to make the 2 week travel to me incluiding the time she had been in customs. So for a fact Rapunzel had been in my posession for less then a week before I decided that I wasn't happy with how she was. I found out just a little while ago that Tak is not going to accept the refund but instesd will try to sell Rapunzel herself. I apologize to Tak that it went this way. And will do my best to help out financially.

Maybe it was stupid of me to agree to buy Rapunzel without asking proper questions. But I assumed that there was nothing at all wrong with her. On the pictures she lies down, she looked ok to me. And because I did not have any communication with the seller. I couldn't ask her additional information ehich I always do before buying a pony. But I just assumed Rapunzel being more then ok. I was just too happy to finally have a chsnce to get her.

I hope I have been clear enough. I could go on and on and squeeze out even more detail. But I don't think it matters at this point. All I know is that I need to take a break and possibly just leave here for good. It just hurts to see people you thought you were friendly with change in the blink of an eye because of a situation they don't even know half of it from.

And for those who said "Pierlala hasn't even come up to defend herself. Fiest of all it is hard when you have the whole arena against you. Second of all it is pretty hard to get involved into something when you have asked and tried to get into the dicussion but the Facebook group won't accept your request and my messages being removed and ignored.

Collecting Ponies and making friends was all I wanted. Now I just want to be left alone. Feel free to respond to this thread. But I honestly don't think I will read it. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

It is 03:32 over here and I typed this on my phone. Can't sleep because of the sutuation. But I am off now.

Apologies to everyone. Especially the seller and Tak.

PS: I have written this withiut a pause and without re-reading it. So whatever it says, it comes straight from the heart.
Wanted: All the ponies!
Mostly Piggies :P

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2016, 07:36:56 PM »
I'll just add what I posted in the other thread.
It's probably best if this thread is merged with the other rather than having 2 different threads about the same issue.

It seems like the biggest problem in the entire situation is communication and lack of patience.

A return needs to be worked out with a seller no matter what the circumstances. If the return via Paypal came about because Tak called her credit card company & made a charge-back claim, that's a serious problem. A charge-back claim is to be used for fraud, not simply wanting to return an item. If that is the case, the swiftness of Paypal's response makes a lot more sense now. :huh:

It seems like this should be looked at as 2 separate transactions:
1. a sale from Dr EsmeRose to Tak
2. a sale from Tak to Pierlala

After getting the 3 sides of the story, it seems less like a middleman situation, and more like one person bought something to sell at cost to another person.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2016, 07:42:48 PM »
I'll just add what I posted in the other thread.
It's probably best if this thread is merged with the other rather than having 2 different threads about the same issue.

It seems like the biggest problem in the entire situation is communication and lack of patience.

A return needs to be worked out with a seller no matter what the circumstances. If the return via Paypal came about because Tak called her credit card company & made a charge-back claim, that's a serious problem. A charge-back claim is to be used for fraud, not simply wanting to return an item. If that is the case, the swiftness of Paypal's response makes a lot more sense now. :huh:

It seems like this should be looked at as 2 separate transactions:
1. a sale from Dr EsmeRose to Tak
2. a sale from Tak to Pierlala

After getting the 3 sides of the story, it seems less like a middleman situation, and more like one person bought something to sell at cost to another person.

This /\

I agree after reading everything.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »
What a mess!

I feel bad for everyone involved. 

Just...what a mess! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal