collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay: Error message prevents me from bidding??  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
eBay: Error message prevents me from bidding??
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:52:26 PM »
I'm trying to bid on a cake pan that is being sold by someone in the UK. I'm figuring, I've bought ponies from the UK before, this shouldn't be a problem! And the seller ships to the USA! Also not a problem!

And eBay isn't letting me bid. I'm receiving an error message:

"We are sorry but the item you selected may not be purchased due to Seller shipment restrictions, country specific import/export or other relevant restrictions.
{e50824-842132}, Action: 843132
(.Trading 12310)

(Please note that the part in between the {} brackets is in greyed text in the message I'm receiving.)

This is the first time I've ever received this message. I sent the seller a message asking if S/he had any thoughts on the problem, and thought I'd also post here to see if anyone here know what the hay that even means??

Many thanks! :)

(Edited for autocowrecks.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:54:13 PM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Re: eBay: Error message prevents me from bidding??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 09:18:20 PM »
I think that happened to me once.  I asked the seller to recheck their shipping options.  They did something (clicked/un-clicked a box  :wonder:) In the end, I was able to bid!
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 05:02:01 AM »
I'd message the seller and explain the situation. It could be something they need to adjust, or it could be an ebay glitch. I cant think why a pan would be restricted due to the UK PO but I'll have to double check in case  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 01:28:41 PM »
The seller has no idea. Unfortunately I've run out of time to ask eBay; it ends in 13 minutes now. I'll have to hope she realists the item and contact eBay about it then, I guess. :(

ETA: how do you contact eBay these days, anyway? I'm not seeing anyway to do so from the app. :huh:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:36:33 PM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 01:24:56 PM »
You know I have not gotten any errors in bidding on UK items, but I will admit that in the last month when I have clicked on auctions on ebay the listing will suddenly say "item unavailable."  If I refresh the page the item is available.  If I check it an hour later its still available. I wonder if ebay is having site errors because, I have not even been able to look at photos properly either on certain things.  I have no plans to buy anything, but I love to look and have noticed a lot of these weird like problems lately. I don't know if maybe its the same thing for you.  Just thought I would mention it.  I am also noticing when I do searches the same item appears in the middle of each page over and over which is odd too.

To contact ebay you have to go with the help and contact button which is on the main site don't know about the app.  They have a list of customer service issues you have to choose from and sometimes they will give you a number if you issue warrants a call and sometimes they will not. It just depends on what you pick.  I miss the chat button they use to have.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:27:23 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 03:12:44 PM »
You know I have not gotten any errors in bidding on UK items, but I will admit that in the last month when I have clicked on auctions on ebay the listing will suddenly say "item unavailable."  If I refresh the page the item is available.  If I check it an hour later its still available. I wonder if ebay is having site errors because, I have not even been able to look at photos properly either on certain things.  I have no plans to buy anything, but I love to look and have noticed a lot of these weird like problems lately. I don't know if maybe its the same thing for you.  Just thought I would mention it.  I am also noticing when I do searches the same item appears in the middle of each page over and over which is odd too.

To contact ebay you have to go with the help and contact button which is on the main site don't know about the app.  They have a list of customer service issues you have to choose from and sometimes they will give you a number if you issue warrants a call and sometimes they will not. It just depends on what you pick.  I miss the chat button they use to have.

I have gotten similar errors like you have experienced. Even last night when I went to check how many free auctions left out of the 50 I had it said I had all 50 remaining and I hadn't used any. Yet 15 minutes later the correct amount was back up. So strange.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal