collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Princess toddler dolls?  (Read 843 times)

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Disney Princess toddler dolls?
« on: July 31, 2016, 07:23:20 PM »
Does anyone know anything about the Disney Princess toddler dolls you can get at Walmart/Target? The ones like this Cinderella, with inset "reflection" eyes; I'm not sure who makes them...

Anyway; I found some videos on Youtube where someone made custom toddler dolls, and since then I've kinda been tossing around the idea of customizing some into Dipper and Mabel from Gravity Falls.

The dolls being $20 each has put me off the project, but my Walmart has the dolls on sale for $9 right now so I'm taking the fact that I could get both base dolls for what I'd normally pay for one as a sign to go for it. XD But I have a couple questions before I jump into anything.

I believe the hair is nylon, though it feels different from pony nylon. Would it take dye at all? Belle is the only doll that comes pre-made with the right hair color (and length, for Mabel), but I'm not sure her expression fits Dipper/Mabel so I was wondering if I could dye someone else to have the right color. I don't want to reroot because the heads are large and rather hard.

Does anyone know of any doll lines that can share clothes with the Princesses? I've never sewed (beyond small repairs) before, so I'd prefer to find ready-made stuff if I can. Especially a hat for Dipper; I probably *could* sew everything else if I had to, but I think a hat would be beyond me. XD
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:07:55 AM by GryffindorHermione »
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Customizing Disney Toddler dolls?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:39:10 PM »
I've never heard of these dolls at all, but I really wouldn't suggest painting the hair since it sounds like hair-hair and not molded hair. I can't imagine that ever going well. It would be hard and flaky and gross. If they can't be rerooted or dyed, you could always shave off the hair and buy wigs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Customizing Disney Toddler dolls?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 07:54:38 PM »
I agree, paint would probably be a disaster. XD The ones on Youtube didn't really look that bad, but the hair had a very stiff, "gelled" look to it and I don't want that. And you're probably right that it'd start to flake after a while.

Wigs might work if nothing else, though I have no idea what size they would need or how to measure them. Any advice on that?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:15:54 PM by GryffindorHermione »
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal