collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: California Fairs?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline BryteStar

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • Plastic Ponies of BryteStar Farms
California Fairs?
« on: July 04, 2016, 07:35:17 AM »
Does anyone know of any pony fairs that happen in California? Google was not much help to me as it kept bringing up "brony conventions" which is...not exactly what I was looking for. (No offense meant, it's just not my speed!) I did happen to find one in LA but that's still a whole days drive away from me, argh! I'm pretty limited on travel and would like to find one somewhere North of SoCal if I can.
Any ideas?  :what:
:good: Brytestar loves Starcatcher:enthralled:
:rainbow: Aspiring Pony Princess :rainbow:

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
Re: California Fairs?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 12:49:20 PM »
The MLP Fair is pretty much the only convention in North America for collectors.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 02:25:20 PM »
Sometimes people organize local meets, much smaller in scale but always tons of fun judging by the pics they post afterward. :) I think there might be an area somewhere on the arena or over on the MLPTP for finding and/or judging interest in holding them? (I mostly stick to the "big" fair topic and sometimes peruse the front page of the Corral, so am not super familiar with all the specific areas here)

Just a thought that occurred to me... Has anyone ever posted a tutorial type thing with suggestions and tips on how to organize a meet?

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • Toy Collector on Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 03:55:56 PM »
I know there was a small meet around Santa Cruz, but I haven't been yet :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Takara Ponies & Clothing

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 04:01:04 PM »
There is usually a CentralCal meetup every year around May. This year was unable to happen due to the usual host being unable to host. I always drove down for it despite living in the Sacramento valley. It'd be awesome to have a pony meet closer to me. But it takes a lot of work I don't think I can do.

Offline BryteStar

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • Plastic Ponies of BryteStar Farms
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 02:32:41 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone! Nina, it sounds like you live in my area, I'm in the Sac region too. :) I'd be willing to start some kind of meet if i could get more experienced helpers!

As such, I think thats a great idea, Moonstars. I wouldn't even know how to start! :D
:good: Brytestar loves Starcatcher:enthralled:
:rainbow: Aspiring Pony Princess :rainbow:

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 11:50:10 PM »
There are a couple collectors in the area. 2 years ago we met at a restaurant for a little meet and greet before car-pooling to the big pony meet. I never really kept in touch but I'm totally down for a get together.

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »
For the record, BABScon (a San Francisco brony convention) had two people selling lots of nice g1s and g3s this year. Not saying you want to buy membership to a convention just because of a few pony vendors, but I've gone for the past three years and had lots of fun, and you can get a one day pass. (Of course fun at conventions is all about meeting fun people, and if you don't know any bronies I can understand your reservations; there were a few g1 oriented pony panels last year, though.)

I talked to TheNewGrayMare (that's her name on Tumblr, and I'm guessing on here too but I'm not sure?) while she was selling ponies at Babscon this year and she said to follow, I think, the pony fair facebook because the organizers had noticed so much interest in a pony fair from west coasters and were considering starting another one over here. Please take that with a very large grain of salt, though, I may be mis-remembering what site she suggested I check and certain details. But if it's true I'd be so excited!

Is there a pony meet in Santa Cruz? I love it there and I live in the SF Bay Area, so it's not a huge drive for me. I know Followingponies lives there too, I visited him recently and we nerded out about ponies and then hung out at the Boardwalk. It was nice.

Are you guys interested in a low key Bay Area pony meet? Maybe just even in a cafe or something. I have a few spares I can bring to trade, it would be fun.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • Toy Collector on Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »
For the record, BABScon (a San Francisco brony convention) had two people selling lots of nice g1s and g3s this year. Not saying you want to buy membership to a convention just because of a few pony vendors, but I've gone for the past three years and had lots of fun, and you can get a one day pass. (Of course fun at conventions is all about meeting fun people, and if you don't know any bronies I can understand your reservations; there were a few g1 oriented pony panels last year, though.)

I talked to TheNewGrayMare (that's her name on Tumblr, and I'm guessing on here too but I'm not sure?) while she was selling ponies at Babscon this year and she said to follow, I think, the pony fair facebook because the organizers had noticed so much interest in a pony fair from west coasters and were considering starting another one over here. Please take that with a very large grain of salt, though, I may be mis-remembering what site she suggested I check and certain details. But if it's true I'd be so excited!

Is there a pony meet in Santa Cruz? I love it there and I live in the SF Bay Area, so it's not a huge drive for me. I know Followingponies lives there too, I visited him recently and we nerded out about ponies and then hung out at the Boardwalk. It was nice.

Are you guys interested in a low key Bay Area pony meet? Maybe just even in a cafe or something. I have a few spares I can bring to trade, it would be fun.

I was at Babscon this year too and I know one of the g1 sellers drove very very far to sell, so she wasn't local. I've been kinda disappointed in the G1 pony panels, I guess mainly because they do tend to poke fun at the early gen ponies a bit XD
I hope they make a west coast fair! I'm in the SF Bay Area too, and a meet closeby would be awesome!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Takara Ponies & Clothing