collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Customs the lostpony way: TE Masquerade, Yum Yum, Baby Ribbons & more  (Read 2012 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
First, Masquerade whose new Zirconia eyes were a bit harder to deal with than Bright Eyes but here she is!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Next, BBE Ribbons who had terrible eye rust and by the time I was through scrubbing her eyelashes were gone and so I gave her some new ones...and painted up her eyelids a little darker too.

Yum Yum got a new tail and some wings made from abalone pendants...and some jewels.

Check out the full picture archive with some extra ponies including Sky Skimmer with zirconia eye gem upgrades and Merrieweather's alt rehair and there's also a lot of great stuff I got at thrift in there too so enjoy!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzP8lAXs8KOWYkx3UHV2Q0h1ZG8

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
They all look great. :) love that yum yum.

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Love love love Masquerade <3 I'm such a sucker for TEs
Is the zirconia yellow? Or is that a reflection of color
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:39:18 PM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

lostpony

Masquerade's eye sockets barely accommodate the 10mm zirconia which is pressed directly up against the back of the socket, so the yellow color is Masquerade's own yellow seen through the gem.

I've finally decided to collect a whole set: the TEs, and get some colored gems to do their eyes in the right colors instead of sparkly zirconias.  It won't happen right away... 

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Do it! They are great individually but look gorgeous when they're all together
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:38:59 PM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Beautiful work! I especially love your Masquerade.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Those wings! :dropjaw:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I still can't get enough of those twintails. Also love each and every of your work, especially BBE Ribbons.

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
The eyelashes are great on Ribbon!
(But of course Masquerade must be my fave!) Those lashes are how those bristle brow princesses should have been done in the first place. Eyelashes like that are delicate, nice looking and not at all caterpillar-y. The first pic with the twintails and the lashes is the best. I hope that if one day Royal Pink or Royal Purple turns up in your collection that you could give them the same treatment--I'd like to see that.

lostpony

Thanks so much everypony!

The lashes are fake lashes for people and I didn't expect them to cost so much.  I finally nabbed a set on sale for $4.something that has a long/short pattern the right width to cut into BBE size pieces.  I think the left lash turned out a little better than the right...maybe I should discard the first lash bit on the end of the people lash.  I still have enough lash left from that one pair to do several more BBEs or a couple of Princesses...(btw the eye lids are painted with watercolors so they can't gum up the eye movement...I was worried a thicker paint would be too thick).  Oh those eyes were sooo rusty when I got her.  Can't even tell how...I'm so happy with how she came out!

The twintails (or pigtails or high ponytails depending on where you are it seems) are my favorite too! (can you tell? tee hee) and pony manes surprisingly are well suited for them...most of the time...especially with the twin bead elastic ties I've been making.  I have gotten a real bead collecting habit now too as a result...I especially like real stone like the turquoise BBE Ribbons is wearing and glass beads and I even got some pricey swarovsky  crystal ones that will appear on somepony at some point.

Northstar, I'd actually promised this Masquerade to WingsOfMasquerade but getting the eyes in was such a struggle I promised him a better Masquerade with green gems in the future instead!  I'm digging myself a hole now...how much are 10mm fake emeralds going to cost me anyway...

Great news as to TE ponies for me, Sugar has donated a flawed Gingerbread that I will try to restore and upgrade her eye gems and I hope to collect them all...the first set of ponies I have wanted...and with gems a little closer to the right colors....but for today, these cheap zirconias are great fun!  Ah to think how I didn't like TE ponies until I realized how much fun the replaceable eyes can be.

Oh yes and I'm so glad these shell flutter wings are liked!  I was going to do green bottle plastic with nail polish until I found the pair of pendants at Michael's.  I found that zirconia dragonfly pendant there too and Yum Yum had to keep up with Masq so wanted to have it so I said, here you go.

I'm so happy everypony likes these!  Thanks!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:14:48 AM by lostpony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal