collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dream Castle Price check  (Read 887 times)

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Dream Castle Price check
« on: July 27, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »
The local used toy store has a pink Dream Castle for $89.95. Is that a good price? It looks like it comes with the treasure chest and the winch for the basket. It also has two flags, one of which has a slightly dented sticker. All three turrets are present. It might  be a little faded - the plastic inside looks a bit brighter than the plastic on the outside.

How much is one in this condition ussually? How much is a very good one with most of its accessories?

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:03:56 PM by Purpleglasses »

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Castle Price check
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:42:10 PM »
That's high. You can find for under $60 inc shipping on eBay with patience. MIB or complete you can find for around $120.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:44:18 PM »
I would personally hold out for one that has more accessories for a better (or similar) price, which does happen!  Definitely take the shipping cost into consideration though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 11:40:28 PM »
Thanks for the advice you guys! It's great to know I can find one for less with more accessories. Although I'm definitely considering things like shipping costs and the fact that the item is currently at a small business that I don't mind supporting, it seemed a bit pricey for me to just pull out the funds impulsively. The castle sure is impressive in person though! So big and pink. Very cute.

Is anyone here selling one? How often do they come up and where is a good place to look? I checked EBay and the only one there was for about $200 or so. It made the other one look like a pretty good deal.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 05:06:29 AM »
That's high. Fellow collectors are usually eager to pass along a shell for just dollars (they take up sooo much space). Then you can have fun finding the bits and bobs to put inside! I would be willing to pay more for *complete* or nearly so, bonus if box- but maybe only up to $100-$150 total.

Post Merge: July 28, 2016, 05:08:22 AM

fyi- I sold a shell (broken, incomplete) for $5 a while back on craigslist, before I new about the Arena. If I'd had pony friends back then, I would have been pleased to trade it to a fellow pony person for a few flutter ponies. :)

Post Merge: July 28, 2016, 05:11:56 AM

hi me again- I do have one for sale, complete (no box), but with repro banners and ribbon. I am going to sell it at the MN pony meet in September, was thinking of offering it for $120, but I need to double check condition etc.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:42:43 AM by ponyqueen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 07:18:48 AM »
Purpleglasses--I'd definitely shop around a bit, despite how enticing it must be to see it in person! I sold a really nice Dream Castle with almost all the accessories + a bunch of ponies in an eBay lot for I think around $120. Sometimes there are a number of castles listed, and just from looking occasionally I don't think they are going for what they used to. Playsets may be down overall--it seems like Paradise Estate is significantly lower than it used to be.

If you're in the US, the shipping on a castle will probably be around $20, and the castle you described in the shop is probably not worth more than $30.

Always be sure to ask about the hinges--at least one of the hinges on the castle is almost always broken, but it can still stand up and hold together with one or two broken hinges. More than that and you've got problems!

Good luck!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 07:45:01 AM »

Ok... shell doesn't sound bad. I second checking the hinges. the connectors on the main building, and especially the two side walls. Slightly lighter pink is ok, but if there was no yellow cast on the plastic (there always seems to be some at the seams due to the glue) I'd be have bought it if I was missing the castle because shipping costs much more here.

Where you are, you could always try giving an offer. Big items take up space in shops. :) Get an average of completed listings for shells as close as this one. so online if they are about $40 inc shipping USA only listings, offer that. they might take it they might not.

How much is one in this condition ussually? How much is a very good one with most of its accessories?

Thanks guys!

Ebay completed and sold to a buyer and worth-point. I'd compare anything sold within the US only to get your price. When people offer international shipping and sell to us folks too (Canada, Europe, UK etc) and the end prices shoot up on the nice stuff. especially for anyone who explains how they pack well. :) So the pricing I researched and I based my purchases on wouldn't be the norm for you.

GypsyTails

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 08:01:12 AM »
DEF to high. I got mine off the curb after a yard sale. You could get some quotes together and try to haggle with the local guy! Grab the collector's guide and bring it with you. It is taking up space in the place, and he might just not know better.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 03:51:49 PM »
I found mine here, Complete and with Box :)
it was 100 ,no shipping since it was local pick up from another collector :)

I love mlp Castles ,even though G1 ponies do not appeal much , the castle is a different story though :)

hope you find one for a better deal :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal