collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay rant!  (Read 1066 times)

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
eBay rant!
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:06:53 AM »
I need to vent. Has anyone ever gone through this kind of situation before?  I purchased two funkos with the buy it now option and immediately used PayPal to pay. The seller messages me a few hours later and said they canceled my order and refunded my payment. They said the funkos were out of stock and relisted  in error.  I said that I was disappointed and frustrated by that and they responded in all capital letters that it was an error. I still haven't received my refund and it's been a week. Has anyone else ever gone through this?? :mad:
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: eBay rant!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:14:49 AM »
I don't know how long the refund process normally takes so it might be a case of paypal hasn't given the seller the money yet so they can't give it back to you yet. 

I haven't been through that personally but if it was me I would contact eBay and ask if it's normal for refunds to take so long.  It also lets them know that the seller is cancelling orders and if there's a pattern then they can (hopefully) keep them from doing it again in the future.  Part of me wonders if this is a scam because of the way they responded in all caps.  Responsible sellers would have realized that cancelling a paid for item would cause the buyer to be upset and not responded by "yelling".

Offline KC8114

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 07:29:54 AM »
I will definitely contact eBay. Thank you for the tip!  I wonder as well if it was a scam. It seemed like the seller was extremely defensive and the caps weren't necessary. Thank you again!

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 07:30:33 AM »
This happened to me recently with a Pinkie Pie's Boutique item I was buying. The seller cancelled the order. But it took like a week and a half - two weeks for everything to process between Ebay/Paypal/Discover.

I've had a few partial refunds that show up quite quickly. But the one cancelled order took forever.

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 08:23:49 AM »
From my experience all refunds takes 7 days. Your Paypal will normally show the refund as pending and then it will clear after a week or so. x

Offline KC8114

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 09:32:59 AM »
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate everyone's input.

Duenia, I'm sorry it happened to you too :(

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 09:58:35 AM »
Could have been a scam but more likely the seller is just an idiot.  (Scammers usually scam for more $$)

File a paypal or ebay dispute immediately to get your refund.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:53:30 AM »
In my case the seller was really nice, and as far as I know they did do what they were supposed to. It just seems like it was processed by carrier pigeon after it was issued. It stunk at the time but I actually ended up finding the item cheaper so it worked out.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 08:14:37 AM »
It takes a long time because a lot of payments/refunds are sent as e-checks, and have to clear before the funds are issued to you, and that's assuming the money had actually hit the seller's account before being returned to you.  Log in to your PP account and look to see if you have any refunds pending. 

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 12:10:52 AM »
It's what Skeen said, I called once when I sent a payment to the wrong email. It was refunded but didn't show up for about a week. It has to do with the transfer of funds from one account to the other then back again. The transaction isn't instant.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 02:21:38 PM »
Unfortunately its becoming more and more popular for small and large businesses to sell on ebay. In addition I have seen more and more people selling the same item over multiple platforms. As a consequence sometimes it is possible to get caught out and for something to no longer be available due to stocking or having been sold elsewhere. Its why ebay allows the "item no longer available" option to sellers for cancellation of an auction or BIN.

As for the refund - I wuold agree it can be a painfully long process sometimes :( I suspect you will need to give it a week.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal