collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are you a night owl or a morning person?  (Read 6239 times)

Wadatsumi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Are you a night owl or a morning person?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 12:23:16 PM »
In Germany it is also very common for people to nap after lunch - not at work, but on weekends or in their vacation. In kindergarden they also take the children to bed after lunch for a nap. I never liked that and never did, even as child when I was forced to lay down after lunch myself.

As far as I can say about my sleeping patterns: I WAS a night owl, but since our daughter Fenja was born in April, sleeping long in the morning is over, so I have become a morning person, not staying up for so long anymore....  :P

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 12:42:08 PM »
I am pretty sure we took naps in kindergarden as well.

But In china, at least in my location - most places close for lunch from 11ish-2ish. Even High schools, although I dont think they all go home for a nap. Big supermarkets and places like KFC stay open though. I dont mind the naps but I HATE the split shifts. If I go home, then I expect to be done for the day. Plus whenever I nap it tends to be for hours at a time not 45 minutes
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 01:31:23 PM »
I am pretty sure we took naps in kindergarden as well.

But In china, at least in my location - most places close for lunch from 11ish-2ish. Even High schools, although I dont think they all go home for a nap. Big supermarkets and places like KFC stay open though. I dont mind the naps but I HATE the split shifts. If I go home, then I expect to be done for the day. Plus whenever I nap it tends to be for hours at a time not 45 minutes

Wow, I would totally hate that. Like you, when I get home, I want to stay home. I don't wanna go back to work, LOL. Even on the days I go out for lunch at work, when I leave Taco Bell or McDonalds I just want to drive in the opposite direction and not go back.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline nemubones

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • With every mistake We must surely be learning -GH
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
Mostly a night owl since I've been switched back to the late shift at work for the last 2-3 years.  :yawn: Mornings were great since it went by faster and I got more done. 

Online Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 08:16:55 AM »
I guess I'm a bit of both. I think my natural sleeping cycle would be something like 1 am to 10 am. Getting to bed before midnight is extremely difficult for me! However, I prefer working 9 to 5 so that I can save those evening hours for my hobbies, which means I have to get up at 7.30 or so. Getting out of bed is often hard, but I'm not the grumpy type - I'm good as soon as I get my eyes properly open and have had some coffee and something to eat. The hardest part is not hitting snooze for the fifth time. :P Whenever I wake up early I do enjoy the peace and quiet of the morning hours. I kind of wish I could wake up early without the alarm clock but sadly that rarely happens. 

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline HappyHounds

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 10:00:38 AM »
Early bird!

What time do you wake up on a typical day? - 5:30 or 6:00 AM
What time do you go to sleep?  - 8:30 or 9:00 PM
What are your feelings about naps? - No thank you!
Previously known as: PeaxhyPie

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2016, 10:27:00 AM »
What time do you wake up on a typical day? Around 7:00- 7:30
What time do you go to sleep? around 11:00
What are your feelings about naps? Yes please!

I'm a mid afternoon into evening person, I think. I'd rather sleep later & stay up longer but I have too much adulting to do what with my job and all. I do like a nice nap, though.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline sparkykandy

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2016, 06:18:25 PM »
I'm a natural night owl that doesn't like to go to bed till midnight (or even later) on the weekends, but I try to go to bed earlier on weekdays since I have to wake early for work.  It's not fun.

What time do you wake up on a typical day?
-6:30am on weekdays because of work.  On weekends I may wake up before noon, but I tend not to get out of bed before then.

What time do you go to sleep?
-Around 10pm (or I try to) on weekdays.  Around midnight on weekends.

What are your feelings about naps?
-I am incapable of napping for just 30 minutes or an hour.  If I nap, it's for at least a few good hours.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2016, 08:36:33 AM »
I am definitely a night owl by nature, my mom is the same way.  Unfortunately I have to be at work at 9am, although my last job I had to be there at 7:30am so this is an improvement.  I would probably be most happy when getting up around 11am or 12pm. I noticed that when I go on vacation I revert back to my "natural" sleep pattern.  I am also more creative at night and feel more alert/alive at night. 

Through the week I wake up from 6:30-7am(I hit snooze a lot!).  My goal is to be in bed by 10:30, but I don't think I have ever made that goal :( it is usually 11 ish to 12 ish through week.  I am always tired and exhausted and I hate it.  I feel like I never have any energy :(

Naps are great, although, I never have time to take one through the week. I used to take naps a lot when I still worked at the animal hospital on the weekend.  When it was weekend we would have to go in the morning and the evening to take care of the animals, so I was usually tired so I took a nap in between those times.  I don't take naps as often unless my husband works on the weekend, because otherwise we just wake up when our bodies are ready to wake up which was around 10am today.  Also for me to take a nap it is usually 3 hours long or else it is just a waste of time lol.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2016, 12:42:10 PM »
Early bird. 6:30am -7:30 every morning when I wake up. I'm in bed by 10pm.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2016, 09:23:27 PM »
Morning now. Use to be night person..
:accomplished:

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2016, 12:24:11 PM »
Morning person, definitely. I start work at 8, and I'm at my most productive in the morning. When I have to get up in the morning, I'll usually be in bed by 9 or so, though I'm happy to stay up longer when I'm meeting up with friends or something like that. On the weekends, I sleep longer, but how long depends on what I've got planned for the day. I try to have at least one day when I can have a lie-in, which tends to be Sunday.

I sometimes take naps on the weekend, usually when I had to get up early in the morning (to go to a car boot sale, for instance). I'd never heard of those "forced naps", Tikibirds, and I'm quite glad we don't have those here. Naps are one of those little weekend luxuries for me.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 10:23:22 AM »
Night Owl.. I've never been a morning person..

That said.. I previously stayed up til 3 - 4 am on the weekends.. now it's more like midnight - 1 am.. LOL

I'm getting old!  >_< :lol:

CottonTALE

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2016, 10:35:21 AM »
I'm more of a night owl by-force. I set my alarm to be within the 10am-11am range so I can wake my boyfriend up so he isn't so groggy for work (he works 5pm-1am) and generally I fall asleep around 2am, so I still get a good 8-hours of sleep in.

Generally I don't take naps anymore since i'm constantly on-call for the hospital for shifts during the week.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2016, 02:40:01 PM »
I am most definitely a night owl! Hate mornings..

If I don't have get up for work I will happily stay up until one a.m and sleep until 10.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal