collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: International shipping tax  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: International shipping tax
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 11:02:26 AM »
Thank you all for understanding and thanks for clearing things up. Cause the last thing I want is to be seen as negative on these forums. You will likely hear from me in the Pony brag forum once she arrives :) All this trouble makes me value her even more :(

My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
Thanks again everyone. :) I <3 this group.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 12:06:04 PM »
I am so glad you guys are just looking for information and are working this out.

As you say you are relatively new to buying, Pierlala, I do just want to mention that the Netherlands is often mentioned as having one of the higher income duties (and very well caught). So if you are planning to purchase ponies over a certain value in the future, you may wish to calculate the extra the ponies are going to cost you each time. Just dont want you to get an unexpected surprise.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 12:43:03 AM »
Why do they charge customs fees in the first place? Like what is the point of even doing it?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 01:17:32 AM »
I seriously have no idea, because it's not a new item. Nor an item that I can start a business with or anything like gold, juwelry, audio or anything else considered "valuable". In the Netherlands they just find that if import something expensive, that you have to pay tax over it... :huh:
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 05:46:52 AM »
It's just another way to tax people. To try to get them to buy within the country instead of outside of it, I think. Mainly for the government to profit off of the people...as if governments don't profit enough. I think they get their biggest profit from the larger companies that import.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 08:39:46 AM »
Why do they charge customs fees in the first place? Like what is the point of even doing it?

It encourages people to spend money domestically (within their own country) rather than buying from abroad.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 10:04:41 AM »

It encourages people to spend money domestically (within their own country) rather than buying from abroad.

There should be an exemption for second hand goods tbh. Ponies are kinda weird in that while some of them might be worth big bucks to some of us to most regular people it's just a $2 used toy. If I was sending a Raunzel that I managed to score for $5 I'd put $5 because that is what it cost me and while it might be sad that I lose the extra profit if something happens at least I'm not in the hole.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 11:25:48 AM »
There are a few sorts of import payments terms which people tend to mix up in what they exactly have to pay. This a free translated info from Dutch custom site.

- clearance charges/import duties
- VAT (BTW in Dutch)/sales tax (omzetbelasting)

Depending on the value of the bought item you either have to pay both of them or just one of them.
On top of that it could be possible you will be charged with courier or insurance costs
Companies can also get a return of the sales tax if the item is meant for business activities.

Hope this clears it a bit up :)

I used to travel a lot to the USA and got home with lots of ponies and cd's. I always made sure most of them were unpacked/looked 2nd hand. Because I knew there was chance I had to pay extra for them if they decided to pick me out of the line or search my suitcase.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:33:29 AM by Barnacle_lady »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »

There should be an exemption for second hand goods tbh. Ponies are kinda weird in that while some of them might be worth big bucks to some of us to most regular people it's just a $2 used toy. If I was sending a Raunzel that I managed to score for $5 I'd put $5 because that is what it cost me and while it might be sad that I lose the extra profit if something happens at least I'm not in the hole.

Unfortunately its not as simple as it being down to the item. Its the fact you are spending your money on something outside your domestic market. The item doesn't matter...the fact your domestic economy is seeing none of that money is the issue. The tax is the charge for carrying out a transaction more than the tax on the item.

Having spent a terrifying amount of money (along with all UK members no doubt) on the customs charges, I will admit that nothing frustrates me more. Unfortunately in a few countries these crazy high import duties are the price of collecting.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal