collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check On factory Error Ponyzilla Fluttershy  (Read 740 times)

Offline Sunbow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
Price Check On factory Error Ponyzilla Fluttershy
« on: August 01, 2016, 03:17:09 PM »
Hi friends! I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in, so sorry if it's wrong.

I was told by the people on MLPTP that this would be a more suitable place to ask about this particular item.

A while back I went to Big Lots and found one of those great big G4 "ponyzilla" ponies (the ones that are bigger than the fashion styles). This one is Fluttershy, however she has a mistake... she has no Cutie Mark, on either side! She is still brand new in her packaging and has never been opened. I was just wondering her value and how much she is worth?

Thanks for any help!

[Moving to the corral for you love pkw xxx]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:37:58 AM by pinkkittywinks »
Hi! I'm Becky. You can call me Sunbow, as I'm known on the MLPTP and here.

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check On factory Error Ponyzilla Fluttershy
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 03:39:26 PM »
I am curious how you can see that she has no cutiemark on either side. What kind of packaging is it? Usually one flank is hidden by the back card or backside of the packaging. I know almost nothing about G4 but I am curious. Do you have a picture?
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 04:38:38 AM »
I'm going to pop this over to the corral for you :) there will me more knowledge on her there I hope.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Sunbow

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 04:44:54 AM »
I am curious how you can see that she has no cutiemark on either side. What kind of packaging is it? Usually one flank is hidden by the back card or backside of the packaging. I know almost nothing about G4 but I am curious. Do you have a picture?

The way the packaging is it makes it possible for you to move the cardboard a little bit and look at the other flank. It's kind of hard to get a picture of though, so here's some pics anyways:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: August 02, 2016, 04:45:12 AM

I'm going to pop this over to the corral for you :) there will me more knowledge on her there I hope.

Love pkw xxx

Okay, thanks!

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 04:52:49 AM »
Are you certain it's a factory error and not just a "do it yourself" pony? Where you have to create a cutiemark for her? I seriously know nothing about G4, so I'm just guessing here.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Sunbow

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 05:43:23 AM »
Are you certain it's a factory error and not just a "do it yourself" pony? Where you have to create a cutiemark for her? I seriously know nothing about G4, so I'm just guessing here.

It's 100% a factory error. When I bought her there were several others of her kind sitting on the shelf as well (including another Fluttershy that DID have her Cutie Mark).

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 07:34:02 AM »
I get the impression that G4 factory errors like this are not worth any more than retail, and in most cases probably less than retail. There are a lot of flawed and "prototype" g4s out there and you'd need to find someone who is either into customizing that was going to wipe the cutie mark anyway or someone particularly into collecting oddities like this (which it seems there aren't many around anymore, but I could be mistaken) if you wanted to re-sell her.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 08:02:29 AM »
I'm one of those weird collectors :P

Sadly I don't have any pony buying funds right now, or any real idea what G4 factory errors are worth, but I think this Fluttershy is awesome!

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 08:43:42 AM »
The factory error is not going to have much, if any, impact on value. You could ask for a premium of $10 perhaps over retail. Especially because the package itself is designed to be opened, there is no way to verify that somebody has not removed the symbol for the purposes of making profit on a fraudulent factory error. So if you ever trade or sell it, your buyer has provenance that you purchased her that way but that is likely to eventually get lost. Collectors would buy her for the novelty but probably not be willing to spend much above and beyond normal resale value for her.

Her value might be more significant in trades with like-minded collectors because then you can trade error for error, see what I mean?

I personally love factory errors ponies because they are almost always 100% one of a kind!

Offline Sunbow

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 07:42:04 PM »
I get the impression that G4 factory errors like this are not worth any more than retail, and in most cases probably less than retail. There are a lot of flawed and "prototype" g4s out there and you'd need to find someone who is either into customizing that was going to wipe the cutie mark anyway or someone particularly into collecting oddities like this (which it seems there aren't many around anymore, but I could be mistaken) if you wanted to re-sell her.

Aww. Well, I've never seen a factory error of this type of pony before. people at the MLPTP said that she may be worth more because of it.

I'm one of those weird collectors :P

Sadly I don't have any pony buying funds right now, or any real idea what G4 factory errors are worth, but I think this Fluttershy is awesome!

I'm not sure on value either. I'll probably list her on eBay and see if I get any bites.

The factory error is not going to have much, if any, impact on value. You could ask for a premium of $10 perhaps over retail. Especially because the package itself is designed to be opened, there is no way to verify that somebody has not removed the symbol for the purposes of making profit on a fraudulent factory error. So if you ever trade or sell it, your buyer has provenance that you purchased her that way but that is likely to eventually get lost. Collectors would buy her for the novelty but probably not be willing to spend much above and beyond normal resale value for her.

Her value might be more significant in trades with like-minded collectors because then you can trade error for error, see what I mean?

I personally love factory errors ponies because they are almost always 100% one of a kind!

Oh... that's too bad. (Also I think she was marked down at Big Lots, as at the Dollar Store these types of ponies tend to sell for $10 - $15 if I remember correctly).
I don't really have much interest in trading for errors, unless it's G1 and I'm sure most people wouldn't want to trade her for one of those.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal