collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89125 times)

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2016, 02:26:10 AM »
I was out for a bit this morning and just had the GPS turned on without the wifi and was able to catch 4 Pokémon and find a handful of PokéStops. :)

I had no idea this'd work - thank you for mentioning it, or I would have never thought to give it a try! The tablet I just bought has a GPS, so I'll have to give it a shot. I might be too rural to find anything, but fingers crossed.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2016, 03:11:22 AM »
:) yah I was finally able to log into ptc.  I hope it stays up. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2016, 10:58:05 AM »
I ran into a Scyther while coming back from my oboe lesson. I ended up running out of Pokeballs attempting to catch it. How in the world do I get more Pokeballs without spending money? =/ I passed by like twenty Pokespots and I couldn't do much to interact with them... I was riding in a car, but still I don't understand how they work... I thought that's where we're supposed to get Pokeballs? =/

|My Collection|

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2016, 12:31:39 PM »
Today was a great day for Pokemon hunting!!! My coworkers are suuuuuper into it and on our lunchbreak we ALL drove up to the gym near walgreens and fought over the gym lol. We also went to chick fil a in the morning and my friends found some pokemon they were missing!

I had fun at the park today, I'm farming for magikarp since yeah 400 candies plus there's thar slim chance a wild one will appear. I ran into a beautiful slowbro on the swan boat ride LOLOLOLOLOL..... and his CP is 530! I've been taking over gyms with him and my Dragonair!!

OMG ANNNNDD I found a NINETAILS and caught it! I felt super lucky!!! My husband also went after fit but he was dumb and didn't use a berry on it....he actually blamed me for it Lololololol and we talk to walk off his jealousy that I got his favorite pokemon and he totally didn't xD Tomorrow is his day off and he is apparently getting back at me by going around clefairy hunting while I'm working my night shift lol.

We found a ghastly during the DAY as we passed by the morgue, we didn't get it of course and it was kind of creepy to be honest!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2016, 01:33:15 PM »
Sounds like a good day, Lala!

I had a great day with Pokémon too. I caught a very powerful Bulbasaur in the parking lot at Walmart, was able to catch enough Pidgey to evolve my Pidgeotto into a Pidgeot, caught three Vulpix, and two Seel. There were also others, but those were probably the best catches so far.

There are a billion Eevee in my house lol I have Jolteon already and almost enough Eevee candy to evolve another one.

I ran into my friend while I was at the mall, she was with her boyfriend and son trying to catch Pokémon and we had been texting each other all morning. It was just funny to run into her while also looking for Pokémon at the mall. We didn't even plan that!

Post Merge: July 09, 2016, 01:36:05 PM

I ran into a Scyther while coming back from my oboe lesson. I ended up running out of Pokeballs attempting to catch it. How in the world do I get more Pokeballs without spending money? =/ I passed by like twenty Pokespots and I couldn't do much to interact with them... I was riding in a car, but still I don't understand how they work... I thought that's where we're supposed to get Pokeballs? =/

When you get close enough to a Stop, you tap on it on the map and spin the icon. Pokeballs and other items come out that way, but you have to be close enough for the Stop to change shape on your screen. That's how you know you can interact with it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:36:05 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2016, 01:57:01 PM »
A friend shared this article on FB, maybe it could help shed some light for some? I'm still a Newbie to the entire Pokemon world lol

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/07/heres-some-tips-for-playing-pokemon-go/

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2016, 02:00:55 PM »

It's hard to get them in a car, especially if you are going over 20mph. You have to get lucky on the timing cuz it lags keeping up with the car speed.
 When you are close enough they change from little squares to circles and then.you click on them and spin them. You can click on them before they turn into circles but usually it says it's too far away.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2016, 02:05:13 PM »
I tried the APK of GO to see if I was interested in installing the actual app when we get it over here. I only managed five minutes of the game before the server collapsed, but I honestly didn't get into it at all. After I caught the starter, there was a Drowzee right in front of me I caught it and that's when everything stopped. I didn't manage to catch that there was a Pokemon stop and a gym a minute walk away from my house. I'll try it again if the servers are up, when I go out later to see if it's more entertaining that way, but I don't know. It's exactly what I was expecting and it's just not the kind of game I find entertaining.  :shrug:

The AR feature doesn't work on my phone. When I switched, there was no Pokemon in front of me? Anyone else have this problem? My phone is a Sony Xperia Aqua M4 so not the greatest phone around which is probably why (at least I can get it wet :P). I could try my iPod but I don't see that working much better since it isn't even a phone.

Like I said, I'll give it another chance when I can, but I see myself uninstalling and waiting to see if they update the app with extra content that makes me care that I caught a new Pokemon and want to raise it. I'm glad others are enjoying it though, have fun you guys.  :green:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:07:25 PM by aluke »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2016, 02:33:39 PM »
The AR feature doesn't work on my phone. When I switched, there was no Pokemon in front of me? Anyone else have this problem? My phone is a Sony Xperia Aqua M4 so not the greatest phone around which is probably why (at least I can get it wet :P). I could try my iPod but I don't see that working much better since it isn't even a phone.

It could be to the side. Like have to turn 90 degrees to see it or tilt up or down. I think I read some phones have arrows so you know which way to rotate. (some don't although..?)

Having AR off it'll always be front and center.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2016, 02:50:09 PM »

It could be to the side. Like have to turn 90 degrees to see it or tilt up or down. I think I read some phones have arrows so you know which way to rotate. (some don't although..?)

Oh, that is smart, I looked around a bit, but I didn't think to turn around or anything. I didn't see any arrows on my screen at the least. Thanks.

Edit: I tried turning around and nope. I got a pop up saying it couldn't detect where I was pointing or something so it's definitely an issue with my phone. Defeats half the fun of the game somewhat, but eh, I don't think it would have impacted my current opinion anyway. My house is overrun by Drowzee though, yikes.

Edit again: When the outline of a pokemon pops up indicating it's nearby, is it supposed to tell you which way to go to find the pokemon, or are you supposed to look around blindly? I have like eight pokemon close by but no indication where to look; not sure if it's related to my phone or just the way the game is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 03:49:44 PM by aluke »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2016, 04:38:47 PM »

Oh, that is smart, I looked around a bit, but I didn't think to turn around or anything. I didn't see any arrows on my screen at the least. Thanks.

Edit: I tried turning around and nope. I got a pop up saying it couldn't detect where I was pointing or something so it's definitely an issue with my phone. Defeats half the fun of the game somewhat, but eh, I don't think it would have impacted my current opinion anyway. My house is overrun by Drowzee though, yikes.

Edit again: When the outline of a pokemon pops up indicating it's nearby, is it supposed to tell you which way to go to find the pokemon, or are you supposed to look around blindly? I have like eight pokemon close by but no indication where to look; not sure if it's related to my phone or just the way the game is.

Bummer. >_< The only other thing I can think of is maybe that the gyroscope in the phone needs to be recalibrated? But some phones don't work with the AR option though. (I thought it wasn't even supposed to pop up as an option if that was the case though.)

For your other question... I'm not 100% sure since I haven't figured out how to go in the right direction. You can select the pokemon you want to track down, and walk a certain direction and see if the little footprints start to decrease. That's the only way you know if you are getting closer. I have read that if the bar blinks you are going in the correct direction? Not sure if it is true.

~~
I found a little spot on the other side of my city where there are 3 pokestops all together-- all with lures. :O *So* many people gathered there, it was very surprising. ^^; We were trying to be sneaky in the car and like 10 people waved at us.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:41:26 PM by banditpony »

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2016, 04:43:49 PM »
Question; is anyone playing this on a tablet and if so, what type/brand? Fiancé doesn't have a phone that can play it right now, and he's really bummed, so I was thinking of running out to get a cheap tablet for him as a surprise, but I would rather know it was a playable thing first lol

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2016, 05:52:09 PM »
I live right by a university and there are probably easily 100 Pokestops, there's just one after another after another after a few feet. It's amazing. I only saw one with a lure so far. People were everywhere out with their phones, mostly guys though, I was surprised I didn't see more females.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2016, 06:09:59 PM »
I live out in the middle of no-where and needless to say it's true that there is nothing out here :( I've only been able to get pokemon on my breaks at work today.. which is sad.. If I had thought about it I would have gotten some while I stopped by gamestop the other day
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »
When you get close enough to a Stop, you tap on it on the map and spin the icon. Pokeballs and other items come out that way, but you have to be close enough for the Stop to change shape on your screen. That's how you know you can interact with it.
It's hard to get them in a car, especially if you are going over 20mph. You have to get lucky on the timing cuz it lags keeping up with the car speed.
 When you are close enough they change from little squares to circles and then.you click on them and spin them. You can click on them before they turn into circles but usually it says it's too far away.

Thank you, both.

How in the world were we supposed to know to do that, though? =/ I did get close enough in range to have a number of the Pokespots change shape, but how was I supposed to know I was supposed to spin them instead of just tapping them?

This game needs to explain things a little better. =/

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal