collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89097 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Gen 2 released today!
« Reply #1050 on: February 21, 2017, 06:44:40 PM »
Glad to hear everyone's got some great catches! I'm enjoying the Gen 2 Pokémon around here (grass and bug types and some others). I love my Furret collection the most. Strangely I also love the Dunsparces I've found. They're so weird and cute! I had no idea there were Pokémon like them before.

Soon I hope to evolve an Espeon and Umbreon. I've had three Eevees designated for that since last year, but I'm holding off . . . I just want to wait on it. It's more fun that way.

Apparently Togetic had a 1% catch rate, no matter which balls and berries were used...but I caught both of the ones I saw on Saturday and pretty easily too. They raised the catch rate up to 5% yesterday, according to Reddit. I feel kinda lucky.
Awesome! I kind of hope I never find a Togetic in the wild, lol, because it would almost certainly run from me. I'll just hopefully hatch a Togepi someday and walk it.

Has anyone else been suffering through the slower battles in gyms? I won back my place in a gym today and prestiged several others, but took rather heavy losses.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 21, 2017, 06:56:24 PM »
Wow, things have been amazing since the update!!! I just caught a Snorlax, Piloswine, Tentacruel, and evolved a bunch of pokemon today!!! I got like, seven pokemon I didn't have before!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 22, 2017, 08:30:15 AM »
I haven't done any gym battling in a while because while all the ones around me are Instinct, they're also all level 10 so I can't get in. -_- I have noticed lag when it comes to catching Pokémon, or even just having them show up on the screen. It's kinda annoying.

That's awesome, Aitsuki!

I hatched about 6 eggs over the weekend and 4 of them were Psyduck... I was angry about that until a Pichu hatched from one of them, and then a Mantine from the other. Yesterday I hatched a Phanpy. So it looks like things are getting better with my eggs, haha.

Also, announcement!

"Pikachu is ready to lead the Pokémon Day celebration in Pokémon GO. From February 26 at 1:00 p.m. PST to March 6 at 1:00 p.m. PST, any Pikachu you encounter in the wild will be wearing a festive party hat! The Pikachu you catch during that time will keep its party hat forever, so be sure to look for this special Pikachu during its short time in the wild."

This is from the official Pokemon site. I wonder what other things we can look forward to during the event?
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 22, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »
Question for you guys: So which Pokémon out of Gen 2 so far are your favorites? Have you caught them yet?

I haven't done any gym battling in a while because while all the ones around me are Instinct, they're also all level 10 so I can't get in. -_- I have noticed lag when it comes to catching Pokémon, or even just having them show up on the screen. It's kinda annoying.
Yeah -- just now I tried to catch a Totodile; the game gave me an error after freezing on the Pokeball screen. Thankfully he showed up in my caught Pokémon. The game hasn't been too glitchy for me after the initial launch day, though, thankfully. I have an iPhone, though, and it does the thing where it randomly closes the app sometimes. -_-

"Pikachu is ready to lead the Pokémon Day celebration in Pokémon GO. From February 26 at 1:00 p.m. PST to March 6 at 1:00 p.m. PST, any Pikachu you encounter in the wild will be wearing a festive party hat! The Pikachu you catch during that time will keep its party hat forever, so be sure to look for this special Pikachu during its short time in the wild."

This is from the official Pokemon site. I wonder what other things we can look forward to during the event?
Yeah! I hope they do a little event. It's always more fun when they do events and such. I read the Pokémon Go Reddit all the time and people have suggested things Niantic should do that would add interest to the game in the "slow" times, like adding NPC who would give you mini-quests and such. And, of course, player v. player battling and trading would be awesome.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 22, 2017, 11:16:20 AM »
Question for you guys: So which Pokémon out of Gen 2 so far are your favorites? Have you caught them yet?

I like a bunch of the Gen 2 Pokémon but... I don't think I'll be catching my ultimate favorite. I've heard Mareep is rare, and that eventually evolves into Ampharos (my favorite Pokémon) so... yeah. Crossing my fingers that one of the two 10k eggs I'm currently hatching turns out to be Mareep!

My favorite starter is Cyndaquil, so naturally I only have Chikorita and Totodile.

I do however have Phanpy, Togetic, Chinchou and a bunch of Furret, so I'm happy enough. ^.^

Yeah! I hope they do a little event. It's always more fun when they do events and such. I read the Pokémon Go Reddit all the time and people have suggested things Niantic should do that would add interest to the game in the "slow" times, like adding NPC who would give you mini-quests and such. And, of course, player v. player battling and trading would be awesome.

I agree! I also read the Pokémon GO Reddit every day and I love the idea of adding mini quests via a new NPC. Adding Gen 2 already got so many of my friends to get back into the game, so I hope these events will keep my friends interested for a little while longer. I like having people to Pokémon hunt with again!
Instagram / Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 22, 2017, 01:43:48 PM »
I hope Pikachu spawns more with this event! I've only seen one a handful of times.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 22, 2017, 03:47:25 PM »
Just got a Dragonair and Teddiursa in my neighborhood park!!! :frolic:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 24, 2017, 05:24:07 AM »
Story time!

Yesterday after work, I planned on walking around the school's campus since it has a nice mix of stairs/hills to get some exercise in. I open Pokémon GO as usual and see the shadow of a Dunsparce waaaay up the road at a church. I decide to drive past the church and go walking at the park instead since I'd be further away from the school.

I hop in the car and drive as slow as possible when I get near the church, so my phone wouldn't tell me I was going fast. Just as I'm approaching the church, a car ends up behind me and I speed up because I didn't want to slow them down. I decide to turn around and go by the church again to see if Dunaparce shows up. I turn around, drive slowly again, nothing. Frustrated, I just head back to the school since I'm going in that direction now.

I get out of the car, put my headphones on and start walking. I figure I'll just hatch some eggs before going home. I wasn't expecting to catch anything new because I hadn't all day. Suddenly a shadow appears on the nearby but I can't tell what it is. I start walking towards the stop that it's at and it hits me: MAREEP! I ran to the stop, which was up a hill, and I caught it! I didn't even realize until later that I had actually run UP a hill! I've never done that before. So not only did I get a Mareep, but I accomplished a fitness goal of mine.

Also noteworthy, I hatched a Skarmory and a Magby during the walk, both of which were new additions to my dex. This morning, there was a Cyndaquil on my nearby at the stop at the end of my street. My husband and I both got it, so now I have all three Gen 2 starters! :D
Instagram / Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 24, 2017, 10:22:10 AM »
I get out of the car, put my headphones on and start walking. I figure I'll just hatch some eggs before going home. I wasn't expecting to catch anything new because I hadn't all day. Suddenly a shadow appears on the nearby but I can't tell what it is. I start walking towards the stop that it's at and it hits me: MAREEP! I ran to the stop, which was up a hill, and I caught it! I didn't even realize until later that I had actually run UP a hill! I've never done that before. So not only did I get a Mareep, but I accomplished a fitness goal of mine.

Woohoo! :D Awesome catch, and awesome achievement!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 24, 2017, 07:18:46 PM »
Got a Houndour, Aipom, and Lapras today!!!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 25, 2017, 10:36:09 AM »
Apparently there's a Houndour nest at my local park, but 1) it's kind of hot out and 2) I have no car at the moment. Hrm. I hope I can get there before nests change. In other news, I'm collecting Chimchou when I can because I really want a Lantern, and I'm trying to decide which Gengar to power up -- both have very good and equal IVs, but one is already at 1380 with a good moveset (Shadow Claw/Sludge Bomb) and one is at 270 -_- with the best moveset, Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball. Decisions, decisions.

And I'll probably use the name trick to evolve an Espeon and Umbreon today. ^.^

I hope Pikachu spawns more with this event! I've only seen one a handful of times.
Yeah, that would be cool!

Just got a Dragonair and Teddiursa in my neighborhood park!!!
Whoa! Dragonair in the wild!

I get out of the car, put my headphones on and start walking. I figure I'll just hatch some eggs before going home. I wasn't expecting to catch anything new because I hadn't all day. Suddenly a shadow appears on the nearby but I can't tell what it is. I start walking towards the stop that it's at and it hits me: MAREEP!
Yay, Renia!! You got your Mareep! :frolic: Are you going to walk it and evolve it to get Ampharos?

Got a Houndour, Aipom, and Lapras today!!!
Awesome! I've kind of given up on catching/hatching a Lapras, I must admit. They just don't spawn in Florida and if eggs are somewhat Pokestop-dependent, the stops I'm going to don't give out Lapras eggs. *sigh* Maybe if trading ever comes I can trade regionals for a Lapras. If trading comes . . .

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 25, 2017, 03:07:05 PM »
Houndour seems to be moderately common around here, about as common as growlithe is/was; I hardly see any growlithes anymore, but houndour seems to have taken their spot! I am seeing a TON of sentrets, and our local Costco seems to be a nest for them; I probably catch 7 every time I'm there, minimum!

I got a chance to go to Disneyland a few days after Gen 2 rolled out, so I saw a TON of new Pokemon I'd never heard of before! I found a couple chimchou before I found a lanturn hanging out with them, a ton of the little spiders (had to google it, ariados!), and the first three starters! The only one who never appeared for me was chikorita, but I did get to catch a marill! Strangely enough, the only teddiursa I've ever seen spawned outside my local grocery store... XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Gen 2 released February 16th!
« Reply #1062 on: February 25, 2017, 08:56:50 PM »
I think the most common new ones around me are Houndour, Snubbull, Sentret, and Spinarak.  I also see a lot of Hoothoot and sudowodo, too. :)

And as soon as I get the right evolution item, I can evolve Sunkern!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:59:14 PM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Gen 2 released February 16th!
« Reply #1063 on: February 26, 2017, 12:22:07 AM »
I think the most common new ones around me are Houndour, Snubbull, Sentret, and Spinarak.  I also see a lot of Hoothoot and sudowodo, too. :)

And as soon as I get the right evolution item, I can evolve Sunkern!

Oh, WHOOPS! I was seeing spinaraks too, I assumed google meant the baby version when they said ariados... oops! :P Do we know yet where we get the evolution items? I've gotten some of the new fruits (which are so useful!!) from Pokestops, but I have no clue where to get the other stuff! I have enough candy to evolve my slowpoke to a slowking, but I need some other stone!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:30:13 AM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 26, 2017, 01:17:10 AM »
Yay, Renia!! You got your Mareep! :frolic: Are you going to walk it and evolve it to get Ampharos?

Of course! I'm so excited to eventually have my favorite Pokémon. I'm walking with Scyther first though, since I have two Metal Coats. Still kinda mad that I could've used a Kings Rock, Dragon Scale or Sun Stone but nope! I ended up with two Metal Coats. My guess is that I'll get an Upgrade next since, you know, I've never even seen the shadow of a Porygon before. That's just my luck. >_< On the one hand, I don't want to complain since I know people who haven't gotten evolutionary items, but...two Metal Coats? Really? I feel like the game is messing with me.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:27:40 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal