collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Going to Italy/Naples for a holiday - flea market and shop advice requested :)  (Read 541 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
After being on probation period at the then new job all last summer, this summer I finally get to enjoy a well-deserved holiday abroad again: my husband and me will be visiting Naples in Italy for a couple of days in mid/late August  :cool:

I would be very interested to go for a little toy hunt, and since I know there are several Italian collectors here on the Arena, I though I'd request some advice regarding where to go :) do you know any flea markets, charity shops or second-hand toy shops in the city? I'd mainly be looking for the following things:
- G1-G2 ponies
- Furbies
- dolls (several brands. Since I know Italy had an unusually vast portfolio of them, in this case I'd especially be interested to find Salior Moon dolls ^^ )

I've already done a basic research on Google, but many of the links I found are from 2014 or earlier. my husband is not very keen on flea market/second-hand shopping, and our time there is limited, so I'd like to spare occasions of traveling to a certain shop or area to find out the shop/flea market either no longer exists, or it's mainly a selling place of vintage furniture and homeware (which would normally interest me, but since we're flying there I wouldn't be able to take such stuff home...).

Thank you for your help and advice in advance! :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
does anyone have any nice tips for me?

I have since found a few second-hand marketplaces, but most seem to be closed in August, or seem to have been completely closed down recently :huh: I'd love to find at least one or two little shops or a marketplace to bring something special home - I still remember when I found Furbys, dolls and ponies on a flea market on our honeymoons, those toys hold a very special place in my collection due to the circumstances of getting them  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal