collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else reply to the Calgary Alberta Kijiji ad for lots of G1 in West Valley  (Read 644 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Just wondering.... because the ad was edited to now say, "Due to a great deal of interest, the whole lot will go to the best offer."

I was only interested in a few ponies from the lot and I was surprised that it wasn't snapped up within hours of posting.  But I see, the seller must have received numerous inquiries and now she's not interested in selling them as toys so she has backed out of selling them to someone for the original price she has listed.  :( 

I hope it wasn't an Arena member that this happened to!  :( 

Just a selfish, shallow pout.... why didn't the seller research BEFORE they listed?  It's such a [edit] when they post, you reply and then they realize they COULD have sold it for more, but they didn't do their research and now they're going to back out on the transaction.... 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:21:39 PM by hathorcat »
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Is Kijiji not the same idea as Craigslist or Gumtree? They are not held to the same rules as ebay and other auction sites, so unfortunately this kind of thing can happen.

I know we may moan as collectors for missing out on a bargain. But likewise I do think its only fair for sellers to get the value of the items they have. In this case, I think it sounds like the seller now knows the items they have have value and therefore they can take the time to sell them. Buyers get the pony they want; the seller gets a fair sum.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Is Kijiji not the same idea as Craigslist or Gumtree? They are not held to the same rules as ebay and other auction sites, so unfortunately this kind of thing can happen.

I know we may moan as collectors for missing out on a bargain. But likewise I do think its only fair for sellers to get the value of the items they have. In this case, I think it sounds like the seller now knows the items they have have value and therefore they can take the time to sell them. Buyers get the pony they want; the seller gets a fair sum.

Oh I know! I just know from experience that recently, Kijiji has been really flexible about the "no-ship,local-only" thing - I am often hearing from people in Quebec for instance. 

And most of our local collectors love "The Hunt" so it's frustrating on that level- I was hoping to see one of our members brag about their awesome luck!  Of course I wouldn't have expected any of them to MAKE a higher offer than the seller was asking, either. ;)   But clearly the seller saw that their items were much more popular than they expected!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal