collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 88958 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Gen 2 released February 16th!
« Reply #1170 on: March 28, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
OMG Haruna way to go!!! And Annie too, what lucky finds!! :D I've found only one totodile myself, and not even a lapras shadow, soooo I'm hoping today I'll find something fun, like maybe a shiny magikarp! ;) We can hope!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 28, 2017, 07:32:15 PM »
I saw Totidile on my nearby tonight! He was at the church that was about a block from my house. The problem was that it was 9:45 at night and the road the church is on doesn't have a sidewalk. And it's right by the interstate off ramp. Yeah... Totidile isn't worth getting hit by a semi truck.  :pout:

Omanyte has been spawning like crazy around out post office. I already had an Omastar before the event thanks to hatching a couple Omanyte from eggs. But I've caught enough wild Omanyte from this event to evolve a second (and stronger) Omastar!
I wonder why the post office? :lol: Great that you can get another Omastar! That's hard to do.

That area has always been a hot bed for harder to find Pokemon. Our post office is a historical building and now a Pokemon gym. Then there's a Poke Stop across the street and a second one a couple doors down. I don't know why, but I always find the best Pokemon in that little area.

Still no Lapras, but I have two 10k eggs I'm working on. One has less than 2k left to go.

sailorstitch

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 29, 2017, 09:34:36 AM »
Got an Upgrade as my 7th day Pokestop spin evolutionary item. :enraged:

I did find a Totodile when I got to work, though. Always gotta look for those silver linings in this game...
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 29, 2017, 01:50:00 PM »
I completed my first Poke Stop 7 day streak today! I couldn't believe how much stuff I got! My first evolution item is a sun stone.

I also hatched one of my 10k eggs and got a Mareep. Over by the Poke Stop I hit I found a wild Golduck that's stronger than the one I evolved and my first Pineco.

sailorstitch

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 29, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »
OOooo! Congrats!! I guess I'll try another park than my usual one before the event ends!
Congrats Haruna! Welcome to the Lapras club! ^.^
Haruna- Congrats on the Lapra! :D
OMG Haruna way to go!!!
Thanks so much!! :frolic:

I went out of my way this morning while driving to get a Houndour! Houndoom is a favorite of mine, so I'm excited! That's two days in a row having an actual shadow on my radar- crazy!
Oh, I want a Houndoom, too! I actually only knew of Houndour's existence before Pokémon Go (I think Houndour was in a Pokémon movie I saw as a kid). I walked my Houndour named Zuko to get enough candy and now I'm waiting on a good IV Houndour (might be a while).

I found the elusive Totodile on the way to work this morning. He was right outside a tunnel, so I tried but lost connection before I could catch him  :cry:
Oh, no! :( That's so sad.

I completed my first Poke Stop 7 day streak today! I couldn't believe how much stuff I got! My first evolution item is a sun stone.
Ooh, a sunstone! Are you going to evolve a Bellossom or a Sunflora?

Offline sailorstitch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 30, 2017, 07:28:52 AM »
Ooh, a sunstone! Are you going to evolve a Bellossom or a Sunflora?

I don't have enough candies for either right now. :P I'd rather have a Sunflora, but Oddish shows up around here far more often than Sunkern. We'll see who I get enough candies for first.

sailorstitch

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 30, 2017, 08:29:00 AM »
Sunkern seems to be pretty rare. I think I've seen/caught two since Gen 2 was released.

My 10k egg turned out to be a Larvitar! I'm so excited. Already at 20/25 candies for Pupitar. I may switch it to my buddy for those 5 candies then switch back to Scyther after. Much like my Dragonair, once I get Pupitar it may just be a Pupitar forever because I know I'll never see a Larvitar in the wild and probably won't hatch one again. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 31, 2017, 08:42:23 PM »
I've seen one or two Sunkern as well.....but not in quite a while.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 31, 2017, 09:31:24 PM »
My frustration is never having enough incubators!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 01, 2017, 05:03:02 PM »
OMG, incubators..... SO ANNOYING.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 01, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »
Incubators are one thing I will actually buy... just because i refuse to only walk one egg at a time!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 01, 2017, 08:44:30 PM »
I'll buy incubators for the rare occasions I have a 10k egg. Which means I'm usually only walking 1 egg at a time. Getting into gyms is hard around me so gold is hard to come by. And I try not to put too much real money into the game.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 02, 2017, 08:30:00 AM »
All of my 5k eggs from yesterday were either Phanpy or Poliwag. :cry:

I always have at least 5 incubators going, especially now that the weather is nice and I go walking outside more. They're the only items worth buying, imo. Thank goodness for the Google Rewards app. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 02, 2017, 12:46:52 PM »
I'll buy incubators for the rare occasions I have a 10k egg. Which means I'm usually only walking 1 egg at a time. Getting into gyms is hard around me so gold is hard to come by. And I try not to put too much real money into the game.
Yeah, I get most of my coins through gyms, too, in an effort to save real money and buy incubators, and it's slow going because getting into gyms has become harder and harder in my area (here comes a "woe is me" whine :P); two other teams have kind of "moved in," and the remaining gyms that are my color are filled up. One of these days I'll suck it up and put in the time to destroy the high-level other-team gyms, but it's a lot of time and potions and revives that I don't always have. Yesterday I was happy to find a gym guarded by just two Gyrados, though, a nice two-minute battle. One of them was a cool shiny Gyrados, so I was sorry to kick it out.

While I'm on the topic, a pet peeve of mine is teammates who put in Blisseys near the bottom of non-level-10 gyms. It's so hard to train against them. One gym I drove to after work with the intention of getting it up to level 8 or so; I saw that a battle was going on and then a teammate put in a Blissey right at the bottom. Argh. Friday I found a gym of my color and fought against a Gyrados and Blissey forever (and sometimes got past those) to level it up enough to put my own Pokémon in. I put a good prestiging-level Snorlax at the bottom so that hopefully another teammate wouldn't have as hard a time. PSA: If you put a Blissey in a gym, make sure it will fall near the top of the gym or that it's the very last Pokemon in a level 10 gym so that your teammates don't have to prestige against it. :P /rant over

All of my 5k eggs from yesterday were either Phanpy or Poliwag. :cry:
5k eggs are let-downs so often. :/ Mine lately have been several Staryu and Psyduck (very common here; maybe everywhere?). I was happy to get two Vulpix in a row lately; those have probably been my best hatches lately from 5ks. I think they should actually drop some of the G1s or make them less common in 5ks and add more G2s or something. I don't think Houndour hatches from eggs, for instance, and that would be a reasonable 5k hatch.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:51:45 PM by Haruna »

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 02, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »
I'm so sad to see this event is over! It rekindled my fading interest in the game (ever since the Johto Pokémon appeared they are everywhere, and I no longer see most of the first generation Pokémon that were abundant earlier*), and I had so much fun playing again, just like back when the game was launched :) I was sad to see the event is over, I could so imagine this being the default setup, as there are many water Pokémon I love.

*no offense against the Johtos, there are many I love also from among those, but the percentages in which these, and in which the older ones appear need some refining, at least in my area. And I'm especially sad about this because I am still missing quite a number of the original 150, and now it will be even more difficult to find them :( I basically only have a chance to play the game on my way to work and then back home after work hubby is totally not into this stuff and doesn't play the game, nor is he interested in me playing it, so if we go somewhere together it's not an option for me to play), so even though I started already back in July 2016 I'm still missing a lot.

During this one week I finally had a chance to evolve a few of my water Pokémon (Staryu, Slowpoke, Psyduck, Wooper and Omanyte), and also found new Pokémon (Remoraid, Octillery and Mantine), including Totodile and Lapras! The latter was an especially happy find - on Thursday morning I woke up and got ready to go to the Post Office to pick up a package before work. Not counting timezone differences I thought the event is already over (it was the morning of the 30th here already), so I only turned the game on after I left the PO and was on the way to the tram that takes me to work. The water Pokémon were still abundant (it was about 10 minutes to 9 AM here), and upon approaching the tram stop I noticed a familiar shadow in the nearby - a Lapras! Realising that this might be the only chance I ever see a Lapras, for the very first time in my gameplay I decided to go into a completely different direction compared to where I should be going, and track the Pokémon down. Fearing that 9 AM will be when the event is over, I ran, LOL :D In the end I did get to Lapras in time, and managed to catch it before the clock hit 9 - when, as I expected, all the water Pokémon disappeared :( It was a very fun and memorable ending to the event for me :)

Unfortunately I haven't seen any shinies, but at least I did get the chance to catch a bunch of Magikarp that are usually not too common on my route, and thus got closer to a Gyarados. I still only have a little less than 200 candies though, so this evolution is not going to happen very soon, LOL! :lol:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal