collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minimalism  (Read 2092 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Minimalism
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 08:45:07 AM »
I feel very claustrophobic when it comes to clutter, yet I still enjoy buying / getting stuff.  So I guess I'm a wannabee minimalist.  ;)  I have become a lot better at getting rid of stuff I don't use / need, but there's a long way to go.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »
No, but ill definitely go on my cleaning sprees.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 07:21:20 AM »
Not particularly a proper minimalist, although I am sensitive about there being too much stuff about and that does prompt me to have periodic clear-outs. My main rule is that everything in my place has to have a purpose, even if it's just something decorative that makes me happy, and even then it all has to look aesthetically pleasing in its space. If there's something that I'm not totally 100% sure about keeping, or I can't find a suitable spot for it, then away it goes! That way the house looks like a proper home but it's not cluttered. :D

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 08:22:48 AM »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone!
It's true the concept is not for everyone. My own house will never be a truly minimalist space either because my husband has so many hobbies and always a project going. As I've been clearing out my spaces, he's actually has been prompted to organize some of his belongings as well though, which is unexpected but awesome. We have a goodwill drop-off literally 2 blocks from us so that has made donating things so easy.
I still have work to do but each bit of space that opens up in my apartment has made me feel so much better.
Good luck to those of you working on decluttering too!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 02:13:55 PM »
I consider myself a minimalist.  If I don't have a use for it or haven't worn it, it moves on. I can't get into pony accessories for that reason. The ponies themselves are considered good therapy for me by a professional. The dolls are my daughter's for the most part and 7 year olds don't understand minimalism very well.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 04:30:41 PM »
Nope, never have been. I'm a full blown -attached-to-material-things person.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 04:42:03 PM »
I don't like to throw things out, I really don't. However, when I had to move in April, with almost no notice in advance, and I looked at all the stuff I had accumulated over the few years in China, I threw away A LOT. My new place is much smaller and has way less storage space, so now I try to stick to the rule 1 in, 1 out. For clothes that means for everything new, one old goes into the donation containers, for ponies they go to my parents' home, and books once read go to friends or are sent home if they are excellent. I do feel freer now.
Probably still have too much stuff though.

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »
I really wish I was more minimalistic.  My grandmother was, but my grandfather was not. I definitely lean towards having hoarder tendencies  and that kinda scares me. I think my mom is a hoarder.  I definitely need to get rid of a lot of things.  For years shopping was like a hobby- I loved it and getting new things. I have cut way back on shopping and I try to keep in the back of my mind when out- do I really need this, will I use this? This has seemed to help me cut back a lot, but then other times I am not so good.  I need to get rid of a lot and I am also very sentimental about things and find it hard to get rid of things.  I'd like to work on my house and then try to help my mom out. I wish I was more like my grandmother sometimes who was the most minimalistic person I have known.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 10:20:13 AM »
I really wasn't a minimalist person, but these past few months I've started to understand even more things than I already had. And to be honest, I have for too many ponies now. I feel like I'm hoarding, but also understand why I do it. So that's a good starting point for stopping buying ponies.

I'm actually partially regretting the fact that I have more ponies on the way, and wish I didn't have. But after these ones are totally paid for. I don't want anymore. Seriously.
The only pony I've recently purchased that I don't regret is a pony that reminds me of my childhood horse.

I really can't justify spending so much in toys when I get so much more out of activities.

I'm already selling a lot of doubles, and ponies I don't want. I keep baits because I've found that I love doing ponies up. But that's a hobby. And I'll probably sell them once done up anyway.

I'll keep my favourites and really valuable ponies but that's it. After these last ponies I'm done.

Long story short. I want to minimise things because these couple of hundred of ponies are leaving a bitter taste in my mouth and that's not the idea when I collect something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal