collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problems with Tak and Pierlala  (Read 19195 times)

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
Problems with Tak and Pierlala
« on: August 02, 2016, 07:02:25 AM »
Making this post at the request of others in the Facebook group MLP Collectors who have heard my case.

I sold my Rapunzel to Tak and she received her on the 9th of July saying: "She arrived and is perfect. :) thank you so much!" I had sent her photos of the pony and mentioned she was in very good condition. Little did I know Tak was going to send the Rapunzel to her friend Pierlala. When Pierlala received her, she though the mane was trimmed a touch, as can be seen from her Forum posts. She decided to resell the pony. However, 21 days later, when Pierlala couldn't resell the Rapunzel, she had Tak make a PayPal claim against me, asking for a refund. PayPal sided with Tak and now I am forced to issue a refund (once I receive Rapunzel back), for a pony that Tak originally claimed was to her satisfaction.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:48:16 AM by DrEsmeRose »
Wanted: All the ponies!
Mostly Piggies :P

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Problems with Tak and Pierlala
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 07:21:27 AM »
Are you not able to share the earlier communications with paypal at this point?

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 07:42:19 AM »
I did share all of our my communications with Tak's Facebook moniker with PayPal, however, they already closed the case in her favor before I discovered (today) that Tak had shipped Pierlala the Rapunzel and then Pierlala was not satisfied with her mane, which is shorter in the front due to the factory handling of MO ponies, tried to sell her and failed. Despite Tak claiming she thought the pony was perfect and that she thought the pony looked great earlier in the Facebook messenger, PayPal still decided that Tak could ship the pony out to me and once received I will have to issue a refund.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 07:54:15 AM »
Oh wow, I'm so sorry ): That's a huge chunk of money to be out after you were assured the transaction was complete and everything was good, especially without being contacted first.

Are the photos from your new topic the original ones you took to show Tak?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 08:06:58 AM »
Yes, those are the original photos.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 08:57:42 AM »
Yes, those are the original photos.

Could you include your original sales photos in the original post here? If the actual hair length is clearly seen in your photographs, and was OK to Pierlala originally, I don't see how it's fair to the seller for the buyer to agree to purchase and suddenly decide a pony who arrives as shown is not "ok" anymore.

I'm upgrade crazy, and I do admit to buying ponies I own already to get one with better curls, brighter colours etc.. so I do decide from photographs (in addition to descriptions) if I want to make a purchase. the only upsetting ones are ponies that clearly were photoed to hide or conceal the actual condition of the item.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 08:59:46 AM »
Dang! All I can say is I am so sorry. That's a big chunk of money to be out of. I don't really have much advice to give, but I do wish you luck.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 09:06:15 AM »
Yikes!  What a mess!  Was it an eBay sale out of curiosity?

I've got to be honest, to me it looks like Rapunzel has had a mane trim.  But whether that justifies a refund / return or not would depend on the original descriptions and pictures when she was for sale.   Like, if the pictures clearly showed her mane length and the unevenness to begin with.  Or if the original sales description was "some unevenness in mane" vs "perfect condition, no haircuts", etc.

Was there any communication back and forth before the Paypal dispute?  Generally it's considered good manners to try to work things out rather than just filing a claim out of the blue.

Hope this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 09:09:07 AM »
If you sold it to one buyer & that buyer did not disclose that she was only acting as a middleman for another buyer, the pair of them are putting you in a very unfair situation. :huh: This whole is seems very dishonest. It sounds like a case of buyer's remorse where the burden is now being placed on the seller.

I have sold to European collectors who ask me to ship to a friend in the US many times. In those situations the actual buyer is the person I have the transaction with, not the person acting as a middleman. I have never run into a problem like this, but it definitely makes me feel uncomfortable doing this for buyers I'm not familiar with in the future.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 09:19:13 AM »
I helped DrEsmeRose put together a timeline. I hope this helps some with questions on how everything occurred.

6th- DrEsmeRose ships pony to Tak
9th- arrives at Taks. Feedback left, perfect pony
20th- customs question posted on the arena
26th- brag thread posted, Pierlala happy with pony
27th- Pierlala decides to style hair
28th- thread at arena about possible hair cut
29th- listed for sale on eBay
30th- listed for sale on arena/PayPal claim opened.
31st-reply that no refund would be issued
1st- Escalated claim, DrEsmeRose sends FB communication to PayPal showing Tak was happy with the sale.
2nd- PayPal closes claim, rules in favor of Tak. No response allowed by seller.

Tak has blocked DrEsmeRose on FB so they cannot communicate there.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:22:08 AM by Ficklefae »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 09:25:52 AM »
I helped DrEsmeRose put together a timeline. I hope this helps some with questions on how everything occurred.

6th- DrEsmeRose ships pony to Tak
9th- arrives at Taks. Feedback left, perfect pony
20th- customs question posted on the arena
26th- brag thread posted, Pierlala happy with pony
27th- Pierlala decides to style hair
28th- thread at arena about possible hair cut
29th- listed for sale on eBay
30th- listed for sale on arena/PayPal claim opened.
31st-reply that no refund would be issued
1st- Escalated claim, DrEsmeRose sends FB communication to PayPal showing Tak was happy with the sale.
2nd- PayPal closes claim, rules in favor of Tak. No response allowed by seller.

Tak has blocked DrEsmeRose on FB so they cannot communicate there.

So from what I am reading: there was no communication about refunds before the PayPal case was open??

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 09:26:18 AM »
That's correct banditpony.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »
I have sold to European collectors who ask me to ship to a friend in the US many times. In those situations the actual buyer is the person I have the transaction with, not the person acting as a middleman. I have never run into a problem like this, but it definitely makes me feel uncomfortable doing this for buyers I'm not familiar with in the future.

Same . . . I am happy to help people out and have had positive past experiences as a go-between, but I would never want to be caught in the middle of something like this.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 09:31:13 AM »
Abbreviated Facebook Chat Log:

July 5th:
Dr: Hello I have Rapunzel I would be willing to consider selling. She is in very good condition
Tak: Can you send some pics?
Dr: Yep
Tak: Thanks
Dr: (see photos below)
Tak: She looks great. How much did you want for her?
Dr: Was hoping closer to $900 Including shipping of course
Tak: I have to double check my funds. I'll get back to you asap.
Dr: Ok. Let me know what you can do (:
Tak:  I can probably get $820.
Dr: That is perfect!

July 6th:
Dr: Will be in the mail soon (accompanied with photos of USPS Receipt and Addressed box)
Tak: Thank you!

July 9th:
Tak: She arrived and is perfect. :) thank you so much!
Dr: *Thumbs Up*

Photos:

Post Merge: August 02, 2016, 09:32:44 AM

My *thumbs up*, was the end of our Facebook messaging. After that it was radio silence and she banned/blocked me on Facebook. I did not receive any correspondence until I was notified of the PayPal claim. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:32:44 AM by DrEsmeRose »

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 09:35:12 AM »
If you sold it to one buyer & that buyer did not disclose that she was only acting as a middleman for another buyer, the pair of them are putting you in a very unfair situation. :huh: This whole is seems very dishonest. It sounds like a case of buyer's remorse where the burden is now being placed on the seller.

That's what I thought too, and said something to the effect on FB. It's a BIG mess. Tak may well have tried to do someone a big favour not realizing how it could bite her later.  If a chargeback was placed against Tak herself by Pierlala, she might have had no choice but to return the pony if she didn't have $800+ on hand to spare until the pony is resold. It's still not being handled well though based on the details posted to facebook (blocking, lack of communication and what the arrangement was really). :( my suspicions though is that tak's intentions were likely good. Sadly, there's a saying about roads and good intentions. :(

I will be a middleman for a friend, under two conditions. One, I check the purchase before I forward. the item has to be grossly misrepresented (sellers fault) for me to arrange a return to the seller. If it's not, it's the buyers item. (this is how I treat my own buys. I don't treat ebay like a wallmart) and TWO they pay me with a method that doesn't put ME at risk for a charge-back (cash is king, or western union if I need to ship). And, I had people bid on my behalf a few times. I would always resell an item I decide I was unhappy with, or lukewarm to on my own, then ever, ever drag someone doing ME a HUGE favour through a big mess.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:43:38 AM by FantasticFirefly »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal