collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your FAVORITE thing about the 2016 fair!!  (Read 1972 times)

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
Your FAVORITE thing about the 2016 fair!!
« on: July 12, 2016, 04:21:49 AM »
... you can  have more than one! From your best deal, meeting a new friend, finally meeting an arena friend face to face, the games, the guests, the panels, the staff sale, the dinner, the renegade dinner, the pre meet, the random trading in the lobby... Whatever! What was your random favorite fun moment of the fair?

Ok... Mine... Of course randomly meeting mermaid. Love you boo! Watching one of my students experience the fair for the first time (I'm a private music instructor... I randomly mentioned to one of my students that the fair existed and before I knew it the whole family was signed up for the fun! So precious to see a 10 and a 7 year old just swoon at all the pink and glitter!!!)

... Ps if anyone was at the costume contest and saw little pinkie pie do a cartwheel and a split on stage... That was my student! Full disclosure... Apparently her mom didn't know that she was going to do that. Oops! You have to love a strong willed child
:biggrin:

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • Etsy
Re: Your FAVORITE thing about the 2016 fair!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 04:54:06 AM »
Oo! My husband and I made a list of highlights on the car rise home:

1) Getting to spend more time with fair staff- Summer & Matt, Kevin & Michael, kitkat, mlp whitney, sebby, ekamper and the rest! :heart:
2) Buying Argie Baby Moondancer for my sister
3) Getting surprised by a Sunbeam radio from my sister (it works!)
4) Seeing the rest of my pony friends! :heart:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:10:45 PM by ponyqueen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+46)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 05:22:28 AM »
So hard to pick! Getting so many winter ponies and amazing art was so awesome! Another of my favorite things was when I gave a girl two McDonalds G2 ponies from my childhood that I wanted to give to a good home, she later drew me a picture of them with a message "thanks for the ponies" and gave it to me the next day. I was so touched! I'm so glad I decided to give them away rather than try to sell them for a few bucks. She is a talented artist and won the child art category with her "gift for Bonnie".
Sig by Corona, Avatar by Witch
Wish List

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 05:26:42 AM »
... you can  have more than one! From your best deal, meeting a new friend, finally meeting an arena friend face to face, the games, the guests, the panels, the staff sale, the dinner, the renegade dinner, the pre meet, the random trading in the lobby... Whatever! What was your random favorite fun moment of the fair?

Ok... Mine... Of course randomly meeting mermaid. Love you boo! Watching one of my students experience the fair for the first time (I'm a private music instructor... I randomly mentioned to one of my students that the fair existed and before I knew it the whole family was signed up for the fun! So precious to see a 10 and a 7 year old just swoon at all the pink and glitter!!!)

... Ps if anyone was at the costume contest and saw little pinkie pie do a cartwheel and a split on stage... That was my student! Full disclosure... Apparently her mom didn't know that she was going to do that. Oops! You have to love a strong willed child

My favorite part was meeting you and the hubby too!! Also lori lei redfern, sue and sandy and clipper! You guys made my weekend!!! I cannot wait till we meet again boo! Hopefully you are using the new catch phrase "get blank" all the time!

Other highlights: the goodies I purchased! Many thanks to the vendors for my new beautiful ponies!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 06:37:48 AM »
Where to start? 
Favorite thing- most favorite thing...
hands and hooves down, it is the people.
It's a time for making new friends and seeing old ones again, and each time it comes around, new memories- very special memories are made.

Summer, once again, you and the rest of the staff made this year completely WONDERFUL for a gathering.  You all deserve a million hugs.
It's never just the gathering though!  There are all the other folks that make the fair so especially unique every year.  I'm going to mention just a handful here in the spoiler tag, because without them, I really couldn't answer the question properly.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Happy memories, sometimes bittersweet ones too.  The people are the very best things for me, followed closely by the opportunity to find new elements to add to the collection.  On Ebay, acquisition often feels like getting just 'one more pony/ one more thing'.  At the fair though, there are individual memories, moments and feelings attached from meeting, buying and trading with friends, and that is something that is truly priceless.   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:40:51 AM by Sugarberry »

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 03:48:21 AM »
I love reading these! Keep them coming!!!
:biggrin:

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+381)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 06:35:48 PM »
Honestly my most favourite thing was vending with my best friend Prideth this year for the first time. After the last year just visiting I expected nothing from this year, so it was a great surprise that I really had that much fun, talking to everybody and meeting a lot of pony friends in person.

Thanks to shelvesofwhimsy for the adorable adult Takara dresses and for being so lovely...
Thanks to KarRedRoses and her hubby for just being awesome and giving my ponies a great new home...
Thanks to Mermaid for giving my ponies a great new home as well and for surprising me in a good way...
Thanks to Firehelix24 for two awesome trades and being so great...
Thanks to jrr74 for giving one of my customs a new home and for the baits for the next projects - love you...
Thanks to Cliper for lifting an awesome secret finally as well as getting me some intersting new projects to be realized...
Thanks to Roogna, Cookhuman, Sunshine, ponyqueen and her sister as wel as other collectors of meeting and talking to again

And finally thanks a lot Prideth and her hubby for spending a great and perfect weekend with me! I love you all girls and boys!

Offline mlppunk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »
I loved meeting mermaid  and talking till all hours at night I. The lobby Sunday :D you are too funny :P

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 10:51:46 PM »
I've actually never been to any fairs or anything, but I'd imagine it would be cool to meet new people.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 10:56:21 PM »
I loved meeting mermaid  and talking till all hours at night I. The lobby Sunday :D you are too funny :P

You too!! Cannot wait till next year! :)

And panda bear chan! Thanks for the beautiful ponies!!!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 03:16:40 AM »
Watching my daughter's jaw drop at all the Pony!
Talking to a mom at the pool while our spirited kid's played.  Did not get mom's name but her kidlet is on a swim team.
Jammie Party!! 

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 03:18:21 PM »
my favrtie ting was  seeing  everyone!  and meeting mermaid
ad also hanging out with mermaid sue and hte others <3 bowling was fun!

not to mention all the AWESOME  ponys i got from Tobi!! thank you so much they will   go in my pony room.
(i'm acuatly redoing my room to highlight some of hte  ponys i got this year!

getting  my first LARGE  Mia and  me unicorn from mermaid

helping to surprise everyone at the presntation

and getting   some awesome   stuff from Danielle. (my  sprinkles book!!)  and this awesome kitchen.

and  the joy  that it brought to me watching  amandas kids play with my little loafs i made. (and to everyone i    delviered htem to ^^)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+590)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 03:00:10 AM »
seeing my friends - especially international ones (Elfpony! Pandabear!) - and new friends like Ruben!
The contest entries (WOW) including costumes (OMG!)
so, yeah...ponies and pony peeps :)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+90)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 12:43:32 AM »
gosh i could not pick just one

loved meeting people i never saw before

amazing to meet the original g1 people who worked on the ponies

awesome panels

loved the amount of stuff i got to buy from everyone

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 05:38:58 AM »
Where to start? The people, the beautiful art and customs, the costumes ( which seem to get more amazing each year!),  poking through accessory bins, meeting people like Ruth Bush, Bonnie Zacherle and Katie Leigh; making kids happy with random free things, but...most especially I love seeing my kid mingle happily with people. "Pony people are so kind," he says every year when it's over (anyone who knows him will know that kindness is a trait he admires greatly.)