collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 87688 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 05:43:45 AM »
Hey guys, just a quick reminder.....be safe while playing this.

Last night at work my table at lunch we were joking about this subject, and wow how crazy it's already happened in real life hours later. We were talking about what if the pokèstops were in sketchy areas and someone knew about people stopping by the pokèstops and robbed you. It's actually happened already and it was on the news, some people had their iPhone stolen from them because the theives knew right where to go. Please just stay out of the bad areas and be very careful at night, okay!? You can take your car and just drive near the pokèstops  (obviously don't play and drive, park somewhere safe!) and the pokemon and rewards still pop out, I did that earlier and still got my points. There was a pokèstop sort of close but it was in a questionable looking older beat up area....we just drove and chilled in the parking lot for about 2 minutes max with our doors locked and left. PLEASE be smart and safe!   ^^; :thumb:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:50:57 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 05:55:20 AM »
This makes me wish I actually had a smartphone...:(  My coworker was talking about it this morning and it sounds fun!

Princess Lala

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 05:57:07 AM »
HECK YES JIGGLYPUFF IS MINE! x3 She was in my bathroom lololol! I also got a vulpix in my bathroom, and my husband found it too!

Post Merge: July 07, 2016, 06:41:30 AM

Hey everyone, quick question! Is anyone else using AR mode ( like the camera background when you run into a wild Pokemon) and the Pokemon isnt displayed? When I exit out of AR mode it appears on my screen again. I wonder if its becaude i dont have a gyroscope? I use the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem and was able to fix it.

I tried rebooting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling the app and its not displaying the Pokemon on AR mode! *cries* I want my wild Pokemon to appear on my plushie piles for cute pictures!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:48:49 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 06:44:55 AM »
HECK YES JIGGLYPUFF IS MINE! x3 She was in my bathroom lololol! I also got a vulpix in my bathroom, and my husband found it too!

Hey everyone, quick question! Is the AR mode ( like the camera background when you run into a wild Pokemon) not displaying the Pokemon but the camera part works? Whenever I exit our of AR mode with the cartoon background it shows the Pokemon.... I use the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. Husband has the same phone a SME and some reason it works for his phone!

I tried rebooting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling the app and its not displaying the Pokemon on AR mode! *cries* I want my wild Pokemon to appear on my plushie piles for cute pictures!

They're definitely supposed to be appear in the AR mode. I switched to it immediately when I ran into the first Pokemon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 08:43:40 AM »
I got to work and Kadabra was chillin' on the bridge that goes over to the library. :lol: Also, my building is a PokeStop.

When I got to my desk, I turned around and a Drowzee was waiting for me near the area where students sit.

I can't wait to go walking during my lunch break and catch more! I think there are also two more PokeStops within walking distance.
Instagram / Want List

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 08:49:02 AM »

Hey everyone, quick question! Is the AR mode ( like the camera background when you run into a wild Pokemon) not displaying the Pokemon but the camera part works? Whenever I exit our of AR mode with the cartoon background it shows the Pokemon.... I use the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. Husband has the same phone a SME and some reason it works for his phone!

They're definitely supposed to be appear in the AR mode. I switched to it immediately when I ran into the first Pokemon.

Sometimes in AR mode, the Pokemon appears lower than you expect. If you don't see it, move your phone around until the Pokemon is in view. If I'm sitting they tend to appear right in my lap, and I don't always see them instantly.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 10:18:44 AM »
Living in a small town, I'm really surprised at how many pokestops and gyms are near by. From my house there are four separate gyms that are within easy travel distance, and a good handful of pokestops.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »
I've run into a Pidgy sitting on my work laptop so far, but that's about it. It's pretty cool to watch them jumping on the keys. I find it kind of hilarious that while I'm in my building I'm always either standing in the middle of the highway or the middle of the river in the game.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 10:59:57 AM »
I've run into a Pidgy sitting on my work laptop so far, but that's about it. It's pretty cool to watch them jumping on the keys. I find it kind of hilarious that while I'm in my building I'm always either standing in the middle of the highway or the middle of the river in the game.

:lol:

I just caught a Pidgey on top of my (closed) 3DS! I'd post the picture I took, but it shows how badly I need to dust stuff.  :yikes:

|My Collection|

Kanchii

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 06:13:54 PM »
I was one of the beta testers. As I figured, from what a hot mess the beta was, it has pleeeenty of bugs xD I can barely ever even get on, it always says the servers are down, or just freezes at the loading screen.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 06:18:41 PM »

:lol:

I just caught a Pidgey on top of my (closed) 3DS! I'd post the picture I took, but it shows how badly I need to dust stuff.  :yikes:

I just had an Eevee and another Pidgey come up in front of your post on my screen lol.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2016, 07:16:03 PM »
We went to the Farmers Market tonight, and I couldn't believe how many Pokestops were down there! It's really neat how the app gets you out and exploring your area--all the Pokestops were part of the area's downtown Sculpture Walk. Super cool! My 6yo played it on our drive home and is pretty good at catching! I'm not so great, but I did catch an Eevee and a Pidgeotto in the backseat of our truck after gymnastics this morning!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 07:21:36 PM »
Agreeing with the play safe!!! comment, and remember, you dont *have* to be looking at your screen to find Pokémon.  As long as the screen is on, your phone will vibrate when you find one.  So there's really no reason you can't just hold onto your phone and just glance at it occasionally. :)

You dont have to be right on top of it to catch them, either, so if you're crossing a street or something, just wait till you get across,  then look. It'll still be close enough to catch!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:23:31 PM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 07:39:18 PM »
I just now downloaded it and I'm ready to get started! If you live in a small town are there gyms and plenty of Pokemon there or does it make you go to other towns?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 07:43:31 PM »
I just now downloaded it and I'm ready to get started! If you live in a small town are there gyms and plenty of Pokemon there or does it make you go to other towns?

Theres a lot in my town, within just a few blocks I've caught like 60!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal