collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Country for HK White Tootsie  (Read 997 times)

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
Country for HK White Tootsie
« on: July 25, 2016, 11:45:10 AM »
AH!

I saw that the Arena gallery lists HK white Tootsie as Scandinavian rather than generic Euro'. ?????? Really? I've had more than one and all came from the Netherlands so Id always thought she was Euro?

Is HK white Tootsie really a Scandinavian exclusive? Is this newer information I might of missed over the years?

Sorry! This might be silly or old news, I'm just really surprised and not sure how I've had this wrong for so long.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Country for HK White Tootsie
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »
The Gallery states "exclusive to Scandinavia and Astralasisa" :)

I know she was sold in Scadninavia (according to the ones we have seen MOC) and she was sold in Australia (along with Truly and Cupcake and the alternate Birthflowers) :)

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/tootsie.htm

Her release appears to be a lot more limited compared to some other Euro ponies

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,367520.0.html

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290686.0.html

I got my HK White Toosie from the Netherlands too, perhaps someone can enlighten us on that?

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 01:50:50 PM »
So, is it fair to say Alt' BF, white HK Tootsie, yellow HK Moondancer and the NSS Cupcake and Truly are all in the same category? All were sold in Scandinavian, Australia and possibly neighboring areas like Netherlands and Belgium? I include cultural items on display from the countries my ponies are from, so I guess I'll need a strange mix of stuff for this odd group no?

Is the pregnant pony in this category too? I always see her listed as Euro, but I don't think I've seen one for sale outside Scandinavia that was not from a collector?

Sorting HK/China Euro ponies is more trouble than I was anticipating. I'm not sure why I care so much, must be the same impulse that makes me care if I have the right comb or barrette with a pony..... *sigh*

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »
So, is it fair to say Alt' BF, white HK Tootsie, yellow HK Moondancer and the NSS Cupcake and Truly are all in the same category? All were sold in Scandinavian, Australia and possibly neighboring areas like Netherlands and Belgium? I include cultural items on display from the countries my ponies are from, so I guess I'll need a strange mix of stuff for this odd group no?

Is the pregnant pony in this category too? I always see her listed as Euro, but I don't think I've seen one for sale outside Scandinavia that was not from a collector?

Sorting HK/China Euro ponies is more trouble than I was anticipating. I'm not sure why I care so much, must be the same impulse that makes me care if I have the right comb or barrette with a pony..... *sigh*

I think that's about right :) I believe Truly has been found in South Africa as well? If my memory serves me right :blush:

Mummy Surprise Twins was sold in the UK, I see her on UK eBay from non-collectors :) I'm not sure where else she was sold though. The place to ask would be the corral as there is more knowledge on "regular" release ponies ^.^

I know what you mean :hug: I too get myself in a twist wanting to get to the bottom of pony things or trying to understand releases.

Love pkw xxx

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 11:15:05 PM »
White Tootsie was sold in more than one set. In general she was sold instead of Green Tootsie in those locations (though both may have been available through different cards/distribution. I have HK white Tootsie on Danish, Dutch/Belgium and UK cards, though she was never sold in the UK (mine came from Sweden)

Truly and Cupcake are only part of a Pony Friends set that had a more limited release - Scandinavia and South Africa if memory serves. I would have to check if that was also a Hasbro UK card zold on the export market. The artwork was definitely that style.

HK Yellow Moondancer is somewhere in between. Not quite as widespread as White Tootsie, but more so that Truly and Cupcake
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 06:51:54 AM »
I have the white Tootsie HK since my youth and I have never seen the green one in stores. Which I found weird then because on backcard pictures she was green.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 01:35:41 PM »
Thank you for posting LadyG and barnacle_lady :)

I knew you'd be able to provide more information LadyG :)

Love pkw xxx

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 03:32:18 PM »
There needs to be a more firm and solid online resource for all of these continental European releases, because "Euro" just doesn't cover it. Different countries and different regions of Europe often did their own thing and it really is never a case of UK/Euro/Nirvana. It's way more subtle.

My HK White Tootsie also came from the Netherlands.

There seem to have been loose regional releases such as Benelux, Scandinavia, Germany/Austria(/Switzerland? Unconfirmed!), Italy, Spain, France and UK, then areas that crossed over between some or all of those regions. Benelux for example often had US style art but in Dutch and French language. I'm not sure if LadyG's card bears this out, but I have seen the US art with those languages for releases certainly of Italian ponies from the Benelux, whereas the Scandinavian card on my site is the UK card pretty much exactly. Germany got some ponies on US art card and some on Euro art card, sometimes crossing the same set twice. Some ponies were released in Benelux in English packaging (like Princesses set 2) but with a label on them in Dutch and French. Italy had its own complete packaging style at one point. There are tons of differences like this but we really still don't have them all nailed down and it would be nice to be able to be clearer about it. The Wiki has a lot of data but mostly pictures rather than an actual drawn conclusion from those pictures on what was sold where, how and in what packaging.

White Tootsie causes a ton of confusion because of her being sold in Scandinavia on the UK card, and because DV originally claimed she was a UK pony.

I digress.

Surprise Twins Mama was definitely in the UK. Sister had her from new from a store in London, and we still have her English language packaging. Pretty sure she was pan-Europe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal