collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Return on Ebay - Seller Confusion  (Read 751 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Return on Ebay - Seller Confusion
« on: July 13, 2016, 06:52:15 AM »
So I bought TAF Yum Yum from ebay and it arrived smelling strongly of smoke which was not in the description, so I requested a return.  The seller appears to be a newbie with 29 feedback and said she bought it from a garage sale but that is not an excuse for why she didn't mention the smell. 

Anyways, the seller is set to not take returns, so I requested one thru ebay.  Well its been a few days now, so I messaged the seller and asked if she is going to accept my return.  She messaged back she has no idea what I am talking about and does not know how to do that.  I thought ebay would send her a message and she has to accept my return before I send it back right?  Then I can like print a label? 

Update:  So the seller emails me the email she received from paypal with my initial purchase.  I let her know that this has nothing to do with the return.  I told her she should call ebay for assistance.  I feel like hitting my head on something hard :/  This seller is making this more difficult than it has to be!

2nd Update:  So seller is upset now saying this is out of control.  She is just going to give me a refund and I can quote "throw the pony away if I want."  Wow.  By the way her name is rodamleean and I would avoid her at all costs.  Obviously she cannot be bothered to call ebay for assistance and can not take responsibility for a pony smelling of smoke. I tried to explain to her that the refund system is setup to protect the buyer and seller but apparently she doesn't care.  Smh.

3rd Update:  She is only going to refund me for price of pony and not shipping, but says I can keep the pony.  However, she claims she sent in a good faith.  I just explained to her how misleading it is to a buyer not to let them know about the smell of smoke whether she did it directly to the pony or not. I don't think she thinks she did anything wrong. I guess some people will never learn. :/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:36:10 PM by apanda0622 »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Return on Ebay - Seller Confusion
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 07:21:06 AM »
Is there a time limit for the process of accepting the return?  I went through this process once but, I can't remember.  I feel if she doesn't accept your return you just need to open a case with ebay for item not as described and you will then return your pony and get a refund if she responds.  If she does not respond to the case you may not have to do anything with the pony.  It doesn't matter if she doesn't take returns and it sounds like she is new and probably doesn't know how to navigate her seller account to even see where she needs to click to accept a return.  I have never gotten a label from ebay for a return.  I am not sure if she gets a notice or not, but it should show up on her seller account.  Since I have started selling no one has ever requested a return so I have no idea what it is like on the sellers side.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:24:36 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 07:25:39 AM »
I just went through this recently. She should have gotten some kind of notification from Ebay that you had initiated the return and the option to respond to it, ask questions, request pictures if applicable etc... If she doesn't accept the return since the item did not arrive as described open a case with Ebay. Once you open the  case Ebay will decide in either yours or the sellers favor - mine it only took 12 hours for them to issue a decision in my favor. Then they will have you print the shipping label. Once tracking shows that the item has been delivered they will issue your refund.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 07:26:45 AM »
I think this explains the process too pretty well.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html

It says that you can get help from ebay after 3 days of a seller not responding to your request to return.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:29:14 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 09:16:01 AM »
I just went through this recently. She should have gotten some kind of notification from Ebay that you had initiated the return and the option to respond to it, ask questions, request pictures if applicable etc... If she doesn't accept the return since the item did not arrive as described open a case with Ebay. Once you open the  case Ebay will decide in either yours or the sellers favor - mine it only took 12 hours for them to issue a decision in my favor. Then they will have you print the shipping label. Once tracking shows that the item has been delivered they will issue your refund.

Okay this is exactly how I thought it worked!  She said she would accept the return but she doesn't know how even though I told her ebay should have sent her a message. She has until July 15 to respond to my return or I can open a case.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 02:31:09 PM »
I think at this point I would just follow through the ebay process. Smokey smelling ponies are always an issue - some sellers may not even realise they smell when others actually dont realise it matters. But in this case your buyer just seems unwilling to understand. Just do as ebay says and as soon as the item is redelivered you will get your refund for full value. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal