collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping to Israel- is it possible to have tracking?  (Read 991 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Shipping to Israel- is it possible to have tracking?
« on: July 30, 2016, 06:31:14 PM »
Hi all,

I have a potential buyer for non-pony item (Fisher Price Little People) who is asking if instead of Ebay's Global Shipping, I would use USPS's First Class International (less than 4lbs).  She said that it would be cheaper (which I'd bet is true) but also has tracking.  That's the part I'm not sure about.  I've heard people say the Ebay's global is too expensive, but as a seller it offers me protection against the whole "package never arrived" issue. 

I looked on the USPS website but don't feel like a found a definitive answer as to whether or not I could get tracking and delivery confirmation.  I was wondering (since it's Saturday night and I can't call) if any of you have experience shipping to there, and how it went? The prospective buyer has a lot of good feedback so I feel fairly comfortable about that, but the particular auction she's interested in might go for more than 20.00, which is past my threshold for 'let's just see how it goes'  :silly:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Shipping to Israel- is it possible to have tracking?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 05:25:44 AM »
International First Class technically does not have tracking nor does it have delivery confirmation. You do have the customs declaration number which sometimes you can track, but usually you can only track it until it leaves the U.S., sorry.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 06:39:07 AM »
Most of the time First Class International will only track until it leaves the US (at least lately.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 01:34:52 PM »
If you purchase the shipping online, it does include delivery confirmation to certain countries including Israel.  Here's the page about it: http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm   I just went through all my recent international packages customs numbers and they all show as delivered except for the two that went to countries not on the list (and of course the ones that only shipped a couple days ago). 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 08:13:44 AM »
If you purchase the shipping online, it does include delivery confirmation to certain countries including Israel.  Here's the page about it: http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm   I just went through all my recent international packages customs numbers and they all show as delivered except for the two that went to countries not on the list (and of course the ones that only shipped a couple days ago). 

That list is not reliable.  I frequently send to Australia and the UK, which are on that list as well.  Most of the time all tracking ceases as soon as the packages leave the US.  About 25% of the time tracking continues when the parcel arrives in the other country.  The rest of the time, nothing.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 08:27:54 AM »

That list is not reliable.  I frequently send to Australia and the UK, which are on that list as well.  Most of the time all tracking ceases as soon as the packages leave the US.  About 25% of the time tracking continues when the parcel arrives in the other country.  The rest of the time, nothing.

I was going to say the same thing. It's rare for me to get any tracking or confirmation via USPS that a package has arrived to any of the countries on that list via first class. The confirmation I get is from the buyer. However, via first class I have only had one parcel go missing so I trust that method. It sometimes can take a few weeks but it's usually pretty reliable and fairly quick.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 08:49:17 AM »
Oh yes, the First Class service itself is quite reliable, I've only had 2 packages go missing (and that was 10+ years ago).  But on eBay there is always a risk that the buyer will lie and say the package hasn't arrived.  And if that happens, and there's no tracking to prove otherwise, you're screwed.

I offer First Class International anyway, because most pony-buyers are honest.  But it is a risk.  If you want to make sure you'll be protected by eBay / PayPal, then insist on Priority International.

Edit:  About time, I've had First Class International packages arrive as quickly as 3 days (to England) or as long as 1.5 months (also to England, lol.)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 09:45:45 AM »
The sale is on Ebay?  Definitely tell her you can only use Priority shipping services for your own protection as a seller.  Otherwise, as soon as it's shipped without a proper tracking number, she as the buyer can pretty much open a claim and you are out the items AND the money you were paid for them.  :( 

At least if you are avoiding the GSP, you can pack the box properly yourself and save her the 15-20% overage charge on the shipping plus the customs brokerage.  Using the GSP will seriously inflate the price of shipping so she was right to ask to avoid it, but you shouldn't allow yourself to be vulnerable by shipping an Ebay purchase by anything other than Priority.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:47:27 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 05:39:30 PM »

I was going to say the same thing. It's rare for me to get any tracking or confirmation via USPS that a package has arrived to any of the countries on that list via first class. The confirmation I get is from the buyer. However, via first class I have only had one parcel go missing so I trust that method. It sometimes can take a few weeks but it's usually pretty reliable and fairly quick.
Strange, all of mine that have gone to the countries on that list have tracked just fine and that does include the UK and Australia (in fact one of the packages that hasn't yet gotten to its buyer just got scanned in London today).

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »
Thank you everyone!  I do feel sorry that the GSP is so expensive, but from what I have heard I don't think I feel comfortable going first class.  Right now my EBay sales are my side job and my feedback is really important to me. 

I will offer her Priority International and see if that is ok with her.  If EBay were just a little more trustworthy in supporting buyers I might be willing to risk it, but... :freak:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal