collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 87686 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »
I got so excited when I saw this thread and immediately downloaded the app... but so far it's been a letdown because we're too far out on acreage and there are absolutely no Pokemon to be found.
My boyfriend was saying that he'd see what he could find on the way to/from work, I'm guessing when I head home I'll find more in the suburbs...
I thought Pokemon would just be random everywhere, perhaps more so outside of heavily populated areas, so I won't get to properly try it out for a few days *pout*
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:58:58 PM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2016, 08:47:31 PM »
Hey, so has anyone else seen pokestops with cherry blossom petals raining from it? Literally down the street there was one. We drove by it on my way to work, couldn't stop by, but there were cars parked in that location parking lot something neat might have been going on....that I probably just missed out on.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2016, 08:55:38 PM »
I just now downloaded it and I'm ready to get started! If you live in a small town are there gyms and plenty of Pokemon there or does it make you go to other towns?

Theres a lot in my town, within just a few blocks I've caught like 60!
I live in a two with 300 people. I've been worried the small area will mean less critters

Post Merge: July 07, 2016, 09:41:51 PM

Nope no Pokemon and I live in a farm with 400 acres of tall grass! We are gonna have to go in higher pop areas
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:41:51 PM by Maddie »
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Princess Lala

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2016, 01:26:50 AM »
Waaaaaah I'm trapped at work and all of us see vaporeon up at Applebee's down the street! Aaaahhhhh wantwantwantwantwant!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2016, 01:50:48 AM »
I got so excited when I saw this thread and immediately downloaded the app... but so far it's been a letdown because we're too far out on acreage and there are absolutely no Pokemon to be found.
My boyfriend was saying that he'd see what he could find on the way to/from work, I'm guessing when I head home I'll find more in the suburbs...
I thought Pokemon would just be random everywhere, perhaps more so outside of heavily populated areas, so I won't get to properly try it out for a few days *pout*

Nope no Pokemon and I live in a farm with 400 acres of tall grass! We are gonna have to go in higher pop areas

:brow: That's so weird. I can understand certain places not having gyms and such, but that is so unfair that people in rural areas are excluded from playing at all. Hopefully it's just new app issues and will be playable for you guys soon; maybe submit feedback about it?

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2016, 04:26:47 AM »
None show up in the little rectangle in the bottom corner at all? That sucks!  Also make sure you check at different times of the day, some only come oit at certain times?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2016, 04:55:15 AM »
Hey, so has anyone else seen pokestops with cherry blossom petals raining from it? Literally down the street there was one. We drove by it on my way to work, couldn't stop by, but there were cars parked in that location parking lot something neat might have been going on....that I probably just missed out on.

Someone used a lure at that location. It's good for everyone for about 30min

u.u I haven't been able to log in for 18 hours. So bummed

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2016, 05:01:19 AM »
None show up in the little rectangle in the bottom corner at all? That sucks!  Also make sure you check at different times of the day, some only come oit at certain times?

We're less than an hour from the city here, not completely rural Australia but absolutely nothing in the nearby Pokemon tab in bottom corner.
We actually took a drive in this evening and there were plenty of Pokemon nearby on the motorway (so at least I know how it works now) but I could only get close enough to catch them in the suburbs.

I also saw a pokestop with cherry blossoms, we slowed to try and catch it on the way past but the cherry blossoms stopped before I could tap on it?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2016, 05:18:38 AM »

We're less than an hour from the city here, not completely rural Australia but absolutely nothing in the nearby Pokemon tab in bottom corner.
We actually took a drive in this evening and there were plenty of Pokemon nearby on the motorway (so at least I know how it works now) but I could only get close enough to catch them in the suburbs.

I also saw a pokestop with cherry blossoms, we slowed to try and catch it on the way past but the cherry blossoms stopped before I could tap on it?

You should of been able to get the stop. The blossoms just mean someone put a lure there and it attracts pokemon for 30min.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2016, 06:05:45 AM »
I'm finding the most maddening bug that I've run in to is that I can't capture gyms!!!  :pout: Half the time, I go up to battle them and I just get kicked right back out as soon as the battle starts, and the other half of the time I get to battle but I get the opponents Pokemon down to 1hp and everything just.... stops. I can keep on attacking, and the battle timer keeps going, but the defending Pokemon just stands there and stares at me. It's super frustrating because a) it's a main aspect of the game, and I should have taken a few gyms yesterday a couple of times over, and b) I can tell that there are people who can take gyms no problem because from my house I can see three and they are constantly changing colors (to colors that are not mine, lol)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 06:09:39 AM »
Nope nothing here even went driving across the fields last night when I got frustrated. Apparently less inhabits yes areas mean no Pokemon. You would think since Pokemon like tall grasses we would have a ton! I mean we live in a 400 acres farm. Sister and I are driving to the next town over to walk around and find some today: :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 07:44:47 AM »
I've been having a lot of fun with this!  There are two Pokestops not even a minute walk from my house so that's pretty neat!  One is a well known haunted place in my town so my friends and I have been joking that the ghost is in charge of the Pokestop.  I have a super high energy dog who I walk about 5 miles a day give or take, so that has been ideal for both egg hatching and Pokemon finding lol.  My friend and I had a Pokemon Adventure in the next town over at like 10:00 last night and we ran around eating frozen yogurt, catching Pokemon in the dark, and defending a gym so that was a good time!  Unfortunately my phone ran out of battery when I was trying to catch a Goldeen!  Oddly enough considering we were right by the ocean, the Goldeen was the only water type we actually found (though we saw the silhouettes of one or two others).  We both are the blue team.  We figured that being on the same team would be fun so we can help each other out. 

What we have had trouble figuring out is the whole transferring Pokemon thing and how it relates to evolution, so if anyone has any tips that would be awesome!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Princess Lala

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2016, 08:27:19 AM »
Omg went to the park and found a TON of Pokemon! I went from having 15 Pokemon to 33! I GOT MY DRATINI AND DRAGONAIR I AM HAPPY NOW.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2016, 08:35:51 AM »
I am debating getting a replica of Ash's cap, in the hopes that people will realize I'm catching Pokemon when I stray into their yards.  XD

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2016, 08:36:20 AM »
What we have had trouble figuring out is the whole transferring Pokemon thing and how it relates to evolution, so if anyone has any tips that would be awesome!

I could be wrong because I am still waiting to log into PTC and see how it works. I think when you transfer a pokemon then you get something in return. Maybe candies? And then that item helps you evolve a pokemon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal