collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Looking for book recommendations, please!  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Looking for book recommendations, please!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 09:16:43 AM »
I second DragonLance.

Also:
Age of Fire series by E.E. Knight The first three books shares a tragic event from the perspective of one of three dragon siblings who each believe they were the sole survivor of said tragedy. They don't know they have living siblings and these books follow the growing up years of each hatchling afterwards.

All of the Requiem books by Daniel Arenson. There are many trilogies he's written about them. The Song of Dragons trilogy is the first. Requiem is the name of a culture of people who can turn into dragons. Weredragon is actually an insult to them and of course their enemies always call them weredragons and there's usually somebody wanting to wipe them out.

The Summer King Chronicles by Jess E. Owen. This is a series of four books about gryphons. One named Shard is prophesied to be the Summer King who will free his pride from one that conquered his pride long ago but he does a lot more than that.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:20:31 AM by Koudoawaia »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 10:27:40 AM »
Well I have loved the books in your original post so maybe we have some similar tastes in books.

I Highly HIGHLY recommend every book written by Robin McKinley.  I can personally vouch for the awesomeness of Sunshine, Shadows, Rose Daughter, The Hero and the Crown, the Blue Sword, Pegasus, Beauty; a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, Spindle's End.... and plan to buy and read through the rest asap!

They are fast paced, involve female heroines, and usually a liberal dose of magic. GOOD STUFF. SUCH GOOD STUFF!

The only complaint I have is that every time I get to the end of one of her books, I am sad to find there is not a second or third or fourth.  (Although a couple of them are essentially in the same world)

I also just enjoyed the Sarah Maas Throne of Glass books- the first couple better than the end ones. Not my favorite books of all time but worth a read.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »
I'm finally getting back into reading myself and am rereading Harry Potter. I would recommend Keri Arthur books especially the Riley Jensen Guardian series followed by her Dark Angel series set in the same world. They are paranormal action/romance. Also Jeaniene Frost's Cat and Bones series read in order including short stories and spin offs. These are some of my very favorites. Kickass female leads with vampires, werewolves and other paranormal creatures.

Christopher Pike books are good too if you want a nostalgic Jr. High feeling to paranormal and horror. My favorites are his Friends trilogy a who-done-it high school story with twists. The other is his Last Vampire/Thirst series even though I haven't read the newest additions to the series, just the original 6.

Lael Miller has a good vampire romance series.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal