collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help and advice needed with selling My Child doll  (Read 817 times)

Offline SnowCastle

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Help and advice needed with selling My Child doll
« on: July 13, 2016, 03:18:46 AM »
Hi

I am downsizing my collections and wanted a bit of advice on a particular My Child doll. Looking at ebay, the prices seem to vary wildly and I have no clue how much this particular doll is worth.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated as I don’t want to set the price too high or too low. Here is the description and pictures are here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/snowparadise/library/Trade%20and%20sale/My%20Child%20Doll

“The doll is in overall great condition but does have the odd small grubby spot here and there. She comes with dress, knickers, hair band, socks and shoes (not My child, dress is marked “Bear Factory”). I am also not sure if she has had a face lift but there does appear to be a few hard to see stitches at her neck (see pictures).

Please note that the item has been careful stored in a loft for a period of time and may therefore have a faint musty smell which should fade over time once aired.”

Incidentally if anyone is interested in her give me a pm xx
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help and advice needed with selling My Child doll
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 05:07:59 AM »
She is so beautiful I always wanted a red headed my child. I hope you find information on her and she finds a loving home.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 05:37:57 PM »
I collect MC dolls but I'm no expert, especially on MC dolls sold outside the USA. I know that some dolls have longer hair and different styles outside the USA but I'm not sure on specifics or what country.

You might want to check facebook because there are groups there who have members who are much more indepth collectors who'd know for sure which one you have and what the value is.

Like I said, I collect but I'm not up and up on what is rare or htf. Most of mine I've bough at flea markets besides the original 3 I  bought/given new back in the 80's.

Some MLP collectors know I collect and ever once in a while I'll get a PM or see another collector at a meet who has found one. They tend to charge me anywhere from $25-75 depending on condition.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline SnowCastle

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 11:00:05 AM »
Thanks for the help - will check out the Facebook groups and see what they say :)

Cat xx

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal