collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else been scammed MOCs by this Etsy seller? (Poemsandnotes)  (Read 7989 times)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
So, back in June a bunch of MOC/MIB G1s popped up on Etsy, selling for about $50 USD each.  Of course they were all snapped up pretty fast.  I bought some over a couple of days -- the seller said she didn't know much about them, and they were from an estate.

I messaged her after buying the first one asking if she had any other pony items to list.  She was very nice and helpful and responded quickly, saying she had more to upload soon and wishing me good luck as they were disappearing as fast as they were uploaded.

Two days later I bought a few more and messaged her asking if i could get them shipped together as they were 3 separate transactions.  I never heard back.  I guessed it was my bad luck and that maybe after I received them I could contact her if the postage price was significantly less than the shipping costs I paid (I paid $80 US postage all up which seems like it should have been priority shipping, and overpriced at that.)

After over a month of waiting and the seller not responding to messages the shop has now suddenly closed.  And another buyer, who also never received her items,did a search and discovered that all the photos were lifted from all over the internet.  They were all close-ups, not showing any background and there was only one picture per listing, which is pretty unusual for Etsy.

They also pointed out that despite selling heaps of items there was NO feedback for the store at all.

So far two people (me and another buyer) have opened a dispute through Etsy, but you have to wait 7 days before Etsy will get involved in which time you're supposed to try and resolve it with the seller yourself.

The fact that she shop has been deleted (just after I last messaged her) and that no tracking numbers, replies to messages or feedback exist make it highly likely that she's a scammer.

It's likely some of the buyers are on the Arena.  If anyone else has been scammed please join the thread.  This seller has made some serious money.  Or, if you have received an item from her please let me know!!

hugs xox
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:01:41 AM by daffodil101 »

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone else been scammed MOCs by this Etsy seller?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:50:25 AM »
Yes my poor friend bought some and this seller has also stolen pictures from other sites like eBay, Pinterest and even mlp wiki. She never could reply with tracking details and just deactivated her etsy account when PayPal claim was filed. Anyone who is still waiting for this sellers response or items I urge you to open a PayPal dispute ASAP. X

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 04:24:13 AM »
How awful! yes this does sound like a scammer :(  Thank you for the heads up  - please would you post the sellers etsy ID in the title of the thread so that more people can see it? there could be a lot more Arena members involved.
Anyone who has bought items from this person and not received them needs to open a case right away
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 04:28:56 AM »
It's Poemsandnotes and seller's name is Christina from Alberta Canada is what I am told xx

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 06:10:17 AM »
Yeah, she got Aadra310 too.  I'll point her this way.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 07:26:06 AM »
Yep.  She got me, too.  I opened a case and I checked for a thread here yesterday about her.  I've been looking at the shop for the last two weeks waiting for someone to leave feedback and was starting to have suspicions when, after about 40 sales, there was no feedback.

ETA:  I just opened cases and escalated them on PayPal as well. 

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:49:50 AM by Aadra310 »

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 07:44:19 AM »
Yep.  She got me, too.  I opened a case and I checked for a thread here yesterday about her.  I've been looking at the shop for the last two weeks waiting for someone to leave feedback and was starting to have suspicions when, after about 40 sales, there was no feedback.

My friend says PayPal has automatically put the cases under review. So I hope you all get your money back. So sad this has happened x

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »
She got me as well, I bought two. :( This is the absolute worst feeling, I was so excited about those ponies, but should have remembered that if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

I escalated my case with Etsy last week, but no response yet. I paid with a card (not paypal), so I filed a dispute with my bank at well.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:52:56 AM by Raspberry Brulee »
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 09:06:15 AM »
That's really too bad.

It always seems like when something seems too good to be true, it is because there is a scam somewhere... difficult not to fall for those things because there is always a chance that it is real...

Can't you skip the etsy dispute and file a paypal dispute?

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 11:02:29 AM »
I would skip messing with Etsy and file with paypal and quick because if there are no funds left in the paypal account refunds may be hard to come by for everyone.  Paypal freezes the funds when a case is opened.  It's really important to do that quickly.  I have a friend that lost a lot of money because she filed late on a paypal case.  The seller removed the money and closed the bank account. My friend's refund was 10 cents.  Unless they have changed this way of handling refunds I really would go for the paypal refund quickly.  The more cases they have on a particular seller go through at the same time also assures that person may lose their ability to use paypal in the future hopefully.  I always look for feedback before I bid or buy now.  I am really sorry this has happened.  It is sad to see that people so easily can steal from others this way.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:05:56 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 11:48:03 AM »
Yeah my friend has done PayPal first which went straight to escalation and review from what I heard. Will ask when I'm back home as I'm out and about now xx

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 03:17:17 PM »
Sounds as if this may be something that may get turned over to police if people aren't refunded. So I would definitely file a case/complaint through both Etsy and PayPal.

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 03:34:27 PM »
Wow, that's awful!  :-S   I almost bought something from her too, but while I was debating, all of them sold out. 
I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 03:38:25 PM »
Ok I just spoke to my friend and she said she filed the case on PayPal without alerting the seller. So, hope PayPal was able to actually freeze the funds and red flag this seller before she could do anything with cancelling etc. But I'm not sure how it works so I'm hoping too. It's still pended as "being reviewed by PayPal" since she filed it a few days ago. But will keep you guys in a loop. I really detest thieves!!!!!!!!!

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 03:19:29 AM »
She got me as well, I bought two. :( This is the absolute worst feeling, I was so excited about those ponies, but should have remembered that if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

I escalated my case with Etsy last week, but no response yet. I paid with a card (not paypal), so I filed a dispute with my bank at well.

Same here... I assumed I paid through Paypal but couldn't find the transaction IDs, finally realised I had checked the 'visa' option not the 'paypal' option, d'oh!  I hope my bank can help.

Sounds as if this may be something that may get turned over to police if people aren't refunded. So I would definitely file a case/complaint through both Etsy and PayPal.

That would be really good if the police are able to help, especially if anything goes wrong with anyone not getting refunded.  I don't know how it would work though, as the scammer and buyers would be in different states and different countries, but definitely something to look into :(  I didn't count how many items she sold - you reckon around 40, Aadra?  At $50 each that's $2000 (I think some were priced higher), not including all the postage, so it's a significant amount.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal