collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there any hope in this?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Is there any hope in this?
« on: September 13, 2016, 03:49:20 PM »
I treated myself to a pricey pony because I felt like it. I haven't received it and the seller said I should have by now. I believe the seller is a good one and will pull through in giving me a refund if the pony does not come. But I'd rather have the pony than the refund and I would hate to see a rare pony go into limbo like this. This is what the tracking looks like.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9405509699937878449405

It's like the label was made but the pony was never shipped. I am very confused at this. This seller has over 300 totally positive feedback so I think this is the fault of the US Postal Service, not her.

But do you think, based on this tracking, my pony is probably gone? I'm going to be sorely disappointed if so, there was something personally special about this pony too.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any hope in this?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 04:01:58 PM »
I treated myself to a pricey pony because I felt like it. I haven't received it and the seller said I should have by now. I believe the seller is a good one and will pull through in giving me a refund if the pony does not come. But I'd rather have the pony than the refund and I would hate to see a rare pony go into limbo like this. This is what the tracking looks like.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9405509699937878449405

It's like the label was made but the pony was never shipped. I am very confused at this. This seller has over 300 totally positive feedback so I think this is the fault of the US Postal Service, not her.

But do you think, based on this tracking, my pony is probably gone? I'm going to be sorely disappointed if so, there was something personally special about this pony too.

Actually, it could very well have shipped- but if the person at the counter didn't scan the package in- it wouldn't show up.  That happens about half the time.  And there isn't much you can do- I used to stand in line to force them to scan my packages- but now my guy says he won't do that anymore until the end of the day- and directs me to put my packages in the bin on the countertop with the rest of the mail. Super annoying.   But all that to say that the fact that the package wasn't scanned in doesn't actually mean much...

Usually it will show up again once it goes through the sorting center in the destination city- but not if it got lost or the label tore off before then....

I hope it turns up.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 04:06:11 PM »
Since its only been a few days I would wait a bit longer since it may be in transit and hasn't been scanned yet. But try contacting the USPS soon if it hasn't changed the status :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 04:14:00 PM »
Okay. My seller is checking with her post office tomorrow and I will tell her not to jump the gun on a refund if it hasn't shown up. I know sometimes the postal system gets slow.
My Wishlist

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »
Usps does have a lost package warehouse, too. If it doesn't show and it has tracking they'll find it.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 03:11:09 AM »
I had a parcel sent to me from the US once...

Tracking said it was in the US still after a week and a half....

It turned up about 2 weeks late (this was around the time of 9/11,everything was slow so I expected that)

BUT the tracking still said it was in the US. And it said that until the tracking expired.

I've had it happen a few times with packages that claim to be in countries they no longer are. I would think it's a scanning issue.

I hope you get your pony soon!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 07:15:17 AM »
I have had that happen so many times Dazzle.  Several times the reason was it was either 1.  Not leaving the post office because it got stuck behind something and wasn't seen for two weeks. 2.  The post office mis sent the package and it had to be located and re posted to me. 3. The seller did not ship the item and when I finally told them I wanted a refund boom it started tracking. Or 4.  The package was sent first class and the USPS never scanned it.  Lets be hopeful.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 09:46:55 AM »
Okay. My seller is checking with her post office tomorrow and I will tell her not to jump the gun on a refund if it hasn't shown up. I know sometimes the postal system gets slow.

I'm glad to hear that the seller seems to be doing everything possible to help out in this frustrating situation. I have had this issue before with both items I have purchased as well as things I have sold. In all of those instances it was a case of the origin post office not scanning in the packages. Many times it will show up a few days late out of nowhere with absolutely no updates (and sometimes once it is delivered all of the tracking details magically shows up!). As long as you and the seller are working together, I would just be patient and hold out for another couple of weeks to see if it shows up. I don't think at this point the pony is gone since it has only been missing for about a week. Hopefully your pony will show up soon!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 12:17:56 AM »
Get the seller on it ASAP. We are still waiting on a refund from a seller who made us jewellery from our old mare's (who passed) tail hair. Completely irreplaceable, and hugely sentimental! It was tracked AND registered, and our tracking looks like yours, and it's been months. They may have a chance of finding your package if they get on it early. Ours, however seems to be lost. It was never scanned in at the departing PO, and has never been scanned since, no idea where the heck it ended up... no-one ever signed for it either.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 06:28:18 AM »
If something has been an unusually long time, yes, get the seller to see what they can do from their postal office, or calling USPS and so on. Tracing your item is the best bet. I'm like you. I buy an item, because I want the item. Not my money back.

I did a very very heavy amount of buying a few years back. Mostly from the US. I am in Canada, and here or FB and even on ebay with some sellers when I can I get the cheapest options. So normally, because of this I assume the risk of loss of $ of not getting an item sent with first class so long as a seller shows me they did send it with a receipt. (Always got my things, so very happy with their service)

BUT- on ebay I have had to pay for priority a number of times since that was the only option shown on the listing. Plus a couple pony sellers in our world who always use tracked options. I check the tracking link for fun,  and for me it's about half the time it says "label printed" or still shows at the seller's PO/Country or something, and it's not. Because I only checked the tracking link after I got it already. USPS seemed pretty lazy and inconsistent in actually scanning those labels along the way. Hopefully yours is a case where your package is wandering around the US before getting to you. But, I do not know what is typical timeline wise for you guys for that service.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 08:04:28 AM »
Has she been found?

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 03:59:11 PM »
The seller said she was located on Friday. I asked about new tracking yesterday as she said she would either be reshipped anywhere from Friday or this Monday and I have not heard back. I'm started to get worried.

Post Merge: September 21, 2016, 07:01:12 AM

She got a hold of me and said she is going out today.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:01:12 AM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 12:25:33 AM »
I had the same problem a few months ago, and it was not easy since the pack came from USA and I am in France. I contacted the sellers and fortunately they took that in charge and I got to ponies home, 2 weeks later than expected. They did a wondefull job, since I couldn't do anything from here. The thing was they scanned the box wrong (the guys from the post office) so it stayed at the post office waiting for something to happen... they had to scan it again and everything went ok after. But they never got the idea of verifying if they scanned it right the first time( again the guys from the post office).... as I said the sellers did a fantastic job. And Iam very Grateful. So try to be patient and getting in contact with the seller, since they might be helpful.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 06:37:32 AM »
Everything has been solved. The pony arrived yesterday and is beautiful.

She will be posted on the brag Arena if you wanna see her. You'll see why I wanted her to arrive so badly once you see what she is.

I appreciate everyone's input and help. :D
My Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal