collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A very special gift... MIMIC (pic heavy)  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
A very special gift... MIMIC (pic heavy)
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:05:06 AM »
A few days ago, I came to own a new G1 pony. Not any pony... a very very special one! Im still so touched, can hardly describe it. Let me tell you more about the her, so you will understand why she is so special to me <3

So, who is it? Yeah, right, its MIMIC!
Yes, she herself is special enough, but thats not what I mean... I already had her in my hands six years ago before she now finally came to me but let me begin at the start. So, six years ago, in 2010 there was a german MLP convention in Nienburg. It was a big event for me and the day turned out to be one of those days youll never forget <3 I met awesome people and friends there. One of them was this awesome person with the 1000 nicknames, so since I dont want to mention their real name Ill stick to the nickname my daughter gave them when she was 5 : Pinkehose (pinkpants in english, because he wore bright pink pants the day we met first). We had always been best buddies, lol. When we were in a room together it was all laughter and fun and it was the same that day of course too. We started examining the stalls before the con opened and talked to the other collectors and such. And then there was Mimic! A fellow collector was liquidating her collection to buy a wedding dress (or pay for said wedding, cant remember that clearly) and therefore she was selling a lot of gems. (My) Mimic was one of them. Pinkehose grabbed her and we started "fighting" about her. No not really, I just said, Id love to own a Mimic one day and Pinkehose jokingly said, when they were done with Mimic, I could have her. Haha. She was way over my budget anyways. Well, Pinkehose bought Mimic and the day went on. I secretly admired this pony all day long and when we finally left late in the evening I hugged them both goodbye <3 That was how I first met my Mimic.
So fast forward to 2014 now, maybe it was 2013, Im not so sure right now. But lets say, a few years had passed. Pinkehose and I met on various pony meets and cons during those years and when they finally told about their decision to stop pony collecting I was sad but then Mimic came to my mind... Could I buy her? I had already started to calculate all savings and such to have enough funds for this darn pony but then Pinkehose said "She is already spoken for, she will be living with a very very good friend of mine." Gosh I kinda died inside. Really. I was soooo sad, thinking he had forgotten me and anyways, who was this very very good friend, do I even know them? *sigh* Well the sales went on, many ponies got sold. Nobody though bragged about Mimic... who got her then??? I started thinking he might have given her to a kid in the family or something but then he revealed the truth one day by just saying "I need to send your pony this week." My pony?? And the answer was "Yeah, who did you think Id give her if it wasnt you?" Lol, nothing more to say, I was sooo touched. I wont share anything private about my friend here because the topic is very sensitive but lets say the reason was because I was one of the very few people who always stayed by their side no matter what.
And then Pinkehose disappeared from the face of the earth. It wasnt the first time lol, so I didnt worry too much at first. But then I lost his phone number because our phone crashed and emails werent answered anymore. Tried a lot to find him but I wasnt successful. Years passed and I started thinking he might have something very bad happening... or even worse? I even thought he might be dead. The thought made me sad and to cheer me up I often tried imagining the adventures he might be in that hold him off from getting back in touch. I thought of Mimic too, made her "my invisible pony" and never bought another one for my collection. In my mind I already had her, even if it would never really happen. The thought of what he had said was enough <3
And then a few weeks ago, he came back and called me! Our talk was like no time had passed, we chatted about life, movies, games, our jobs and blablabla. And then he just said "I need your adress, Mimic is waiting for her new home!" OMG, he really meaned it?? Yes he did and then a few days ago, she really came!! Six years after we met first... there she is. And she is the most beautiful Mimic, I have ever seen! She even came with her original ribbon <3 <3 Im soooo thankful to my friend who gave her to me. She will be honored forever and has taken the status of a "childhood pony" (you know what I mean, shes not from my childhood of course, but she is as important to me as my childhood ponies are!). Id never ever ever give her away <3

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

my nosey cat wanted to be pictured too... lol...

[stickied 24/7/16 - kiwimlp :) ]
unstickied 26/7/16
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:17:26 PM by kiwimlp »

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A very special gift... MIMIC (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 11:45:14 AM »
Such a sweet story! I'm glad you have such a good friend. Congratulations on mimic. She really is a beauty. You should write her back story on a card to keep with her when you eventually pass her on to the next generation, so she'll be cherished forevermore.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 03:46:24 PM »
What a lovely story.  You are lucky to have such a special friend - and now Mimic will forever remind you of him.  She looks amazing in the pics you posted.  Congrats :frolic:

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »
Awww what a sweet story and an awesome friend! Your Mimic looks beautiful and I can see why she'd be extra special with that backstory! Congrats!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 04:36:41 PM »
Best. Story. Ever!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »
What a wonderful friend and story. :heart: Great Pony and your kitty is cute too.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 01:53:18 PM »
Aww thank you all so much <3 Im still so touched and cant really believe it... Ill always have Mimic close to my heart now and my family knows how important she is too <3 My husband even already asked me what kind of throne she will have once she moves into my ponyroom (she resides on the shelf in the living room, proudly guarding the TV and watching some older Doctor Who episodes with us :P). Speaking of it, I really have to reorganize my Twinkle Eyed Ponies now... Mimic is special in many ways, she was a set completer too! :)

And thank you so much that it got stickied <3 Thats soo cool!

BryteStar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 11:04:15 AM »
Wow, she is in beautiful condition, and with her ribbon, too! I agree with Tak, I'd write her story down somewhere so you can keep it with her. :heart: So glad your friend is okay and Mimic is finally home! :D

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 08:05:07 PM »
A gorgeous Mimic, she even has pink left in her stripe! Congrats, and what a wonderful story <3
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:59:07 AM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 08:16:10 PM »
Congrats! Lovely story.. :heart:

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 01:44:16 AM »
Such a wonderful story, i am so so happy for you, your such a lovely person. I am glad your friends are just as kind and lovely as you. Congrats on your treasure she is beautiful

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 02:19:04 PM »
That is so beautiful!  And she is so gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations. :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 08:02:02 PM »
She's a beautiful pony to match a beautiful story. Congratulations on her finally coming into your herd :lovey:

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 09:49:13 PM »
That is super sweet

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Bommels

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 11:25:25 PM »
Mimic is a great pony in and of herself, but I must say I almost enjoyed your beautiful story more than I did the pictures ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal