collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help With ID my Total UNmarked Vintage Horse & HK Horse?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Help With ID my Total UNmarked Vintage Horse & HK Horse?
« on: July 21, 2016, 08:19:59 PM »
Recently, at a flea, I found 2 horses.
(And a broken Breyer for me to fix! Which I did) But, these other 2 horses are a mystery because they have ZERO markings but appear to be vintage. The first one is I guess this pinto one with sculpted on tack & sort of ratty looking string reigns. (The 'string' is actually really interesting dingy as it is, it's a micro-braid of really fine fibers I've not seen string like that before)

So here he/she goes:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The color was obviously spray painted on at the factory.
I would bet this is vintage and since it can't really go 'fantasy custom' with the sculpted on tack like that I'd put it to sale but can't without knowing what it is.

Then there's 'hong kong horse' , who looks like a Breyer fakie of some sort (thought it was Breyer at first) but has no marks except for the gold oval Hongkong sticker underneath it.

Any light that can be shed on these is appreciate.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help With ID my Total UNmarked Vintage Horse & HK Horse?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 06:01:28 AM »
The pinto fellow on top is a Breyer Western horse!  Originally his reins were made of chain, and he would have a removable hard plastic saddle.  Here's a page about him and all of his various releases http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/identify/WestH.htm

The other horse sounds like he's a fakie based on the gold sticker, but I know there are other collectors on here who are more knowledgeable than me about vintage Breyers who could speak to this with more confidence.  If he is indeed a fakie, he's an exact copy of the Breyer Classic Arabian Stallion (CAS) sculpted by Maureen Love.  Here's the ID your Breyer page on that mold
http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/identify/Classic/CAS.htm

Hope this helps! 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal