collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Relaxation Emporium  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Relaxation Emporium
« on: July 08, 2016, 02:36:27 AM »
Hi ponies, I have recently had a few really stressful things turn up in my life so I've been trying to take relaxation more seriously. Sometimes it's hard to find that safe space to just relax.  I recently discovered relaxation music, it's so much better than it used to be!

This one is nice... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfON47drkM8

I put it on while I'm in the bath.

Anyone else have any good healthy relaxation techniques?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Relaxation Emporium
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 04:22:49 AM »
Oh dear Lord! I should not have played that with a headache! High pitched hurts! Anyway.... I watch my fish and light candles and take showers and read.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 04:37:38 AM »
Oh dear Lord! I should not have played that with a headache! High pitched hurts! Anyway.... I watch my fish and light candles and take showers and read.

Aww! Sorry, yeah it does have some high piano notes. I have been thinking about fish, maybe I should just try watching some on youtube  :P
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 04:44:15 AM »
LOL Yeah fish are awesome. So peaceful and calming to watch.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 08:11:42 AM »
I take a hot bath while Pixie sits on the side of the tub. She dips her tail in and paws/meows at me.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »
The classic breathing exercise does wonders to help me relax and also preventing me from getting overwhelmed in stressful situations. I just find somewhere quiet and take a few minutes to focus solely on breathing deeply in a slow, steady rhythm.
Ambient drone music helps a lot as well, just so long as it's uplifting. This album is a particular favourite; it's so restful and dreamy! https://noproblematapes.bandcamp.com/album/--9

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 10:59:48 PM »
I vacuum to relax sometimes.  :blush: Yes, I'm that strange. Depends on what is causing the tension. Yanking up weeds or some nice demolition works wonders on anger and frustration. Anxiety and depression respond more to upbeat music, dancing, baths, aromatherapy, and writing. Good old-fashioned, I work too hard, am exhausted, and my life is stagnant responds well to the bath, relaxation music, yoga, or sometimes a change as simple as a haircut.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 08:47:43 AM »
Sometimes ill try to colour but half the time it also stresses me out >>

Music can help for sure!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 02:26:35 PM »
I take a hot bath while Pixie sits on the side of the tub. She dips her tail in and paws/meows at me.

Aw!!

Post Merge: July 19, 2016, 02:27:40 PM

I vacuum to relax sometimes.  :blush: Yes, I'm that strange. Depends on what is causing the tension. Yanking up weeds or some nice demolition works wonders on anger and frustration. Anxiety and depression respond more to upbeat music, dancing, baths, aromatherapy, and writing. Good old-fashioned, I work too hard, am exhausted, and my life is stagnant responds well to the bath, relaxation music, yoga, or sometimes a change as simple as a haircut.

I hate vacuuming but sometimes I like other kinds of cleaning to relax.  I wash up in the mornings while my coffee is brewing.  I had a massage yesterday that seems to have shifted things a bit.

Post Merge: July 19, 2016, 02:28:34 PM

Sometimes ill try to colour but half the time it also stresses me out >>

Music can help for sure!

Exactly the same for me with de-flocking! It always seems like a great idea but then it's actually quite hard so sometimes it really stresses me out.

Update: I had a massage yesterday which was wonderful.  I also went to the beach today which was wonderful.  I paid £35 for the massage and my Mum paid a lot of money for the driving lesson.  But it was worth it, I drove 140 miles.  I think I'm getting better.  Achieving something like that is also relaxing!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:30:56 PM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »
A lot of people may think this is odd, but I really enjoy some of the "ASMR" videos: (The volume is very soft, you may need to turn up your volume to hear them.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WY0JWpKsdWQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2c4L6ovffg

Another odd thing that relaxes me is when my dog or cat is grooming/licking.  The soft licking sound relaxes me.

I hope this isn't *too* weird.   :blush:

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 05:24:41 PM »
Hmmm, looks like I killed the thread, lol!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 05:49:59 PM »
A lot of people may think this is odd, but I really enjoy some of the "ASMR" videos: (The volume is very soft, you may need to turn up your volume to hear them.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WY0JWpKsdWQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2c4L6ovffg

Another odd thing that relaxes me is when my dog or cat is grooming/licking.  The soft licking sound relaxes me.

I hope this isn't *too* weird.   :blush:

Hi! Sorry I forgot about this. Animals licking is super cute :heart: and thank you for the videos I'll check them out when i get on to a big screen.

Today I lit a fire in my fire pit and giggled at two hedgehogs having a naughty hedgehog time in my garden.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 10:13:04 AM »
The most relaxing thing to me is a bubble bath or a bath with some kind of scented oil. It really melts the tension away. I am a person with a lot of anxiety so it's really hard for me to relax.

Taking a good book into the tubs also aids the relaxation. Just don't drop it in the water and ruin it. :P

I agree that fish are relaxing but I've never been able to successfully cycle a tank. All my fish end up doomed.   I have successfully kept bettas. Maybe I should get one again.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 05:50:36 PM »
The most relaxing thing to me is a bubble bath or a bath with some kind of scented oil. It really melts the tension away. I am a person with a lot of anxiety so it's really hard for me to relax.

Taking a good book into the tubs also aids the relaxation. Just don't drop it in the water and ruin it. :P

I agree that fish are relaxing but I've never been able to successfully cycle a tank. All my fish end up doomed.   I have successfully kept bettas. Maybe I should get one again.

What is a Betta?

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 08:55:43 AM »
This is a betta:

https://www.petsit.com/facts-about-betta-fish

Actually one of the easiest fish to care for. All you need is a 2.5 gallon tank and a heater. Change the water every few days and they are happy as can be. And they are CUTE and beautiful.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal