collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 88908 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Gen 2 released February 16th!
« Reply #1335 on: July 14, 2017, 08:47:21 PM »
What do you make of this?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/07/12/this-looks-like-the-first-chance-to-get-locked-region-exclusive-pokemon-in-pokemon-go/#17d528c83eb5
I really don't know what to make of it; sometimes I think I know what Niantic has up its sleeve and then they throw a curveball I never expected. But you never know! I guess I'm keeping my expectations low so I'll be pleasantly surprised?

One curveball I didn't expect was the Pikachus with Ash's hat that Niantic has released for Pokémon Go's anniversary. When I heard that it was yet another Pikachu with a hat I was underwhelmed, but then when I found my first one, it was so cute! And the one I found happened to have thundershock and thunderbolt just like Ash's. (Childhood nostalgia: "Pikachu, THUNDERBOLT!!!") So I forgave Niantic for yet another hat Pikachu.

In exciting news (for me), I hatched a Togepi!!!! After seven months of waiting, lol, I finally have my coveted baby Pokémon. In a few million miles I can have a Togetic. XD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 19, 2017, 09:15:06 AM »
I'm still not enjoying the "50 coins per day, but only if your Pokemon gets kicked out the gym" system. Right now that's still my biggest complaint. Oh, that and constantly getting 2k eggs. I don't need anything from 2k eggs anymore, ugh! It's such a waste of time to walk with them when you know that literally nothing that hatches from them will be something you need. :pout: It'd be nice if we could throw eggs away.

I've been having fun with the raid battles, especially since it's the only way I can get on track to getting a Feraligatr. My husband and I will go out of our way if we see a Croconaw raid nearby.

So I still don't totally get how the event is working this upcoming Saturday (since I guess even if you aren't at the festival in Chicago, you can still participate somehow), but I suppose I'll figure it out before then with the help of Reddit.
Instagram / Want List

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 19, 2017, 11:05:12 AM »
There's 3 half hour blocks that worldwide catches count toward a mystery event in Chicago. :)  they are planned for the Chicago time zone, though, so for here in California, they start at like 9 or 9:30 am
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 19, 2017, 11:07:21 AM »
Yup, I have it all figured out now.

It's supposed to rain/storm all day Saturday, so...that sucks. Go figure it's been beautiful this week! :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno
« Reply #1340 on: July 23, 2017, 11:54:11 AM »
Currently about 17 hours left for +3 candies for catches, 1/3 walking time on eggs (only on new ones started)  and buddy candies, double xp and stardust. :)

AND, go raiding for Lapras and Articuno!  If one pops up close enough to you and ypu have the time to wait, I would head to it, people will show up.  Last night, in my little town, 19 people met up and together we beat Articuno, and with using golden berries, right around *half* of us caught it.  Much better than the 2% chance most sites are saying you have, and that was the first raid we had that many people at. :) only a few knew each other at all, but with 2 hours to beat it, thats plenty of timw for people to spot it and head over. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: July 23, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »
Now I'm glad I couldn't go!

http://mashable.com/2017/07/23/pokemon-go-fest-disaster/?ref=yfp#bzhGY4Mzqaqi
-_- What I mess. I've been reading the stories and it just sounds crazy. I do feel sorry for Niantic -- what a terrible PR disaster -- but they should have done this right. I really don't understand what they're thinking sometimes! At least the attendees definitely get Lugia, store credit, and a refund of at least their ticket. (It's still pretty sad, though, because I think the big event of the day was supposed to be battling Lugia, not just getting Lugia handed to you . . . )

Currently about 17 hours left for +3 candies for catches, 1/3 walking time on eggs (only on new ones started)  and buddy candies, double xp and stardust. :)

AND, go raiding for Lapras and Articuno!  If one pops up close enough to you and ypu have the time to wait, I would head to it, people will show up.  Last night, in my little town, 19 people met up and together we beat Articuno, and with using golden berries, right around *half* of us caught it.  Much better than the 2% chance most sites are saying you have, and that was the first raid we had that many people at. :) only a few knew each other at all, but with 2 hours to beat it, thats plenty of timw for people to spot it and head over. :)
Yes! It's pretty sweet. I've been able to level up and I've been hatching Pokémon like crazy. Nothing more exciting than a Cyndaquil, but it's fun all the same and I covet the double stardust.

My sister and I went out this afternoon to try to find an Articuno raid. After wandering a bit unsuccessfully, we tried our local Pokémon Facebook group -- which I haven't actually joined yet but should use more often -- and saw that someone had just reported an Articuno raid 15 minutes away. We drove up and found about 6 people holding their phones in the Tijuana Flats parking lot, and the six quickly turned into 12 as more cars arrived, and in the end 16 of us faced Articuno. Everyone was friendly and it was less scary than I thought it would be to meet strangers, lol. Together we beat it! Then one of the guys said, "Hey, there's a Lugia across the street!" and we all hurried over to fight it together. It had been drizzling and now started raining more, but even so (and even after my game crashed yet again in the raid lobby!) we all got in (about 20 of us this time) and battled it and won. It was a pretty close battle; my first team all fainted and I had to rejoin (that happened with the Articuno as well). My biggest worry had been finding enough people to battle with, but everything went really smoothly! People came out of the woodwork.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 23, 2017, 07:48:47 PM »
Sadly, I had to work today, so I didn't get to take advantage of all the special bonuses.... but I am excited for the appearance of Lugia!!!!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 25, 2017, 10:10:15 AM »
I did a Lugia (YAY FAVORITE LEGENDARY!!!) raid and an Articuno raid last night with a large group of people. I'm mostly in it for the rewards. If I keep my hopes low of actually catching one of them, then I can't be disappointed when I don't- which I didn't. :lol:

I'm 6 candies away from a Tyranitar now. I had 23 rare candies between the two legendary raids, so I used them all on Pupitar. Croconaw is my buddy since Totodile is the only starter that never spawns around here and I want Feraligatr!

Oh, should the title of the thread be Lugia and Articuno, not Lapras? Just wondering. ;)
Instagram / Want List

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: July 26, 2017, 05:40:13 PM »
I did an Articuno raid with 8 other people on Sunday. We got very close to beating it. But timed out right before anyone could get the last hit in.

But I did manage to make it to level 30!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 27, 2017, 08:51:03 AM »
I did an Articuno raid with 8 other people on Sunday. We got very close to beating it. But timed out right before anyone could get the last hit in.

But I did manage to make it to level 30!

Awesome! I hit level 30 yesterday!

Perfect timing, huh? Those extra incubators came in handy during this event. :P
Instagram / Want List

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 27, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »
I happened to run into a raid party for Articuno on my way home last night and caught it :)

I did another Articuno raid today, and a Lugia - unfortunately they both got away.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: July 27, 2017, 11:48:59 PM »

-_- What I mess. I've been reading the stories and it just sounds crazy. I do feel sorry for Niantic -- what a terrible PR disaster -- but they should have done this right. I really don't understand what they're thinking sometimes! At least the attendees definitely get Lugia, store credit, and a refund of at least their ticket. (It's still pretty sad, though, because I think the big event of the day was supposed to be battling Lugia, not just getting Lugia handed to you . . . )

My husband and I actually managed to score tickets back when they were on sale, so we ended up going. It was.... pretty bad XD I think a lot of the problem was that they just never have dealt with THAT large of a crowd before. But I will say that the stories showing up on the internet are leaving out the good. From a software standpoint, the changes that Niantic were able to make so quickly was impressive, and once they widened the radius of the event to two miles away from the park in every direction it helped a LOT.

And yeah, the big major event WAS supposed to be everyone battling Lugia in the park. It was supposed to 'be a tough battle, but an easy catch', according to one of the staff members we spoke to. But we didn't miss out on that! They released the Lugia and Articuno raids all around that two mile radius of the city, and IT WAS EPIC! We were running from raid to raid, laughing and talking to other people doing the same thing (the raids started as a few at first and just kept spreading). Almost everyone we talked to said that THAT was what the event should have been, and that at that point everyone was having fun, getting to run around and raid, catch unown and heracross, and explore.

Over all we actually had a really good time and a nice little mini vacation, and would do it all over again.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 28, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »

My husband and I actually managed to score tickets back when they were on sale, so we ended up going. It was.... pretty bad XD I think a lot of the problem was that they just never have dealt with THAT large of a crowd before. But I will say that the stories showing up on the internet are leaving out the good. From a software standpoint, the changes that Niantic were able to make so quickly was impressive, and once they widened the radius of the event to two miles away from the park in every direction it helped a LOT.

And yeah, the big major event WAS supposed to be everyone battling Lugia in the park. It was supposed to 'be a tough battle, but an easy catch', according to one of the staff members we spoke to. But we didn't miss out on that! They released the Lugia and Articuno raids all around that two mile radius of the city, and IT WAS EPIC! We were running from raid to raid, laughing and talking to other people doing the same thing (the raids started as a few at first and just kept spreading). Almost everyone we talked to said that THAT was what the event should have been, and that at that point everyone was having fun, getting to run around and raid, catch unown and heracross, and explore.

Over all we actually had a really good time and a nice little mini vacation, and would do it all over again.

I'm glad it got a lot better later in the day.

But I still don't understand how they were so unprepared. This was a ticketed event. They sold X tickets, so they knew X people were going to be there.

sailorstitch

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1349 on: August 07, 2017, 07:35:40 AM »
I CAUGHT a Kangaskhan! :wow:

I was sat on my sofa, fussing my cat and she started looking at my phone. When I looked, low and behold there was a WILD Kangaskhan ???? I thought they were regional and only can out of eggs else where.

I managed to catch it to my great surprise :D

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal