collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on a few playsets  (Read 595 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
PC on a few playsets
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:48:27 AM »
I have a few G1 playsets out in storage that are simply just sitting there not being displayed. They are in fairly good condition, though not perfect. I need to get to them to examine them more closely to gauge their condition. I figured I may as well sell them. I have SOME accessories, but not many. Let's just price them without accessories, but the buildings have all their roofs.  I think it's high time I got rid of them. I'm just not a playset/accessory collector. May as well pass them on to another collector who is.

Perfume Palace (that perfume bottle thing)
Dream Castle (I think it's the pink version)
Paradise Estate
Lullaby Nursery (broken...does not hook closed....kinda dirty)

I also have the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe somewhere, but that's in deeper storage. But maybe you can give me a price on that one too.

Also, how does one go about shipping something like this? Any tips on how to pack them? I'm at a total loss. Especially with PE which has separate parts. Should I ship it in separate boxes?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PC on a few playsets
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:50:24 AM »
Would pics help?
My Wishlist

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 09:00:31 AM »
I don't have any PC's, though there is a PC for Paradise Estate going on right now that looks like $175 is fair for a Pick-up. Shipping is a beast on it, so local pick-up is beautiful.

As for HOW to ship, it's not heavy, but it is big and a little fragile. With some care, I know the roof and walls will come apart, which will make the box a lot smaller. Be sure that the buyer knows that you are taking it apart, of course. If it were me, I would try a local-meet up or something like that. For a beautiful playset, I would be willing to drive from Minnesota to Missouri, but that's just me.
If the buildings won't come apart, just a sturdy box, maybe even a box in a box, and lots of packing material. I would use crumpled paper (don't let the newspaper touch the building, just in case the ink rubs off) or bubble wrap because packing peanuts could allow the building to shift, and if the carrier drops the box, the old plastic could crack.

You could use fakies or McPonies for packing material! That would be heavy, but really funny!

Good luck- hopefully you'll get some PC's quickly!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 09:07:43 AM »
Thanks, Aurora. I am going to try to get some pics so the buyer knows what they are getting. Maybe I can Craigslist it. I know I have collectors in my area. I just have no interest in playsets. Or heck, maybe someone here would want it bad enough to drive. I can tell it's fragile and would be terrified to ship it.
My Wishlist

GypsyTails

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 07:51:33 AM »
I have a few G1 playsets out in storage that are simply just sitting there not being displayed. They are in fairly good condition, though not perfect. I need to get to them to examine them more closely to gauge their condition. I figured I may as well sell them. I have SOME accessories, but not many. Let's just price them without accessories, but the buildings have all their roofs.  I think it's high time I got rid of them. I'm just not a playset/accessory collector. May as well pass them on to another collector who is.

Perfume Palace (that perfume bottle thing)
Dream Castle (I think it's the pink version)
Paradise Estate
Lullaby Nursery (broken...does not hook closed....kinda dirty)

I also have the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe somewhere, but that's in deeper storage. But maybe you can give me a price on that one too.

Also, how does one go about shipping something like this? Any tips on how to pack them? I'm at a total loss. Especially with PE which has separate parts. Should I ship it in separate boxes?

I'll take a stab at this, going mainly off the collector's guide and adjusting. I've been kinda obsessed with playsets recently.

With NO accessories I would say -
Perfume Palace /Building in good condition $15-17
Dream Castle - Pink - good condition/no accessories $20-$25?
Paradise Estate - good condition - building complete w/o any accessories - $100 - $115
Nursery - Not the best shape - $10
Sweet Shoppe - Just the shell, but with the bow, mainly clean, functional, with no accessories - $15

That's what sounds about right to me

I've had smaller playsets mailed to me using packing peanuts or crumpled paper. Everything was fine. Paradise Estate or Dream castle however.. :yikes: Um shipping insurance!!  :lol: Lots of fragile stickers and all the packing materials you could find. Maybe small balloons and cardboard pieces? I agree that finding someone to pick up would be best but if the buyer is willing to take the chance.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:58:18 AM by GypsyTails »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 12:59:03 PM »
Thanks GypsyTails for all the info!

Still thinking about Craigslist. Maybe someone local will want them.
My Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal